• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Are supermarkets and takeaways poisoning us?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Just thinking are most foods in the supermarket junk food or just poison? They say avoid processed and snack food which I have done for about a month and I still feel bit ill sometimes after eating even healthy food from supermarket like fruits or raw veg. Years ago when I started takeaways I was addicted and got fat, is all thanks to food additives and flavour enhancers that are put in food like MSG and many others that inticed me to go back for more, there even a wiki on food additives. So are the supermarkets and takeaways criminal here or is it a governement agenda to make us ill and tempt us eating bad food so doctors or NHS can make millions selling medications and drugs to counteract these health problems? Just wondering would I still feel ill if I just buy and ate fruit and raw veg for the rest of my life from supermarket or would I need to go to a local market or farmer market or get an allotment to grow my own to feel any better? Also do top end leaders, politicians and government workers even go to the supermarket ? Bet you wouldn't catch Theresa may in TEsco would you?

Cheers

MH

I don't think it's a conspiracy to poison us. It doesn't need to be. Anything that enhances corporate profits is going to be done. That would include making processed foods and takeaways/take-outs more 'addictive' (moreish) and pumping fields full of pesticides and fertilisers to improve crop yields.

"Just wondering would I still feel ill if I just buy and ate fruit and raw veg for the rest of my life from supermarket or would I need to go to a local market or farmer market or get an allotment to grow my own to feel any better?"

This is working on the presumption that your illness is only caused by the food that you eat.

You can scale back your toxic food by always buying whole foods and fresh ingredients, which you then combine and cook yourself. Pre-made foods always have additives, either to preserve them or to enhance their appeal. Really the main reason why people are being poisoned is because they're lazy. Statistically, people cook at home less than they used to. The average meal prep time has gone way down. I read a disturbing report not long ago that said the millennial generation knows less about cooking than the previous 4 generations and their rate of eating out has gone up.

Our food systems are indeed poisoned, from start to finish. It's mostly about maximizing profits. Synthetics are cheaper than real food. But there is also some collusion happening at this point. Corporations feel entitled to maintain their obscene profits so they manipulate safety laws in order to keep poisoning us. That said, you have eyes and a brain, you can read the ingredients on the label. You have the internet and can research where your food comes from. The problem is that not everyone lives in a locale where they can buy pristine food. Sometimes there's only crap available.

If you want to refine it further, you can buy those whole foods certified organic. I'm not sure that I fully trust USDA organic anymore, they got bought out. A lot of the minimum threshold requirements to meet organic were changed. Also a lot of organic farming methods, such as organic pesticides, are still toxic to us, but because they meet the definition of organic they can be sold under that label.

There are summer and winter farmer's markets in my city. If yours has any, I recommend those. They usually have the best quality and it's truly organic. Might cost a bit more money but it's worth it because the nutrition per calorie is way higher. I don't buy everything organic. Things like root vegetables don't matter... but leafy stuff and soft skinned fruits like berries, I always buy organic.

For meat, make friends with someone who goes hunting, or find an organic butcher. City ones are terribly expensive because they've become a fad, but it can be worth it to take a trip to the countryside once a year and buy bulk butchered meat to put in the deep freeze.

Yes, your health will improve dramatically if you eat whole foods and cut back on chemical additives.

There is definitely an effort by "them" to poison us through controlling the food supply. There is no doubt.

There is definitely an effort by "them" to poison us through controlling the food supply. There is no doubt.

Exactly. They’ve always been trying to thin the herd. It’s not a “conspiracy”, it’s a fact and it’s working. Most people are obese and die from it. The food that’s healthy for you is very expensive and they know most people can’t afford it. Low income families buy fast food and junk from the store that’s cheap.
Diabetes, obesity, cancer from certain foods, death.
Oh and don’t even get me started on how they poison the water on purpose. Look at Flint, Michigan. That tells you all you need to know about how they are deliberately killing people.

As a powerlifter I prep all my meals using whole foods. Whole grains, eggs, fish, red/lean meats veggies etc. I admit it gets boring not being able to eat outside and whatnot but weightlifting is kind of a lonely road.

Processed foods are the worst. All those preservatives and extra sodium are just garbage and wreak havoc on your body. They can add that pink slime beef powder and still call it 100% beef. Finding quality food is not hard just get the less process stuff. Cooking and cleaning is a process but if you put your mind to it, its just part of living a healthy lifestyle. Anybody can follow a cookbook and with some trial and error you can make some good tasting and healthy stuff at home.

Bad food that causes health problems = more money for the medical industry = shortened lifespan = form of population control. It's sad that not everyone is able to afford quality food, but most of my money goes towards food anyways since im soberish now. (Beers and weed don't count)