• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Issues that come with using Amphs, Specifically Sleep Deprivation -Opinions?-

Guccifiend

Greenlighter
Hello, this is my first post so i apologise for not being familiar with the site and dumping this in the homeless thread! Looking to spend a decent amount of time on this website, couldnt agree more with the cause!

So a little background;

The type of work i do is a 4-on-4-off shift pattern, 6pm-6am (4 nights worked in a row, then 4 days off, etc). Im also in a long term, active relationship which sort of requires me to active to a certain point most days which as you can imagine there is only one thing you want to do after a 12 hour night shift! So for approximately 6 months ive been using Amphetamines (Off-white powder/Speed/Horrific Taste) very often during my shifts. I usually consumer 3-4 grams for each 4 days worked, and rarely during my days off. My concern is the long periods of time i often go without sleep. Ive read a lot of articles/forums and whatnot on the symptoms of sleep deprivation and when your starting to push your luck with the heavier symptoms. Now, i dont like to sleep at all during my 4 nights at work, and on average i maybe go without sleep for around 72 hours at a time every shift (every 8 days) and i dont suffer from many symptoms of sleep deprivation at all; infact the only notable symptom i experience is around the 60+ hour mark which is the moving shapes/objects in my peripheral vision but seeing though i know its in my head, it dosent really bother me.

Now im not looking for lifestyle advice, i know the use of amphs isnt ideal for anybody. I have my reasons, and id rather not get into the whys and whens on here if im honest. I am beginning to wonder at what point should i look at making a change? Ive been using amphs for around 6 months now regularly to fuel these long periods without sleep and i dont see any negative side effects whatsoever. My supply is solid, quality is guaranteed and i rarely experience a comedown that leaves me bedbound or useless. So so far this is all pros, and no cons. The only concern is the regular 72+ hour periods with no sleep and how unaffected i seem to be by them. So i guess im looking for the good people of Bluelights opinions on this!

thanks for taking the time to read this thread,
Gucci
England

Hello and welcome to Bluelight. Not sleeping for three days would really take a toll on me but I guess every person is different. My friend worked at a factory where every two weeks they would change shifts and it was difficult for him even with modafinil. My question to you is do you think you need to make a change?

The older u get, the more difficult it becomes to sustain the sleep deprived lifestyle.. i cant do it like i did 15 years ago..

Well that's sort of my issue. I feel personally, that it hasnt taken any toll on me whatsoever. Not physically, not mentally. 6 months in my mind is an awfully long time to abuse a heavy stimulant such as speed and if I've got this far without notable consequence where should I draw the line?

Last edited:
Once again, I think you have the answer to your own question.

I saw your thread in OD but couldn't help but positive again in this one.

It's time for a break, man. You're pretty much saying it yourself without so many words.