Training Log First ever cycle log

something has to explain for why any large sample sees benefits from short esters earlier.

I don't get benefits earlier. There is no difference between these drugs once the ester is cleaved, so there's no scientific reason for a different outcome assuming equipotent blood concentrations. I'd like to see a study that investigates this, but doubt there ever will be one.

With short ester, you're going to see sustained higher peak plasma levels sooner.

That's the argument for frontloading basically. If you're doing 500mg a week of test cyp, you won't reach the full sustained peak plasma levels until probably 6-8 weeks in (don't have a graph in front of me) although they will be very close by week 4. If you frontload 1000mg, you will see the highest peak plasma levels sustained by week two or so.

Same with short ester. Sustained peak plasma levels will be reached in probably two weeks or so. Not to mention, the peaks will be higher with short ester because the majority of Xmg of hormone is being released over, say, 4 days instead of 7-10 days.

i.e. all of the ester from a propionate injection is being cleaved in a couple days instead of double or triple that time for longer esters.

My diet is basically just a pound of meat and any greens I can eat throughout the day, supplements and then a few light snacks low in carbs. I recently lost a lot of weight in fat so maybe muscle memory? I wasnt ever this strong before.

With short ester, you're going to see sustained higher peak plasma levels sooner.

That's the argument for frontloading basically

It's also the argument against frontloading, since you'll reach homeostasis quicker.

My diet is basically just a pound of meat and any greens I can eat throughout the day, supplements and then a few light snacks low in carbs. I recently lost a lot of weight in fat so maybe muscle memory? I wasnt ever this strong before.

Do you have a diet plan? Even a rough outline? If not I'd really recommend you get one mate.

It's also the argument against frontloading, since you'll reach homeostasis quicker.

Yes haha I will just agree to disagree on this one but is also why I like to personally switch up compounds every 6-8 weeks or so.

On that note, should definitely make sure you have a solid diet plan OP. 80% of progress comes from the kitchen!

To answer a previous post, esterified testosterone has been shown measurable in blood at 2 hours regardless of ester, peaking around 24 hours therefore initial experiences might not all be placebo..

We were always taught 4.5 half-lives to reach maximal plasma concentrations.. Propionate 0.8 days, enanthate 4.5 days, cypionate 6 days, X 4.5.. (dependant on several variables)..

Behre HM, Nieschlag E. 1998 Comparative pharmacokinetics of testosterone esters. In: Nieschlag E, Behre HM, eds. Testosterone: Action, Deficiency, Substitution, ed 2. Berlin: Springer-Verlag; 329–348.

Interesting results on here if you play about with dosing amount, time and esters..http://steroidcalc.com/

Sorry guys late update but day 4: second injection day again I did about 125mg, more or less. This time I didnt experience any symptoms but I felt PIP in a couple hours rather than a day like my first injection....not sure if that means I hit the right place or if I went too fast or whatever. Had an awesome day at the gym, still improving on everything. Day 5: Woke up really sore everywhere, I guess the effects of the intense workouts really hit. I slept for some extra time and went on a run and my body felt better. Rest day today. Im not sure if I should have a rest day but I also didnt have the time to go to the gym today because of errands I had to run and then getting stuck in traffic. Still feeling good.

Regarding the questions about my diet. I dont have a plan where I eat the same foods everyday but I follow a very strict diet and eat about the same amount everyday, however I want to say once every two weeks one day will be ruined by either overeating or undereating. ON ANOTHER NOTE, I'm starting to wonder if it will all be worth it. I dont see many guys who have done a 250mg/week cycle and what the results will be like but Im also not really worried...even if my gains are minimal then atleast I'll know and have that experience

I follow a very strict diet and eat about the same amount everyday

It's great that you have a strict diet and found something that works for you to lose weight. However it's difficult to over-emphasise just how important food and food intake is to bodybuilding success. Muscle tissue is very metabolically active. When you're trying to gain new lean tissue, you generally need to eat more quality calories and protein to 'convince' your body to start building it.

Over the duration of a cycle, you'll probably need to increase your food intake like this several times, as your body will eventually hit a new homeostasis (plateau) after each calorie increase. However, inappropriate food intake could also just as easily result in fat gain.

This is one reason it helps to have everything written down and organised, as it makes it easier to adjust and increase intake in a systematic and controlled manner from day-to-day and week-to-week, and also to develop an understanding of how your body reacts to different strategies of food/protein/fat/carb/fibre/calorie intake.

Once you start to figure this crucial diet variable out, you'll start to create the sustainable ability to build muscle tissue and to hold it post-cycle. Without this knowledge, you're possibly setting yourself up for long-term frustration, yo-yo muscle gain and loss, and ultimately a tendency to rely on escalating doses of drugs to achieve your goals.

So for now, I'd recommend you start measuring the quantities of food you eat at your meals and snacks throughout the day and writing them down. Calculate the number of grams of protein, carbs, fats and calories that are in those meals (there are lots of online calculators and reference guides).

You can then tally those numbers up and that will give you an idea of your macros - your daily intakes of protein/fats/carbs/calories. With that knowledge, you can then target how much you need to increase or alter those variables, and how to adjust the quantities/portions that you eat in your meals.

So after seeing your macros, say you decide that you want to eat 500 more calories and 50g of protein/day for the next 2 weeks. Now all you need to do is figure out what will give you that increase, and split it among your meals, or even add an additional meal to your day.

2 weeks later, you may decide on another 500 calories and 25g of protein. And so on. Without this form of organisation and structure to your dieting and knowledge of your body and how it responds, you'll find it more challenging to progress in the long-term, even on radically higher doses of steroids.

Sorry guys late update but day 4: second injection day again I did about 125mg, more or less. This time I didnt experience any symptoms but I felt PIP in a couple hours rather than a day like my first injection....not sure if that means I hit the right place or if I went too fast or whatever

It probably just means you're new to injecting :) Make sure you massage the area deeply after injecting.

Ya, just learn the tenants of flexible dieting aka IIFYM, which any halfway intelligent person can learn in an hour. And you just try and be as clean as possible with it. And start tabulating, like CFC suggested. I think you will find that you'll start memorizing numbers quickly (we remember things we have a passion for so much easier.) I am at the point now where I can rattle the macros off from memory for probably 100 different foods. That Kashi-brand cereal? One ninety, two, twelve, thirty. You just develop this Rain Man-like relationship with food. It's a good skill to have because if you want to get extremely shredded at some point, you really have to track everything.

There's a debate over how much protein you need. Gram per pound? 1.5? Then there is a debate between high/low carb and high/low fat. But calories total dominate how fat you are, and you can see how adding to one must come off of the others. And learn and the 4-4-9 rule is if you don't already, as it will make the math make sense.

hmm, I used to write down everything but like you guys have pointed out eventually you start memorizing the numbers. I guess I'll add in some more clean calories. Also day 6: Still feeling the effects of placebo/not placebo, I'm enjoying it. Honestly I started reading into more forums and stuff and I am really regretting not doing the test P~. I really like pinning, I know I've only done it twice this week but both times were really fun. I was also starting to regret not starting at a higher dose because I want to see huge gains BUT I realized what may be huge gains to the people I saw on other sites and on here might be extremely different from what I would consider huge gains so I hope this 250mg a week is exactly what Im looking for. Fun little story of the day, I felt my nipples get itchy and I got extremely scared and so I took off my shirt to check and just found it was my hairy chest poking my nip.

Ya. I mean one simple way to add calories is to just start drinking milk each day. I've done this at times when I just don't want to eat any more food. I'll buy an eight seeing bottle and just down it like water all day. Easy 600-800 calories. It's kind of an old school strength coach tactic, but it will work. I'm actually about to start this because I just cannot gain weight on this cycle no matter what I do. I eat pizza, wings, crackers, pasta... Wake up with deeper cuts and feeling small. This stuff jacked up my caloric equilibsmall

And man, the problem with the net and stories of huge gains is that people either lie or they have elite genetics. The freaks would still look freakish naturally, and people like us could take the same drugs and eat and train the exact same way as the freaks and just look pretty good.

Genetics rules everything. We all just do the best that we can. Like the best looking guys at my gym, well I used to think that they must eat flawless, train perfectly, have great connects, but the more I watch some of them and listen to them and such, they're just genetically gifted. One guy at my gym has a chest that looks like armor with the perfect cusp at the bottom, and he does five sets of fly and five sets of presses each week. That's it. And the guys at the bar every freaking night. He just won the genetic lottery. I could do everything perfect for ten years, be way stronger pound for pound, and never have a chest like that.

If you can gain 5-10lbs of muscle and 20-30lbs on big lifts over a cycle, that's very good.

As for liking injecting, I mean there's nothing saying you can't shoot test e everyday as long as you keep the weekly amount the same. A third of a cc each day or so.

day 7 update: Felt really sore for the whole day, went to go workout and wasnt feeling for some of the excercises but for others I felt it. I guess it was just an off day.

Day 8 update: Injection day number 3, I feel like I fucked up really bad and I need some pinning advice and anyones input on this. I went to inject my left quad today since I did my right last time (switching between the two) and I felt a sharp pain instantly which I didnt feel the other two times before. I pulled it out and instantly blood started coming out, real quick. I then switch my needle and switch to my right quad, I can kinda see where I pinned last time so I pin close to that spot, it feels kinda weird going in and so I stop midway through and the needle just swings up and is at a weird angle making my skin stretch out and I feel super weird so i pull it out, switch needles and try again at another close spot. Feels the same like the other times. I go in with the regular procedure HOWEVER when Im all done and I pull it out...I see blood. Now I aspirated and didnt see any blood... there was also no visible blood on the needle... this blood also wasnt like the blood I saw from my left quad. It just kinda blooped out a little after the second the needle came out. The last two times I injected, no blood came out and almost no PIP. So right now I feel pain in my left quad (not where I injected the test) Im not worried about it, however my right LEG feels weird, not pain....but WEIRD. Did I do something wrong? Is it just my head? Also anywhere easier to inject? I was all for quad up until now, that shit HURT on the left side.

I wouldn't be too concerned mate. I've done all sorts of shit in my quads over the years. Sometimes you just have bad luck and hit a load of blood vessels. That's the thing with quads - lots of vessels. Most find a few spots specific to themselves that are safe, and then stick there. I have about 7 sites on each quad that I can use and rotate through, but I figured those out by trial and error over the years. In general using a pretty narrow gague needle helps.

As for other sites, most people usually start with glutes, since there's usually fewer large blood vessels and nerves, thus its more foolproof, albeit sometimes awkward to reach. You could also give delts a shot, though again that may depend on how big/flexible you are and how steady you can hold the syringe + needle. All the other typical sites are shown on spotinjections, though bear in mind smaller muscles (and calves in particular) prefer smaller volumes.

^Like he said, lots of blood vessels and also lots of nerves. I've never had luck pinning quads and blood is just something that comes with pinning.

You can aspirate as it obviously won't hurt you but most school programs don't even teach it anymore so if it's hard or causes pain then I would ditch it. If you happen to get a little oil in a vein, you'll just cough your brains out for a few minutes but it's rare.

well what about the weird feeling Im getting in my leg? Also about the little blood coming out after I took my needle out (after injecting) should I be worried about oil coming out??? I usually let the needle sit there for a good 30 seconds but today I kinda rushed it... I think I might go for delt next if this kind of mishap happens again, not that big and pretty flexible. I like aspirating because it gives me sense of mind...I'm sure I could do it. Damn though, just when I thought my body was getting used to the pins and I could do EOD for my next cycle lol (yes Im planning on 2 since I have an extra vial)

I mean you stuck a needle in your leg so I wouldn't ever expect it to feel totally normal afterwards lol.

A little oil can come out and often does for me with scar tissue but I've never worried about it. I've also just pulled the needle out and never smelt it sit so who knows that could contribute. If you are just pin some extra.