• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed milk

xannyhead

Bluelighter
so, does weed milk get you high? Im asking this because I wanna quit smoking.

yes, whole milk (3.5% fat) is pretty effective in extracting the cannabinoids. hits faster than edibles as well on an empty stomach since you don't have to digest solid matter.

adding some coconut oil into the mix as u cook it will help too. the fattier the better. read up on how to make bhang

I had an incredibly successful and enjoyable experience only last week making Bhang. I had a flue / bad cold and didn't want to smoke as my lungs and throat where in bits so decided to give it a shot. I have tried a couple times with different techniques before with varying success, but this one worked wonderfully.

Here's the recipe I used;

I put full fat milk and some water into a small pot, I didn't measure but roughly a 60/40 ratio. There ended up being enough liquid to fill a medium sized tea-cup.
Added .4 - .5 g cannabis herb,
One small knob of butter

I tried making it before with just hot water with butter in it and it didn't work nearly as well as with the added milk.

I let the mixture simmer for 30 - 40 minutes on a low heat. poured through a mesh strainer into my cup. This can then be flavoured by honey, lemon and ginger tea, or whatever you want.

It worked incredibly well. The effected although similar was quite distinct from smoked cannabis. I got an amazing positive buzz, where I felt connected to nature and the world around me, it was a sunny day and I felt drawn to its healing rays. My thinking also became quite abstract and nonlinear. All in all it was the closest I've experienced to a 'cannabis trip'. It lasted maybe 4 - 5 hours and then died down. I'm usually purely a smoking man but this experience has led me to definitively want to consume it this way again next time my stash is big enough. ]

It was one of the most positive cannabis experiences I have had in a long time and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I had an incredibly successful and enjoyable experience only last week making Bhang. I had a flue / bad cold and didn't want to smoke as my lungs and throat where in bits so decided to give it a shot. I have tried a couple times with different techniques before with varying success, but this one worked wonderfully.

I put full fat milk and some water into a small pot, I didn't measure but roughly a 60/40 ratio. There ended up being enough liquid to fill a medium sized tea-cup.
One small knob of butter

I tried making it before with just hot water with butter in it and it didn't work nearly as well as with the added milk.

I let the mixture simmer for 30 - 40 minutes on a low heat. poured through a mesh strainer into my cup. This can then be flavoured by honey, lemon and ginger tea, or whatever you want.

It worked incredibly well. The effected although similar was quite distinct from smoked cannabis. I got an amazing positive buzz, where I felt connected to nature and the world around me, it was a sunny day and I felt drawn to its healing rays. My thinking also became quite abstract and nonlinear. All in all it was the closest I've experienced to a 'cannabis trip'. It lasted maybe 4 - 5 hours and then died down. I'm usually purely a smoking man but this experience has led me to definitively want to consume it this way again next time my stash is big enough. ]

It was one of the most positive cannabis experiences I have had in a long time and I highly recommend it.

I appreciate this post very much. Might give it a try myself...

so, does weed milk get you high? Im asking this because I wanna quit smoking.

As an alternative to smoking, I can agree with many of the other posters that Bhang works extremely well. I prepared it with less than a half gram of shake and stems, enough milk to fill my entire coffee cup, and a teaspoon of unsalted butter. I stirred at medium heat and than brought to a simmer for 35 minutes. Then I strained as well as I could back into the cup and added honey. It worked and gave me a unique cannabis experience that lasted very long time. Of course it's not going to hit you as fast as smoking bud, but I can attest that 30 mins after consumption of Bhang with a good dosage will have you slumped as fuck.

One small knob of butter

That sounds great, I'm going to give that a try. Does anyone know should i decarb first?

Also try adding Lecithin. It's an emulsifier and it's supposed to increase the bio-availability.

That sounds great, I'm going to give that a try. Does anyone know should i decarb first?

Not necessary to decarb from my experience. The fats you add into your beverage will extract the THC from the buds.

Also try adding Lecithin. It's an emulsifier and it's supposed to increase the bio-availability.

Do you recommend like some store bought lecithin or can it be found in some sort of food?

Not necessary to decarb from my experience. The fats you add into your beverage will extract the THC from the buds.

Do you recommend like some store bought lecithin or can it be found in some sort of food?
I've used the lecithin soft gels once, but I'm positive there is a better way. I don't make edibles often so I will look into it. However, decarbing is necessary for edibles. There is very little (if any) THC in cannabis buds. It is all in its carboxylic acid form, THCa, and needs to undergo decarboxylation to remove the the acid and have THC in the edibles. Consuming THCa (THC that hasn't been decarbed) will not get you high.

Last edited:
Update on lecithin: Use granules/powder or liquids, not gel caps. Asked a friend and he said it's a hassle to use the caps and they impart an unpleasant flavor.

I've used the lecithin soft gels once, but I'm positive there is a better way. I don't make edibles often so I will look into it. However, decarbing is necessary for edibles. There is very little (if any) THC in cannabis buds. It is all in its carboxylic acid form, THCa, and needs to undergo decarboxylation to remove the the acid and have THC in the edibles. Consuming THCa (THC that hasn't been decarbed) will not get you high.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't much of the THCa turn into THC once the buds begin to dry? Also, wouldn't the weed go through the decarboxylation process while simmering with the milk, butter, lecithin, etc?

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't much of the THCa turn into THC once the buds begin to dry? Also, wouldn't the weed go through the decarboxylation process while simmering with the milk, butter, lecithin, etc?
No, the THCa will not have totally converted. Some will have yes, but unless you are smoking very old material (like a year old) it should still be largely THCa. The average bud probably would be somewhere in the 10-18% range in THCa and will have at most 2-3% THC.

However, you are correct, it would decarb in the simmer. So you don't need to decarb the material prior as long as you let it simmer for enough time.

EDIT: To further clarify on the first point. The THCa in the buds is decarboxylated when we light it to smoke or heat it to vape. If THC was found in large quantities in cannabis then you could just eat the buds and get high, however, this is not the case.

Last edited:

One small knob of butter

Tried it yesterday
0,4g of ground up weed
Tea cup worth of 70-30 milk water mixture 3,2% fat milk with a small amount of butter + some condensed one for flavour
35 mins of simmering
into a cup and down the hatch

All I got from it was barely noticeable buzz.

Tried it yesterday
0,4g of ground up weed
Tea cup worth of 70-30 milk water mixture 3,2% fat milk with a small amount of butter + some condensed one for flavour
35 mins of simmering
into a cup and down the hatch

All I got from it was barely noticeable buzz.

I used whole milk, so I had more fat in my mixture, but the butter in your case should have helped. I think it might have to simmer for longer as well. Maybe an hour of simmering would increase the amount extracted? Anyone have any ideas?

^ It was most likely not decarbed as already described by SheWasLvL18

3.2 is full fat not to mention the condensated milk on top of it. Needless to say I'm not willing to waste another .4 g on trial and error.

It's hard to say for sure because edibles have a lot of variables: how much was decarbed, quality of starting material, individual's metabolism and tolerance, etc.), so all I can do is try and relay what I would attempt.

I would let it heat longer at the lowest temperature possible. Decarboxylation occurs at around 220 degrees Fahrenheit and I would recommend at least 40-45 min, but no more than 1 hour and 15 min. When I made edibles in the past I would decarb in the fat for about 10 hours and would use a crock pot, but I was using a lot more material, so for this purpose I don't think you want to go much over that 1 hour mark as you might begin to degrade the THC. After, I would strain the ground up buds into the cup to get all of it out.

Just to VERY roughly try and estimate how potent he drink is lets assume you are using .4 g of 15% THCa and 1% THC cannabis and we will assume you do a maximum possible conversion of THCa to THC. Total Available THC= THC + (THCa * 0.877) The 0.877 is the molecular weight.
The dry material has 60 mg of THCa and 4 mg of THC. In the best case scenario you are working with 56.62 mg of Activated THC. In reality if you get 40 mg I would consider that a great success. This is probably why you didn't feel much. If you have a tolerance 40 mg isn't going to do much and not to mention some will be lost to metabolism.

EDIT: I would just smoke it the weed!

For those who have access to it using distillate makes edibles a hell of a lot easier. Distillate is usually decarbed during the distillation process, meaning you can make edibles EXTREMELY fast without decarbing and you don't have to do any conversion math because you are working with straight THC, hell you could slap some on some peanut butter and eat it plain. IF distillate isn't available Concentrates/wax/shatter/whatever-you-call-it are pretty easy to decarb and are very potent for edibles.

Last edited: