View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

BK-2CB-thoughts?

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
Curious what the consensus here is on this compound? How similar is it to the original and how does it differ(...I see that it lasts longer).

For me it was pretty visual but with little headspace. Don't remember the exact dosage but it was probably 150+mg, did it like three times or so. 2C-B on the other hand is for me (apart from the shorter duration) more "buzzy". Maybe bk-2C-B gets more spacey at higher doses. If you like psychedelics you might want to give it a go, it may well be your new favourite. If you look for a 2C-B substitute you may want to look into 2C-C or 2C-D. Btw don't EVER snort that stuff, my nose burned severely for like 20 minutes.

It seems that bk-2C-B is extremely variable in effects between people and even doses, and this is likely because it dimerizes and turns into people goo quite quickly upon coming in contact with water. Some people seem to find it very strong, while others can't get much from it. I've tried it a few times and never got a lot, I felt like I was on the threshold of a rolly rip the whole time regardless of the dose I took (I took up to 220mg the last time after working up). It seems certainly less psychedelic for most than 2C-B, but for those who get good effects from it, they seem to report that it's pretty euphoric and feels good. It also lasts a LOT longer than 2C-B, like at least 12 hours if not more.

Yeah, when it dimerizes, it becomes corrosive, so snorting this (or plugging it) is a big no-no. I actually did try to plug some when I had it, stupidly... it was bad, it felt like my guts were burning for quite a long time and I was shitting out purple stuff.

If you want something similar to 2CB, but more available, then you should look for 2CC. I'm recommening anything here, just saying it's the closest in effects to 2CB, that you can get.

Thinking of it, 2CI is kind of close too.

Yeah 2C-C is quite close to 2C-B, I actually prefer it though because it's more mentally sharp, more active in thought.

I didn't have much luck with this one. i missed out of 2c-b but loved 2c-i so I couldn't wait to try this one. I felt mildly euphoric and more colorful but it felt like less than 10mg of 2c-i which is not saying much. I took cap of 150mg and never redosed.

I have done about a gram of this over the past year and I have found it quite pleasurable for the most part. A lot of people have had difficulty in getting much out of it due to the dimerization issue but I personally have had success with it and can reasonably predict the outcome. 80-100 mg with fresh orange juice & it tastes very nasty. It's quite entactogenic with a lot of scalp tingling for the first few hours, becoming more visual after 6 hours and lots of really good closed eye visuals with lovely colours and images on the comedown. The main problem with it is the long duration which can be 16-18 hours on a larger dose which feels very hard on the body. I really don't think you could do this too regularly and I wouldn't be surprised if it could be dangerous for someone who wasn't physically healthy. I have felt weird neck jaw jitters on this in the later stages and kind of got the feeling that it wasn't doing me much good at all.

Last edited:
I agree with GaryGlisten findings.
Acidic juice definitely helps with absorbtion.

Of all the 2Cs, I am well acquainted only with 2C-P. And although I have never tried a decent dose of 2C-B itself (it was a small amount mixed with MDMA), I'd say bk-2C-B gives you a general 2C feeling with cranked up adrenaline response and muted psychedelia, hence the scalp tingling, sharp stimulation and uncomfortable come down.
I liked it in a combo with 4-Aco-MET, adding some MAL was good too.

My dosage is usually 60-100mg. I like the empathogenic side of it on lower amounts, like 60mg, adding some (15-25mg) of 4-Aco-MET to that will bring out the psychedelia and the trip will be quite euphoric. But (I guess due to too much adrenaline expression) it always feels somewhat messy, no matter the dosage, typical phenethylamine headache might follow as well.

On the upside, it gives me a strong storm of emotional response to music and beautiful looking visuals (when in combos) - changes of color, patterning, neon splashes, tracers, some CEVs too. Also, at the 8th hour or so food becomes tasting marvelous, so its another bonus. I usually end my bk-2C-B trip with some beers and large amounts of cannabis. ;)

2ci was great-im glad I got to try it when it was still not scheduled.

I don't have 4 aco met but I'm sure the 4 ho met will work the same in those ranges with the bk-2cb. Also-never would have known about citric acid to help absorption. Great advice all around

It's not so much that it helps with absorption, rather that it stops the dimerisation, i.e when bk-2cb comes into contact with water the molecules kind of become unzipped and it becomes inactive and goes purple. The citric acid stops this reaction from happening.

bk-2cb ,is heavy for the heart. If you do it often you will feel it. especially if you work the next day.

How are the cognitive effects? Creativity, analytical, music, spiritual, etc in relationship to other members of the 2c family..or to phenethylamines in general.

How are the cognitive effects? Creativity, analytical, music, spiritual, etc in relationship to other members of the 2c family..or to phenethylamines in general.

All effects are given at the 100-120mg dosage, I would not go higher.

Most notable cognitive effects: Empathy, sociability, fearlessness, mild but steady confusion, a sense of unresolved energy, emotion enhancement, impulsivity, time slowing, music appreciation.

Mood gets improved towards wonder, novelty, immersion.

Creativity with this one is not so good for me compared to other phenethylamines, as I constantly feel confused to put some music or drawing together, also I feel constant urge to change the activity and move on with everything, restless mind.

Analytical patterns emerge but they're not as strong as with other substances. It's more of a Wow! effect...

Music is great on bk-2C-B! Creates complex emotional patterns, visual response and straight up euphoria. Its very good for music listening - whatever you'd like on stuff like MDMA would go good, mild psychedelic music was also very good but nothing too deep and dark with this one. I'm not a big fan of rap music, but I was really into the old school stuff while traveling in a car on bk-2C-B, I remember :D

Spiritually this chem does not provide you with anything, unless there is a natural surge happening in you at the time.

So yeah, emotional aspect is the most worthwhile effect of bk-2C-B IME. It's a party stuff for sure but be careful as it shows sharp adrenaline action - loads your heart and blood vessels, I do not recommend to combine it with stimulants.

I had a friend who tried BK-2CB for his first psychedelic. He experienced very extreme depersonalization for several months - he thought that his life ever since, had all just been "part of the trip" and he would wake up in his grandmother's house on his bed some day, having realized that it was all a hallucination. I'd stay away from this chem, just for the fact that it seems unpredictable. Beta ketone groups are also one of the main parts of bath salts IIRC.

It just means it's a cathinone, nothing wrong with cathinones specifically. But yeah, very unpredictable chemical.