• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dope sick increased while taking Adderall

Bulletproofsmile

Greenlighter
I was wondering if anyone has ever felt an increase in the symptoms of opiate withdrawal, while taking Adderall? I've been taking Adderall for about 4 years. Occasionally abusing it. After about a 2-year daily methadone addiction, along with the Adderall, I started taking my Adderall as prescribed, for most likely the first time in years. I stopped taking opiates 2 weeks prior to resuming my Adderall prescription as prescribed. However, immediately upon resuming my Adderall prescription. I noticed that the withdrawal symptoms that had disappeared, had returned in full force. The opiate withdrawal symptoms had all but disappeared prior to taking the Adderall. I've noticed that my opiate withdrawal symptoms have increased. And seem to be lasting for a lot longer than expected. I keep sneezing uncontrollably, several times throughout the day. And occasionally get restless leg syndrome and Restless arms. I also get the chills frequently throughout the day. And night sweats occasionally as well. I'm not experiencing any nausea or diarrhea. It's just these annoying symptoms that won't go away. If anybody has any similar experiences or more information on this, I'd really appreciate to hear about it.

adderall always helped dampen my symptoms from kratom withdrawal, but i know its different with true opioids/opiates. I am not sure why youre experiencing these symptoms, but my guess would be that it all ties in with anxiety. Most people experience great levels of anxiety when withdrawing, but adderall may have increased your anxiety which can amplify your symptoms that you thought were gone. Anxiety tends to make everything worse, so my advice would be to tweak your adderall dosage. It may be too high, or it may even be too low. If it persists through the weekend, i would make an appointment with your doctor and tell him what youre experiencing.

Thanks for the info. I am going to have to talk to my doctor about this. I am taking 1, 30 mg pill once in the morning and once in the early afternoon. If I take the second one too late in the day I sleep terribly.
It's funny right before I posted this. I just had another sneezing attack. I sneezed about 9 times in a row. It's almost uncontrollable. These withdrawal symptoms are starting to worry me because they're lasting so long.

adderall always helped dampen my symptoms from kratom withdrawal, but i know its different with true opioids/opiates. I am not sure why youre experiencing these symptoms, but my guess would be that it all ties in with anxiety. Most people experience great levels of anxiety when withdrawing, but adderall may have increased your anxiety which can amplify your symptoms that you thought were gone. Anxiety tends to make everything worse, so my advice would be to tweak your adderall dosage. It may be too high, or it may even be too low. If it persists through the weekend, i would make an appointment with your doctor and tell him what youre experiencing.

I've never done adderall, but I have done meth during the early stage of heroin withdrawal, and I felt like it helped with the symptoms, not made them worse.

Opiate WD heightens your 'fight or flight' instincts as it is - i can't imagine taking stims on top of that; on paper it sounds like torture, to me - but i have heard people say that stims help sometimes (as above).

Can't imagine wanting to experient with that though.

Stims, in not extreme doses, can help the early stages of opiate WD for 4-6 hours, but in late stage WD or during the comedown(or if you keep redosing) it will amplify the WD. This is normal and widely experienced.

I agree. In the beginning I was using the Adderall to help me through the withdrawals. But that was in abuse form. Now that I'm taking them as prescribed I'm still strangely feeling methadone withdrawal. I guess it must be me?