• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Marijuana/a lot) - Amature - Is this a normal trip from weed?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
I've never posted here before and I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread for this but it does include a lengthy trip report so that's where i'm putting it.

I know this is quite long but I’m looking for thoughtful answers and conversation so I’ve left it this length for those who are willing to listen. I don’t really have anyone else to talk to about this and i want to know how normal this is. Before I get to it I want to give a little background on my previous experiences with marijuana.

I’m a 24 (almost 25) year old male and I’m not much of a pot smoker. I smoke at parties occasionally and my boyfriend and I have indulged a few times on our own but other than that it hasn’t been a big part of my life. The first time we tried to smoke we did it out of a tobacco pipe… it went horribly wrong and I just felt really sick. We decided to eat it instead so I melted some chocolate and sprinkled the weed on top while it was still liquid. They didn’t taste very good but they worked. We sat in my room with the giggles and munchies all night, talking.

This is what I had always expected from weed. Giggling for no reason, eating everything and talking about stuff that makes no sense. From then on I assumed that edibles where the way to go for me. Unfortunately I have never experienced that again. That was the one and only time I have ever gotten giggly. Since then It mostly just makes me dizzy, tired and sick.

My boyfriend bought some more and wanted to make more edibles so I decided to make brownies. It made me sick to the point of throwing up. After that, just the smell of those brownies made me want to lose my lunch. My boyfriend liked them though so I would choke down a quarter of one with him when he wanted to do them.

It should be noted at this point that aside from the one time he and I got giggly my experiences with being high have been not too dissimilar from being drunk. Infact, I had pretty much equated the two and didn’t understand the fuss. I learned to actually ‘smoke’ it a little better at a few parties but I mostly stuck to beer and figured that was about all weed was good for… Until last night…

The night before last I was feeling down. I was alone and out of beer so I decided to break out the weed; something I’ve never done alone. I didn’t expect anything other than the usual “drunk” feeling I get. I turned on some music and took a few hits. Within ten minutes I was drifting away into the music thinking about the back of my head falling away into space. Suddenly a lot of album covers made sense.

I realized a big difference was just me letting myself go. When I would do it at a party or with my boyfriend I always tried to stay in control. I didn’t smoke more than I did any other time but the simple act of just letting my mind do what it wanted to do made all the difference.

But that was ‘that’ night. I really enjoyed myself and decided I wanted to do it again the next night but this time do it proper and really let myself go. I grew up listening to 60s and 70s music and I’ve always had a fascination with hippy culture from that time. I decided I would turn the lights off, set up a black light and listen to Pink Floyd. I had only intended to listen to one album but by the end of the night I had listened to Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon and Animals in that order.

This is where I need to stop for a moment. The things I experienced seem so over the top when I think back on it so it's a bit awkward to talk about but that's why I'm here. It’s going to be very personal and a little explicit but I need to know if this is normal. So here we go.

I’m sitting in my room illuminated only by a black light, I start Shine On You Crazy Diamond and take my first few deep puff. I lay back on my couch and my mind starts drifting the way it did the night before but it rapidly escalates. Over the course of that thirteen minute song the whole experience starts to feel very sexual to me. I take off my cloths, take another deep hit and lay there naked feeling almost like I’m having sex with the music. As the album goes on I start thinking about my boyfriend being there with me. I think about the two of us having sex and I can actually feel it more vividly and powerfully than even in reality. I spend half an hour on the edge of orgasm without even touching myself.

I got up, started The Wall and took a few more hits. The music felt like it was flowing through me. My entire body tingled as it flowed from my hands, feet and head. I saw myself flying with the music thru space. I began to feel surround by people, all of us naked. Suddenly, hippies running around naked together makes a lot more sense to me. It felt both sexual and not at the same time. It felt very connected.

The Wall was the most sexual for me and it’s where I learned how sensitive I can make my body. I could make any part of myself like my penis (yes, I’m aware of what I sound like right now). It felt like people were climbing all over me and what ever part of me they touched was ready to explode in the best way.

At the same time, the music was filling my body. I don’t remember what song it was but the bass felt like it was filling my head like a balloon until it finally popped. I felt like my fingers were stretched out, attached to whatever I wanted at the time. So if I wanted a glass of water I would feel my fingers stretched out across the room attached to it, guiding my way.

I had been taking hits all the way through The Wall and now took another one as I put on Dark Side of the Moon. By this point I wasn’t even hearing the music anymore. I was completely lost in space with the music being this invisible force filling me from head to toe. I began to be able to control the things i was experiencing. One of my favorite things to do was make a tree grow out of my chest. I did that a few times. Sometimes I was me, feeling this explosion of life force it’s way from my chest and sometimes I was the tree feeling my leaves outstretched over everything like an umbrella. Another thing I liked to do was fall and fly. I could fall through the air never reaching the ground or I could be a bird flying above everything, feeling the wind under my wings.

Finally I put on Animals. This is where I decided to stop smoking and let myself come down. I layed back on the couch and drifted away into the music. I was exhausted at this point but that was ok. I could lay there and trust the music to take care of me. I layed there through the entire album and barely moved. When the album ended I just drifted away into the darkness until my boyfriend came online. I played it straight and didn’t even tell him I had smoked that night because what the hell was I gonna tell him about all that? Even though I was still quite high I was aware what it would sound like.

I went to bed after talking to him for a bit. I had dreams all night like I was still high (which I was) and still felt a little high all day today. Things just feel slower and I’ve been sitting and watching things like the cat for far longer than I normally would.

So there it is all laid out with a few particularly embarrassing tidbits left out. I don’t know what to think about this. I got to a place I had always thought you needed LSD to get to. Having never done LSD the only way I can describe what that night felt like is like an acid trip minus the visual hallucinations. Everything I talked about “seeing” where all internal. I never felt like I physically saw anything. But it was like going to another universe; a place where all my fears flowed through me beside all my passion and love knowing that nothing could hurt me. I’m an atheist. I don’t believe in any kind of spirituality or anything supernatural and I still don’t. But the best word I can come up with to really encompass my experience is “spiritual”.

So, is this normal when you smoke ALOT of weed? The thought had crossed my mind that it might be laced with something but I’ve smoked this weed before and never even gotten a hint of what I got that night. I have also considered that I did it to myself in a way. I was thinking about the 60’s and did my best to emulate the atmosphere with the music and black light. Did I just put myself in the headspace to have more of a trip than I would normally? If so I guess it was still the weed that got me there...

I don’t know. It was an experience that I didn’t expect to have and never even thought was possible to have with just weed. Has anyone else had experiences like this?

substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabinoids
explevel_inexperienced
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just what getting really high for the first time is like, man do I miss that! You're all good, but that will not be a regular thing if you continue to smoke frequently you won't be getting that high, unfortunately. Not everyone's first real experience is the same, but they are all usually profound IMO. I also say "real" because for myself and some other people I know (and seemingly yourself) didn't feel the "true high" the first few times we smoked, just the light giggly feeling you mentioned, but after a wild experience fell in love with the first real high. Like I said though you'll eventually build a tolerance and to be honest you probably won't experience anything THAT powerful again, but you'll definitely be getting pretty high if you continue smoking!

yeah strong doses early on are mentally intense with lots of weirdness

after regular use it becomes less intensely pleasurable still but easier to handle but the psychdelic edge of music is there but rather than blowing your mind it just takles the average and makes it feel special weather its food sex music etc.

on an early late teens experience with some jamaican brick weed in a joint that was huge and pure me and my friend were laughing so much that it felt like my face had melted. was probably just beads of sweat

Yep, totally normal early-use weed trip. Man I miss those days.

I do agree with everybody saying its because its very early in ur smoking....BUT...with the fact that ur boyfriend wasn't around was prob a big factor also..Leme guess,u didn't feel nervous about him finding out.which makes ur headspace much more clear and managable.And u let urself go,didn't worry about "what if I get caught", or think u were going to have a bad 'trip'(I use that term loosely wen talking bout MJ)..so ur mind was free of worrying, anxiety and u just gave into how you felt and went with it.....a lot of times ppl will have somn on their mind wen they smoke or use cannabis orally,and they cant just be.they always thinking about it the whole time they high.Thats why for ANY psychedelic drug or marijuana,a good clean clear head is ur best friend..u can enjoy ur high and sometimes u experience things u may had never experienced b4 while " medicated"....Well glad to hear ur report,twas a good question.

Regarding worrying about if you're going to get caught by your romantic partner... I say this from experience: I really strong recommend that you don't hide drug use from a partner. Honestly it's a betrayal of trust on your part. If you have a partner who can't accept your drug use, then you should consider whether that person is right for you, or, if they are, perhaps drugs aren't right for you. If you hide your drug use, it WILL come out someday, and it will cause a lot of problems. My ex-wife thought psychedelics were stupid drugs "for kids" and that I should "grow up and stop taking them", when we met. She did smoke weed though. I tried to share that part of my life with her, but she repeatedly shot me down and treated me with scorn for it. So I started hiding it. I hid it successfully for like 9 years even though we lived together and got married. Eventually she found out and it exploded and a few years later (for that and other reasons) we split up. It caused her a lot of pain to realize I had been basically living a double life behind her back, and it caused me a lot of self-loathing that I was doing that too.

My girlfriend now trips with me occasionally, but I do a lot more drugs than her. However, she knows about it and has no problem with me doing them. So everything is great. :)

Needing to hide things about yourself from a partner is a bad sign, in my experience...

Awesome post! Yes, for me this is what getting REALLY high for the first couple times felt like. If you take periodic breaks 1-2 weeks, you can still get a high similar to what you described in beautiful detail almost everytime. It really enhances your sensory perception and makes you more aware of your inner self (why you feel spiritual). Cannabis is also a great substance to experiment with before sex. That's probably when you related it's high to hippies in the 60's. Thats what many of them did was just "tune in and drop out" with various substances such as cannabis and LSD. If you watch videos on Woodstock or deadheads at various events, they're always tripping balls and/or high as fuck.