• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coffee withdrawal

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
So lately I've been indulging in an enormous amount of coffee at work just to get through the day.

When i gdt home i drink more to stay awake.

Will i get coffee withdrawal whdn i stop?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the site i didn't know wherd to put it.

I get headaches when I go too long without caffeine. I’ve never actually quit, so haven’t gone through a full kick. But I’m sure there are other WD symptoms, like lethargy, irritability, etc...

It is an addictive drug, after all.

Honestly google will likely be your best source of info for this question.

Well, first, it's caffeine that causes dependence, not the coffee.
Second, I seriously question if caffeine actually IS addictive. I don't think it is. It creates dependence, but so do lots of things that aren't addictive. Caffeine doesn't induce in virtually anyone the usual textbook behavior you find with addiction.

Now that I'm done being pedantic, it depends on how long you've been consuming caffeine and how much in average you'd use in a day. Oddly enough, despite being a big fan of caffeine and going through long stretches of significant use followed by totally stopping for long stretches (i go through phases) I've never noticed withdrawal symptoms from it in the many cases I should have. But as the above poster said, lethargy, headaches maybe, being irritable, that's all possible. Probably pretty mild, and especially if you've ever suffered from a serious withdrawal. Or who knows, maybe you'll be like me and notice nothing at all.

I get headackes and bad mood whenever I try to spent a day without coffee. Especially after I stoped doing drugs and greatly limited my drinking, the amounts of coffee I drink greatly increased. But Im pretty sure if you stop drinking coffee this "wd" won't last more than 2 or three days so no big deal.

I make an almost every day stop to DD for an iced latte. I got to a point where I was going once a day for about 3 months, then it started to twice a day. I think you can get withdrawl, you could always go to drink less each day until you feel like you can get through your day. That's what i'm currently trying lol

Yeah, caffeine withdrawal is shitty. I never got them for a long time that I ever noticed, until I consumed a large amount daily(between 600 and 960 milligrams a day) for quite a while. Consists of headache, lethargy, sometimes irritability. Obviously it's nothing compared to a hard drug kick, but still shitty, especially when you have things you need to get done.

I did a taper where I halved my daily dose, stayed at that for a few days, and repeat. That was still kinda fast though, as I didn't have much energy, but not near as bad as cold turkey, and that kept the headaches away. As has been mentioned, some people seem to be lucky and not get them, but then again I thought I was one of those people until I used consistently all day, every day for months and then tried to quit cold turkey.

Just taper off whenever you dont wanna take caffiene anymore to minimize withdrawls