• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How dumb was SWIM actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingandeverythi

Greenlighter
How dumb was I actually?

Yesterday I was confronted with some pretty harsh realities, instead of choosing the mature path I took
60 mg Codeine
6mg Clonozepam
10-15mg Valium
and washed it down with a glass or two of Whiskey.

Should I have been worried?

Last edited:
We dont SWIM here. Combining benzos, alcohol and opioids is never a good idea and recommend against it but you survived so theres that.

Updated, thanks for the etiquette check. I know that I shouldn't have mixed them, I just didnt know how close I got to disaster.

It was a low dose of opiates, nothing super powerful with 60mg of codeine.

The Valium dosage looks high, but it’s pretty low, relatively.

The clonazepam was your biggest danger. You took a lot of that, and combining that with anything else is what can lead to respitory failure. Or blackouts and doing something stupid that you regret the next day.

But like kittycat said, you survived, and hopefully learned a lesson.

You have failed to mention your tolerance to these types of drugs. You didn't mention if you were "high".
To a new or even somewhat tolarant person, that is an easy OD depending on rate of ingestion.

You have failed to mention your tolerance to these types of drugs. You didn't mention if you were "high".
To a new or even somewhat tolarant person, that is an easy OD depending on rate of ingestion.
Yeah, clearly you must have a tolerance to benzos dude... 6 mgs of klonopin is big boy dose alone without the Valium, let alone along with the whiskey ? seems like u got a gaba based addiction either starting or been going. Be careful chasing that benzo buzz. I know exactly how it feels, I'd wake up taking a Xanax bar with a blunt and a shot just to feel normal and eat breakfast start my day, that's fucked up. It's accelerated to 2.5-3 bars just to get that benzo/weed feeling I was chasing (the h just got me well)
Just be careful with benzos (and opiates obviously )

Yeah, clearly you must have a tolerance to benzos dude... 6 mgs of klonopin is big boy dose alone without the Valium, let alone along with the whiskey ? seems like u got a gaba based addiction either starting or been going. Be careful chasing that benzo buzz. I know exactly how it feels, I'd wake up taking a Xanax bar with a blunt and a shot just to feel normal and eat breakfast start my day, that's fucked up. It's accelerated to 2.5-3 bars just to get that benzo/weed feeling I was chasing (the h just got me well)
Just be careful with benzos (and opiates obviously )

So I actually take benzos on a pretty rare basis. I have anxiety but only take 1mg like before I fly. The pharmacy I last went to accidentally gave me 2mgs vs 1mg (thanks fiji) I prefer opiates, but only take them once every few months, I do however have an extremely high tolerance for them when I do take them.

I took more than I ever had in a moment of extreme self anger. According to my girlfriend she had to hide the pills because I wanted to take more. I blacked out, so I don't remember much but when I woke up a few hours later I felt fine, although pretty sheepish for handling myself so poorly.

Remember this. If you keep taking high
(above theriputic) dosing, you will develop a tolerance pretty quick.

Depends, do you care about waking up the next morning?
That sounds like a great death combo.

Mixing opiates with benzos is never a good idea (lol i still do it when i can tho lol) but 60mg of codeine isnt very much. It also depends on how high your tolerance is to all of those dif drugs. But yes,that wasnt a smart move... altho i did 40mg of valuims and a half gram of fire heroin yesterday and i have no benzo tolerance so i cant really talk lol.

Even with NO tolerance I doubt you'd be likely to die from that. Perhaps with NO tolerance and someone who barely weighs 100lb maybe.

But 15mg Valium, 60mg codeine, it's not very much even without a tolerance. Even with the alcohol, it's certainly not smart especially if you're inexperienced with how you'd be likely to react to doing that. But I'd be surprised to see someone die from it.

Combining CNS depressants like benzos, ethanol and opioids is always dangerous
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.