• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recommended dose for first time morphine?

andio

Greenlighter
I've recently come to acquire a 60 mg pill of extended release morphine sulfate, and would really appreciate some assistance in regards to the dosing. I have little to no opiate tolerance (have done codeine three times), and weigh 104 lbs (47 kg), 5'2" (158 cm) tall. 100 mg of codeine, the first time I did it, got me quite high, and offered an immensely euphoric and relaxing experience. I could move around, just slowly and possibly a little strangely.

I am looking to know how much I should take both for an intense "nodding" effect, and also if I want to only achieve a moderate buzz which won't make being active and at least somewhat sober appearing too problematic. I intend to use the drug for both purposes.

I heard somewhere that cutting up the pill in two, crushing one half then setting the powder out into five lines before snorting one of them would do it, however I'd like a little more insight before going with such a method. (Also, if pills are crushed up, how long and in what way can the resulting powder be stored for?)

I apologise for the likely confusing array of questions, but I really am rather lost. Much thanks to anyone who helps out.

Last edited:
You’re not gonna get anywhere close to a nod on 60mg of MSContin.

Look, this forum discourages “how do I get high” posts. But I can tell us that unless you feel like squirting water up your ass, your best bet is to swallow to whole thing and hope you feel something. Even plugging it probably won’t do much.

Every time I’ve taken MSContin and been completely underwhelmed. I honestly don’t even know why I keep taking it. Probably because it’s an opiate and I get it for free.

Don’t expect much.

If 100mg of codeine gets you high, it's equivalent in morphine is 10mg iirc. However morphine has a shit bioavailability so I wouldn't feel safe advising you a dose to take.

I used to LOVE the 100mg ms contins, but not until I had become an IV user. Come to think of it, morphine itself was the entire reason I had become an IV user, bcuz of its low BA.

With your tolerance tho, snorting them is very viable, once you find out a good starting dose.

Last edited:
I find snorting morphine a complete waste and I love sniffing pills.

I find snorting morphine a complete waste and I love sniffing pills.
Yeah, it does suck, but with his tolerance that low it may be worth it. Unless (OP) you are willing to crush the pills in water and draw it up into a needle-less oral syringe and inject in your butt (called 'plugging'). It would be very worth it to get more out of what you have by doing so. It is 2nd best only to IV (which I would never recommend to anyone)