Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Uk Liberty Cap / magic mushroom season 2017

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
UK Liberty Cap / magic mushroom season 2017

I'm just going to pre-empt the inevitable by saying: mushroom noobs - nobody at bluelight can do drug ID's, but you can get your mushrooms ID'd by the knowledgable people at the shroomery.org mushroom hunting and identification forum. Many of those guys are pros and with some decent photos/info they will easily assist you in picking the right mushrooms and not poisoning yourself.

Anyway, my prediction is that this is going to be a bumper year for liberty caps. The autumn weather has been a bit off for the past few years and I always got the impression nature didn't really know what was going on, but this year it appears that autumn has arrived on time and with a shitload of cold & wet weather. I think that once the temperatures drop there's going to be no hesitation and the mushrooms will be gladly sprouting straight out the ground.

So anybody got any decent finds yet? Photos would make this thread more interesting.

Last edited:
Vintage year in parts of the south last year but lost alot of good sites over the last 2 decades due to changes in the way land is used and managed.

Not found caps yet but shrooms are popping, found alot of Ceps this last week, won't be long...

Happy hunting ladies and gents

Where mine were picked in the middle of Sweden up in the Swedish mountains they had been growing there since the beginning of September but that's a totally different more intense climat like it was freezing your bollocks off weather on the top of the mountains two weeks ago and you have the 23 on 24hr sunlight in the summer etc...

You're a wee star tranced! Mad love for ya, thank you for this thread <3

FFS, travellers have only went and moved into the field I used. I usually think its mildly amusing watching everybody's outraged reactions when they move onto other fields in the area, but not this fucking field.

I can only hope they use them to get smashed and live the dream.

FFS, travellers have only went and moved into the field I used. I usually think its mildly amusing watching everybody's outraged reactions when they move onto other fields in the area, but not this fucking field.

I can only hope they use them to get smashed and live the dream.

Heh, why else do you think they chose that field mate?

A friend of mine discovered huuuuge amounts of Psilocybe cyanescens in his own garden. Id only searched for libs in the uk/ire until now. I tried a small 0.2g last night and it felt as potent as 1g of cubensis strains ive had in the past.

^It seems to me from shroomery that cyanescens are fairing far better than libs, my predictions in the original post were bogus. Totally rubbish season; I'd advise people hit their local woodchip beds instead. We found about six libs last week (it turns out two fresh can be more than sufficient for a very threshold dose/microdose), and then nineteen yesterday.

Hit the local golf course which is always good for a laugh, found some nice amanita specimens.

9UbNWlj.jpg

RDtQjB0.jpg

Night time temps have just started hitting <10 degrees in Newcastle as of this morning; they'll be 7-8 degrees tonight so they should start sprouting up this weekend I reckon. Possibly raining on Saturday.

Last edited:
Hello,

Would anyone have any idea on where to look around the northwest? MORE towards blackpool, lancaster, preston area, trying to find the libs but havnt come across them yet.

Thanks

Hello,

Would anyone have any idea on where to look around the northwest? MORE towards blackpool, lancaster, preston area, trying to find the libs but havnt come across them yet.

Thanks

We cannot help you source or locate drugs of any description, whether commercially available, black market or just growing in fields MrMysticMagician. Please read our user agreement here >>>>>>http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA) before making any further posts.

As long as you can abide by the above directions, a belated welcome to Bluelight!

Both replies are undoubtedly true.

My best advice, grab yer wellies and go enjoy some nature. Ya never know what you'll find.

The best thing about shrooming season is that it comes in the autumn. Think of it as natures treasure hunt ;)

Hello,

Thanks

It would be silly for numerous reasons for people to post you their fields where they collect psychedelic substances from the ground. If you want your own then simply hit pastoral agricultural land, which makes up about 90% of the British countryside, until you find some.

Read this:
https://www.shroomery.org/12510/Psilocybe-semilanceata

Then keep a copy of this on your phone:
https://u.cubeupload.com/97rozf.jpg

And hit those fields. The ones used for livestock grazing.

Y'know, I've never understood why people have difficulty identifying the ol' Liberty Caps. They are so distinctive that armed with even the most basic of field guides, you just can't go wrong.

IMO, a good rule of thumb is 'if in doubt, leave it out'.

Y'know, I've never understood why people have difficulty identifying the ol' Liberty Caps. They are so distinctive that armed with even the most basic of field guides, you just can't go wrong.

IMO, a good rule of thumb is 'if in doubt, leave it out'.

Yeah the last thing you want is to be off your box thinking about that one mushroom which was looking slightly suspicious.

People just need to keep hitting the fields round where they live, one after another. You find them eventually. And when people day it's all part of the fun, it really is. Had such a fucking crease on the golf course at the weekend. It was the absolute height of immaturity but my mate drew/wrote something on the leader board, and I had tears streaming down my face.

Yeah the last thing you want is to be off your box thinking about that one mushroom which was looking slightly suspicious.

People just need to keep hitting the fields round where they live, one after another. You find them eventually. And when people day it's all part of the fun, it really is. Had such a fucking crease on the golf course at the weekend. It was the absolute height of immaturity but my mate drew/wrote something on the leader board, and I had tears streaming down my face.

Yeh! I haven't taken mushrooms for about 15 years now, and although I miss them with a passion, the thing I miss most is the ritual of going out looking for them. Having that excuse to spend several hours in the early morning mist laden fields, calling out to the mushroom gods for guidance, then preparing your spoils for consumption, is fuckin priceless in my eyes.

Poor year compared to last but amen to your fine words mr. F

, the thing I miss most is the ritual of going out looking for them. Having that excuse to spend several hours in the early morning mist laden fields, calling out to the mushroom gods for guidance, then preparing your spoils for consumption, is fuckin priceless in my eyes.

Graced to get a small bagful, dried and squirreled, to be eaten when spring arrives.

Those are some lovely Amanitas. I go hunting for them every year and bag as much as possible.

Going to go check my patches for cyans, even if I can find a cap or two that'll be enough, since I can sterilize a few petri dishes, make up some plates and culture the spores on agar, same for tissue samples from the gills etc. and turn a couple of mushrooms into a crop.

P.cyanescens is a cold-loving species and fruits later generally than does P.semilanceata. Much stronger but they tend not to store as well in my experience, which is in keeping with their having quite a high psilocin to psilocybin ratio, psilocin of course being far less stable. But they are fucking potent as hell. 5g freshly dried, the other year really knocked me around some, I was practically wearing my nipples on backwards :p

They do need more care taking with the harvest though than libs, because Galerina autumnalis and other Galerina species can easily be mistaken for P.cyanescens and many, if not most of the Galerina genus are deadly poisonous, packed full of amatoxins, that if they don't kill you slowly and in a hideous, agonizing drawn out kind of way, can easily leave you on the liver and potentially also kidney transplant list, with modern intensive treatment the fatality rate can be reduced to something like a coin toss, but it can be up to 90% without treatment, or if its not started fast enough.

What you need to remember is that the Psilocybe species all have dark, violaceous-black spore prints, and Galerina, as well as other undesirables, at least the really nasty worst offenders amongst potential lookalikes have rusty brown spore prints, and one ought to spore print each and every mushroom, since both P.cyanescens and Galerina spp. are woodlovers and can grow in amongst each other. I've seen it myself, insidious, lethal little packages of poison growing just a woodchip or two away, and even rooted them out before solely by virtue of the difference in spore coloration, after 2-3 of the little bastards snuck in along with several pounds of cyans.

Potent little buggers though, I've ended up feeling pretty far spaced out, and both me and my fucking hell-whore gutter slut bitch from the abyss former housemate at a point before her outright attempt-murderous phase and my kicking her out of the house/face right up her arsehole, we'd picked quite a lot and they were still damp, and the little blighters were potent enough to get us both tripping, me to a ++, maybe ++ 1/4+ just from the psiloc(yb)in absorbed through our fingers whilst cleaning the shite and woodchips, leaf litter etc. off them. Was quite surprised by just how effective they were that time.

Last autumn, found these little guys too, hunting down around the edges of a certain body of water, what do I see but these fellas, busily parasitizing some wild ryegrasses (although of course ergot cannot just be used as it is, that does need the works done on it, with regards to the biotech and culturing, purification, would love to get these growing and see if a little lysergic acid couldn't be coaxed out of them there little purple-black buggers=D:
JT9zB0B

https://anonimag.es/image/JT9zB0B

^Your post perfectly illustrates why P. semilanceata (liberty caps) are the default choice for recreational mushroom hunters. There are no toxic species which closely resemble the Liberty Cap and live in the same habitat. In fact, Liberty Caps are rarely found in the same area as other mushrooms - it seems that the mycelium doesn't tolerate invaders...