Training Log First ever cycle log

The first step is to decide if you want Cycle 2 to be a bulk, a cut or a recomp. Pick your training goals first and then select compounds appropriate for them.

Oh haha I thought it was known by now that I was doing a bulk this cycle, so cut for next one. Also Day 12 update: I did a full body workout today.. deadlift, squats, clean/press, and pull-ups. I realized today that my calves look a little small compared to the rest of my body... not sure if I should work them out more or just ignore it.

You didn't just ask that, right? You work those mofos till they catch the fuck up! Lol

Also I feel like its time to come clean. Im ready for the flaming~
My stats are : 23-25 years old (I wont disclose actual age)
160~lbs with 13% bf
7 years experience lifting, first 2 years consistent then 3 years of inconsistency then last 2 years back on track. However Ive been at this weight for the past year and a half now and I went for a bulk and got a little too much weight gain so I went on a ketogenic diet to lose all that extra fat I was carrying went down to 140lbs worked my way back up and still nothing. I felt like I wasted some serious time doing all that and now Im afraid of eating extra because of the fat gain. Right now I can see it forming since I was advised to eat more calories than usual...
My goals are to get 10-20lbs bigger (muscle) and then shredded. I was honestly thinking of taking clen after this cycle when Im off and waiting for cycle number 2 whose goal would be cut.

You didn't just ask that, right? You work those mofos till they catch the fuck up! Lol
Well it could just be me whose seeing it, I've never actually had a problem with their size before today

Ive been at this weight for the past year and a half now and I went for a bulk and got a little too much weight gain so I went on a ketogenic diet to lose all that extra fat I was carrying went down to 140lbs worked my way back up and still nothing. I felt like I wasted some serious time doing all that and now Im afraid of eating extra because of the fat gain. Right now I can see it forming since I was advised to eat more calories than usual...

Technically, you were advised to make your diet very methodical, organised and to measure everything so that you know what's doing what, not just 'eat more'. The usual advice is to calculate fat gain vs lbm gain (using calipers, mirror, dexa or whatever), and to adjust calories on that basis to favour lbm. But sometimes you've got to get a bit fat to get big, especially at the start, and sometimes it's moreso subq water and not fat.

I won't flame because I'm roughly the same age although I think you should have broken weight plateaus first. First two years lifting natural I went from 140lbs to 230lbs, granted I did some not-so-great shit to get there lol.

If you're worried about fat gain, one it's a bulk so it's gonna happen some. Two, you can minimize greatly by dialing your diet in and training harder/doing more cardio while simultaneously increasing food intake.

I mean I am training harder/doing more cardio and following a plan. (Probably would have gained more weight if I just ate randomly to fulfill my needs) but like you both said, the fat will happen some lol I just hate to see it. Plus I am planning a cut after this. My first two years natural I was actually 105, jumped to 135 and then from there it was a steady climb. I also did go above 160 during my last bulk but when I cut and came back down I didnt see any improvements. It's always been pretty hard for me to gain muscle

Are we talking kilos or pounds? 105? How tall are you. Post up a sample diet as well, that's always the first place to start when results are less than what you want

Are we talking kilos or pounds? 105? How tall are you. Post up a sample diet as well, that's always the first place to start when results are less than what you want
pounds, sorry. I am 5'7" and yep, I was practically just skin and bones during that time of my life.
a sample diet would be meal 1: 10 boiled eggs and 10 bacon strips. meal 2: broccoli and 1/2lb chicken meal 3: spinach and 1/2lb chicken meal 4: 1/4lb chicken if I can down it. snacks throughout the day will be some greens (like a small salad bowl with mexican cheese and some sort of protein source), cottage cheese, or maybe just regular baked beans. Lately instead of chicken its been lamb. I also take 3 protein drinks about 25grams each. Thats about it. I added in the 1/4 lb of meat/poultry at the end there for the extra source of calories and Ill be honest its been hard to do and thats what's making me feel fat but I realize by the time I wake up my "fat" is gone.

Also for everyone else, Im trying to be proactive here about gyno... When you all say itchy nipples are we talking ITCHY ITCHY? like ill instantly know and both nipples will be itchy and i will touch or are we just talking some sort of sensation down in the nipple area?? Because today my right pec has been feeling weird, its not on my nipple but around the area... it kind of feels like someone put some nice after shave on it and that cold feeling is there. Its been coming and going

With gyno, they are going to be sensitive and yes they will actually be itchy where you won't stop messing with them.

For your diet, are you in keto? That's hardly and food at all so I'd guess that's why you aren't gaining like you want. Add another two meals at least and add 30-40g of carbs (potatoes, oats, rice, quinoa, etc) to each and then give the progress some time.

With gyno, they are going to be sensitive and yes they will actually be itchy where you won't stop messing with them. For your diet, are you in keto? That's hardly and food at all so I'd guess that's why you aren't gaining like you want. Add another two meals at least and add 30-40g of carbs (potatoes, oats, rice, quinoa, etc) to each and then give the progress some time.
sorry I wrote that last night and I see i forgot to add that I eat rice along with my 4 main meals. Im not on keto anymore as I need the carbs.

Also for everyone else, Im trying to be proactive here about gyno... When you all say itchy nipples are we talking ITCHY ITCHY? like ill instantly know and both nipples will be itchy and i will touch or are we just talking some sort of sensation down in the nipple area?? Because today my right pec has been feeling weird, its not on my nipple but around the area... it kind of feels like someone put some nice after shave on it and that cold feeling is there. Its been coming and going

It's likely at the beginning of a cycle as hormonal levels are rising you could find yourself with an itch or strange feeling in the nipple area, this is quite common, in most cases it soon disappears never to return...
One important thing, do NOT play with them..!! This could induce lactation, and other assorted nasties..

It's likely at the beginning of a cycle as hormonal levels are rising you could find yourself with an itch or strange feeling in the nipple area, this is quite common, in most cases it soon disappears never to return... One important thing, do NOT play with them..!! This could induce lactation, and other assorted nasties..
That makes sense. Its been coming on and off the past few days. Today when I awoke it wasnt there and came back around evening time but it wasnt as strong as yesterdays. HOWEVER yesterday I was checking my nipple every now and then and looking if anything was wrong or felt off, I wasnt necessarily stimulating or playing with. I think I should be fine.

When I go on cycle, I often get quite the itch, though to be honest it could also be a result of the increase in GH and IGF-1 from the AAS. It always stops after a week or two for me personally.

sorry I wrote that last night and I see i forgot to add that I eat rice along with my 4 main meals. Im not on keto anymore as I need the carbs.

Good to see some carbs there! ;)

• Meal 1: 10 boiled eggs and 10 bacon strips + rice
  • Meal 2: broccoli and 1/2lb chicken + rice
  • Meal 3: spinach and 1/2lb chicken + rice
  • Meal 4: 1/4lb chicken if I can down it + rice
  • snacks throughout the day will be some greens (like a small salad bowl with mexican cheese and some sort of protein source), cottage cheese, or maybe just regular baked beans.

You have a huge protein/fat/calorie intake in meal 1 relative to all the others. Though it's very much personal preference, you may want to break that meal into two meals, taking the second perhaps before bed for the slowly digesting protein and fats.

Do you have any omega 3 oils in your diet? Maybe some oily cold-water fish?

^could always sub his eggs for the omega eggs as well If he's not a fish fan lol

Good to see some carbs there! ;)
  • Meal 1: 10 boiled eggs and 10 bacon strips + rice
  • Meal 2: broccoli and 1/2lb chicken + rice
  • Meal 3: spinach and 1/2lb chicken + rice
  • Meal 4: 1/4lb chicken if I can down it + rice
  • snacks throughout the day will be some greens (like a small salad bowl with mexican cheese and some sort of protein source), cottage cheese, or maybe just regular baked beans.
You have a huge protein/fat/calorie intake in meal 1 relative to all the others. Though it's very much personal preference, you may want to break that meal into two meals, taking the second perhaps before bed for the slowly digesting protein and fats. Do you have any omega 3 oils in your diet? Maybe some oily cold-water fish?
Well this was a just a sample diet. I often use different protein sources in my meals. Some days I will eat 1/2lb fish instead of chicken or 1/2lb lamb instead. Right now I have lots of lamb meat and that is what Im using. Also hahaha I eat bread with my eggs instead of rice, looked funny seeing that there. I'm a college student and my breakfast helps me get through next 5-6 hours of the day without getting hungry during classes. So it goes.

• 9:30am : meal 1
  • 3:00pm : meal 2
  • 7:30pm : meal 3
  • 1:00am: meal 4

Holy fuck dude lol how the hell do you go so long between meals. I go three hours and ready to fuck someone up with the hangry. If you're having a hard time gaining, definitely throw a couple more melas in there and just bring them to class. What I did for four years