Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Suboxone - First Time - First time Suboxone report- just took at 3:30 est

hxc

Greenlighter
I wanted to start low because I have heard how powerful this can be for someone without any tolerance like myself, so I cut my 8mg film into 8 small squares and let one of them dissolve under my tongue. I was concerned that I didn't hold it under for long enough or if it was in the right place, so I considered doing another square.. glad I didn't tbh this stuff is strong. Its so strong that I am having a bit of anxiety so I decided to write this post to help out with that! I know Ill be okay, in the grand scheme its a low dose, just for someone like me without any tolerance feels like a train. I think my advice for anyone considering trying suboxone is to take literally .5mg first if you have no tolerance like myself., you can always take more. Im really glad I didn't take my pal's advice and start with 2mg. I decided today was a good day because I had nothing going on and haven't take any valium since yesterday morning (I take a small dose of 5mg daily) but did not take today because I know not to mix them.

I occasionally take a 10mg norco which I enjoy, so was expecting something similar to that but its different. This feeling is a lot more pronounced, and seems speedy rather than sedating. Kind of feels like the morphine I had in the hospital. Read that most people don't feel warm but I think its giving me some.

More thirst, not nauseous right now but feel like I could be. Its been about an hour since I took it, from what ive read im not even peaking yet, but any insight into the peak would be appreciated. Ill update this post later on, I think this stuff lasts for awhile!

substancecode_suboxone
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_neutral

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been bout 7.5 hours since I took the 1mg suboxone. I did end up getting nauseous and throwing up a few times, but haven't done that for a few hours now. I was able to keep some soup down before writing this. After I posted I tried to browse the internet for a bit but it got too intense for me! I threw up several times and laid in bed, but had some intense nods and overall got a lot better the last 3 hours. This is a extremely powerful substance and I encourage anyone to respect it, I surly wasn't ready for how strong it is.

About 18 hours since I took it, now its morning after a good sleep. Still feel fading effects of it, overall aside from the nausea was a good experience. For awhile I was in like a lucid catatonic state laying on my bed. I nodded for hours in my bed after the initial anxiety and accepting that I probably took too much for the first time. It was really intense for me and for sure the most messed up I've been on an opioid. Needles scare me, so I think this will be the closest I'll get to H. I'm an edgy person already, so I think when it got real intense I tried to fight it and there was no sense in that, I had already taken the plunge.

I talked to a pal of mine who takes an 8mg strip twice a day and he got a good kick out of my story, saying 'now you see why its meant for people with tolerance'! I think it'll be awhile before I do it again, but seeing how potent this stuff is, its a good thing to have in the stash. I recommend clearing your schedule if you're going to try it.. I had initially thought about walking down to the beach and relaxing (what I do when I take a double dose of my valium) but there was no way in hell I was going to move that much, not to mention I would have just passed out there instead of the safety and comfort of my own place. Also a good idea to have someone experienced around, I was alone and think it contributed to my anxiety.

Any other experiences with suboxone? Was it as intense for you as it was me?

Hxh,

I began on 2mg subbies a few years ago and your right, they are strong - but richly rewarding and i think I took about 6-10mg over the next 24 hours or so,
I was lucky and able to get buprenorphine (at least 8-12mg a day for a couple of years from friends and associates that were prescribed them but willing to sell me them.
I took diazepam and buprenorphine together every day and never had any complaints.
My sources have run dry and I`ve had to make do without for the past few months now,
(I miss them like a man misses his wife)
0ver the past week or two, I`ve begun diluting a 50mg fentanyl patch into my boiling hot coffee through the day, and I must say - while different to buprenorphine, it gets me up and out of bed in a morning and puts a bit of fire (enthusiasm) into my belly.
I bought for the first time online recently, generic diazepam from India and they are crap
(why even bother)
The speed has been pathetic for about the last 6 weeks or so, and I`ve begun dabbling (at 43) with heroin over the past few weeks as well,
Just because I miss my buprenorphine so much,
Subbies are great though, snorting them is twice as strong as taking them the normal way, by the way !!!!!

=D:X8)%);)8(

Suboxone is a very strong substance indeed. I'm glad that you're alright and didn't decide to take a larger dose. I take an 8mg film everyday and with a large tolerance, I still feel noticeable effects.

| TheGoodFellow |

Hxh,

I began on 2mg subbies a few years ago and your right, they are strong - but richly rewarding and i think I took about 6-10mg over the next 24 hours or so,
I was lucky and able to get buprenorphine (at least 8-12mg a day for a couple of years from friends and associates that were prescribed them but willing to sell me them.
I took diazepam and buprenorphine together every day and never had any complaints.
My sources have run dry and I`ve had to make do without for the past few months now,
(I miss them like a man misses his wife)
0ver the past week or two, I`ve begun diluting a 50mg fentanyl patch into my boiling hot coffee through the day, and I must say - while different to buprenorphine, it gets me up and out of bed in a morning and puts a bit of fire (enthusiasm) into my belly.
I bought for the first time online recently, generic diazepam from India and they are crap
(why even bother)
The speed has been pathetic for about the last 6 weeks or so, and I`ve begun dabbling (at 43) with heroin over the past few weeks as well,
Just because I miss my buprenorphine so much,
Subbies are great though, snorting them is twice as strong as taking them the normal way, by the way !!!!!

=D:X8)%);)8(

I think with my low doses it would have been alright to combine the sub with the valium but I wanted to err on the side of caution. I was already quite messed up and wanted to feel the sub without the additional downer. I honestly can't imagine doing a higher dose.. I understand it is a maintenance drug and generally not preferred as a recreational opiate, but I can see the appeal.. much stronger than the norcos I'm used to. Couldn't imagine trying to function on it though! When I take a norco or sometimes two I can still generally go about my business if I need to. Although for you guys that are using it to say off H I know its a miracle that can give you your life back.. I have lost friends to that addiction and honestly think that if they went the suboxone route they would still be here today. It kind of was an eye opener for me on how powerful H must be, to require 8mg of sub to quell the withdrawal.

On a side note, would putting the strip in my nose work the same way as snorting a pill? Or is that just a pain and better to go the sublingual route?