• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Aripriprizole and `other drugs`

Mr Dan Hardy

Greenlighter
Hello there

I`m beginning on fortnightly anti-psychotic aripriprizole depot injections next week and have had bad experiences with these (anti-psychotic medication) in the past in that, primarily they stop other drugs from working.
I have heard that aripriprizole is better in this way and actually enhances amphetamine use, but what about buprenorphine, valium and fentanyl.
Are there any other drug enthusiasts out there that are on aripriprizole and how bad or good is it (aripriprizole)
Is it different and/or better than other anti-psychotics, and does it stifle and/or water down other drugs,
Which drugs work on it and which ones don`t and can anyone tell me about ariprizole on its own,

Did it make things better all round or did it make things worse ???

%)8o8:)o;)8)

Hi I take 10mg Apriprazole orally at night. It does use the CYP34A enzyme (same as Valium) but not the CYP450 chromosome pathway so does not interact. I take Valium 2 twice a day and it is fine. Codeine also works but can't say about Fentanyl. If it is a dopamine blocker and I am pretty sure it is then amphetamines will not work as well as usual though.

How aripiprazole potentiates amphetamines and other TAAR1 1 And VMAT ligands is by agonising the PREsynaptic D2 autoreceptor, to A PARTIAL EXTENT. Which will cut off the amphetamine-induced SURGE of PREsynaptic D2 autoreceptors by endogenous dopamine itself providing a full-agonist throttle to presynaptic dopamine release. Therefore, MORE dopamone will pump out presynaptically with aripiprazole present at the receptor site, rather than dopamine, since it will elicit much less of response, and henceforth, equivalates to more dopamine release.

In addition to its postsynaptic actions at residual D2 sites unoccupied.

Hello there

I`m beginning on fortnightly anti-psychotic aripriprizole depot injections next week and have had bad experiences with these (anti-psychotic medication) in the past in that, primarily they stop other drugs from working.
I have heard that aripriprizole is better in this way and actually enhances amphetamine use, but what about buprenorphine, valium and fentanyl.
Are there any other drug enthusiasts out there that are on aripriprizole and how bad or good is it (aripriprizole)
Is it different and/or better than other anti-psychotics, and does it stifle and/or water down other drugs,
Which drugs work on it and which ones don`t and can anyone tell me about ariprizole on its own,

Did it make things better all round or did it make things worse ???

%)8o8:)o;)8)

It should actually decrease the REWARDING effects of other classes of drugs--such as the ones you mentioned but JUST MIGHT enhance the REINFORCING effects of them via D3 partial agonism.

If you read online, aripiprazole, like other D3 agonists such as ropinirole and pramipexole can cause compulsive behaviors. Like gambling, shopping, sex, drug-seeking and redosing...

Aripriprizole is - according to me, but not necessarily scientifically, much like Flupenthixol, and not as effective when it comes to it anti psychotic properties, but good as an additive for depression and GAD, and it even makes you more active.

If you have problems with the sedating side effects of meds like Olanzapine or Ripseridone, try this.

I found it so effective that I ended up injecting it into my thigh when I was desperate enough. DO NOT do this - I'm just saying it works, as long as one don't except a benzo-like effect from it. Compare it to other anti-psychotics and you will be more than happy with it.

If you suffer from anxiety - it's the thing to go for. Not only for the medication in itself, but because you can easily get trihexyphenidyl from it's side effects, and alot of people find trihexyphenidyl help with anxiety/depression. Have you tried it?`I'm not sure whether you have problems with anxiety or if you use it for psychotic problems.

It has no effect on buprenoprhine, valium or fentanyl. It affects amphetamine though:

It should actually decrease the REWARDING effects of other classes of drugs--such as the ones you mentioned but JUST MIGHT enhance the REINFORCING effects of them via D3 partial agonism.

If you read online, aripiprazole, like other D3 agonists such as ropinirole and pramipexole can cause compulsive behaviors. Like gambling, shopping, sex, drug-seeking and redosing...
Perhaps it should decrease, but sometime theory and practice don't add up, and it seems Aripriprizole actually increases the effect of amphetamine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16540264

Thanks for the feedback,
I've just been for my first Aripriprizole injection and (having run out of all meds)
Fallen into a black hole this past few days,
(and not slept or eaten for over 50 hours)
Lets hope these aripriprizole injections work for us and make things better,
(couldn't realm make them any worse)
Roll on weekend, payday Friday.....

;)

Bluehair,
Does this mean yes and no, basically, can you simplify it a bit ???

How aripiprazole potentiates amphetamines and other TAAR1 1 And VMAT ligands is by agonising the PREsynaptic D2 autoreceptor, to A PARTIAL EXTENT. Which will cut off the amphetamine-induced SURGE of PREsynaptic D2 autoreceptors by endogenous dopamine itself providing a full-agonist throttle to presynaptic dopamine release. Therefore, MORE dopamone will pump out presynaptically with aripiprazole present at the receptor site, rather than dopamine, since it will elicit much less of response, and henceforth, equivalates to more dopamine release.

In addition to its postsynaptic actions at residual D2 sites unoccupied.

Reward is not a pleasant effect. It causes obsessive, compulsive, addictive drug seeking.

Aripiprazole shoild DECREASE this via D3 receptors.

Euphoria, however, is pleasant. And aripiprazole increases this by blocking dopamine's full agonism at the D2 autoreceptor and providing pissy partial agonism so less dopamine hits them up and more can be pumped out. :)