• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin and Antifreeze

mooman333

Greenlighter
Hello all, new member here, looking for some answers.
I recently had a friend almost die last week, apparently an hour away from death according to hospital. I did not know he had previously been addicted to heroin and obviously back into old habits. I was aware of previous cocaine use and just thought eh, it's a party drug, and thought we were past that. The heroin really caught me off guard.
Anyways, cops were called as he was passed out at a McDonalds in a city 3 hours away. He was taken to the hospital and the tox screen showed cocaine, heroin, and antifreeze. The antifreeze is what was really hurting him. He also almost died from alcohol 4 weeks earlier, was in hospital for over a month due to pancreatitis and his liver failing, 28 years old. Apparently he stopped drinking and then started with the drug use again.

So my question is, how would he have antifreeze in his system? I can't find any correlation on google between heroin and antifreeze. He doesn't know how it happened either. Could this have been a drug fueled suicide attempt or could this have been from bad drugs cut with something? Could it have just been a drug fueled mistake where he got a hold of some and didn't know what he was doing? I am not a drug user of this caliber so i don't not know the effects of these drugs or what state of mine a user is in under the influence.

Looking forward to some feedback, thanks in advance!

I can't imagine anyone cutting drugs with antifreeze, I've never heard of it happening and it wouldn't make any sense. I would talk to your friend about this.

From watching crime shows, I've heard of people being poisoned with antifreeze because its sweet taste. Children and pets have died from this as well because it wasn't stored properly. I personally haven't heard of antifreeze being used to cut heroin but who knows. Your friend could have been suicidal but perhaps embarrassed to tell you about it. Or like you said, he may have been under the influence and doesn't remember doing this. It's good that he has a concerned friend like you. If he is going back to using, maybe you can speak to him about getting some help. :)

From watching crime shows, I've heard of people being poisoned with antifreeze because its sweet taste. Children and pets have died from this as well because it wasn't stored properly. I personally haven't heard of antifreeze being used to cut heroin but who knows. Your friend could have been suicidal but perhaps embarrassed to tell you about it. Or like you said, he may have been under the influence and doesn't remember doing this. It's good that he has a concerned friend like you. If he is going back to using, maybe you can speak to him about getting some help. :)

Thanks, we are attempted to get him to rehab, he is going along with it so far. No one knew he was using, he lies and hides it. That is a good point about maybe just to embarrassed to admit it.

I tend to side with the accident theory. It makes no sense that anyone would cut anything with antifreeze unless they were intentionally trying to murder the person.

And dead customers don't make for good repeat business.

I tend to side with the accident theory. It makes no sense that anyone would cut anything with antifreeze unless they were intentionally trying to murder the person.

And dead customers don't make for good repeat business.
^^this