• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anti seizure drugs?

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
What anti seizure drugs out there don't blok the effects of drugs cos i know lamictal is an anti seizure drug and it blocks the effects of drugs.

This question is vague. Tell us what drugs you are consuming would be a good start.

I dont know enough of that specific drug to say if there is a pharmacokinetic reaction (like inhibiting or inducing enzymes involved in its metabolism) but can say this. A-php is a stimulant. Stims can increase your risks for the two things many antiepileptics treat, namely seizures and mental disease. Also, since many seizure drugs can cause sedation and the like, you may have less of a good stim trip. These would be examples of pharmacodynamic interactions that could be deadly.

What seizure drug are you taking? Lamictal isnt known for inhibiting or inducing enzymes ala Valproic Acid or phenobarb.

The biggest worry isnt Lamictal blocking A-php but A-php causing a seizure or mania. Im not here to tell you what to do, but the least of your worries is lamotrigine blocking A-php is my point.

The biggest worry isnt Lamictal blocking A-php but A-php causing a seizure or mania. Im not here to tell you what to do, but the least of your worries is lamotrigine blocking A-php is my point.
^^^this..

Yes but I wasd wondering if thdres any anti seizure drugs that dont block drugs