• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A few questions about Amphetamine use, more specifically the sleep deprivation :)

P

phetsrfun

First off, i would like to make it clear im not asking for lifestyle advice, i have my own reasoning that id rather not get into. So i respectfully ask that lifestyle advice is not offered :)

So a bit of background, i work a 6pm-6am supervisory job on a 4-on-4-off shift set up (I work 4 nights in a row, then i have 4 days off). Im in a happy, active relationship which sort of requires me to be active during most days to a certain point and unfortunately its not that fun forcing yourself to stay awake after a gruelling 12 hour shift!

So for approximately 6 months ive been using amphetamines on 75% of my work days. Im not 100% sure if its technically methamph or amph (Power form, off-white colour, occasionally pink tinted, referred to as speed here in the UK).

I would estimate i consume between 3-4 grams on each working shift and i regularly go without sleep for 72 hour periods. Now ive read several forums on the symptoms of sleep deprivation etc but i rarely see many of them as 72 hour periods with no sleep dosent seem to affect me much at all, the only serious symptoms i experience towards the end of these no-sleep periods would probably be hallucinations in my peripheral vision (Strange little moving figures/shapes out the corner of my eye) but i know to expect them, hence it dosent phase me. I would like to know the health risks involved in doing these for a prolonged period of time. So for around 6 months ive been doing this, and so far i havent noticed any difference in myself, nor has my other half/family ever mentioned anything about my state of mind/mental health etc. I can be around close family after 72+ hours with no sleep and they wouldnt know any better!

So yeah, long story short; What does regularly going without sleep for 72+ hours do to me in the long term?

Thanks for your time,
GucciFiend :)

Holy shit, 3 to 4 grams? I take it in the UK speed must be heavily cut, because in the US speed is pure methamphetamine normally, and 3 to 4 grams would be a fatal overdose for many of us here. 8(

I hope you were careful and didn't just eat that much your first time without carefully titrating up the dose.

I absolutely love going without sleep for long periods of time. Astrocytes will work overtime, which allegedly is not good chronically; but a rise in astrocytes in the brain short-term can be a good thing.

I used to go 6-7 days without sleep. 3 is much more reasonable, and I think you'll be fine.

This isn't UK cooked, this specific supply comes from the outskirts of krakow, Poland! And I'm afraid I've never tested the strength as such. I've just never had a different source come close to the potentcy of this. The factory I supervise in mainly employs Eastern European workers which was how I came into contact with said chemical. And this isn't Methamphetamine pal, just Amphetamine.

I think it really depends on the person. For me, I HATE going without sleep for even short periods of time 48 hours and have never functioned well whilst going thru sleep deprivation. Even when I was younger, long before drugs.

Funny that my DOC is amp. Anyway, I have met many a tweaker that would regularly go way beyond 72hours of sleep deprivation and they be fine after laying off the shit and getting enough rest.

I think you'll be fine but simply by asking the question in the first place shows you have concern and probably know the answer to your own question.

It either will catch up with you or it won't, I would venture a guess that it will but that's also a ton of amp.

Just take care of yourself and you'll be a lot better off.

Appreciate the kind words and advice Ozekat. It's been in the back of my mind for about a month now, I'm almost tempted to go and get a full health screening and declare that I'm a PhetHead and see if a trained medical staff can connect any dots. But as I stated, I feel 100% physically and mentally! Maybe the NHS can prove me wrong :)

You've been on speed for 6 months, no prior amphetamine use other than what you've outlined?

Taking care of your health is NEVER a waste of time and the returns you get on it are worth all the hassle it takes in the first place. I need to take my own advice on that one.

Amphetamines eventually turn into something else after abused for so long ....it's not quite the same after awhile.

It is very, very good to take breaks from speed. Like, long breaks like 1 month or more.

I used to hit the white pretty hard but not for long. Maybe a month or so of heavy cocaine use.. but no amphets before hand. I was introduced to speed by a work colleague who was having the same issue of having to work all night, and run errands etc the following days. But since I've been embracing these long sleepless periods I only ever smoke a little herb occasionally! My nose is too pretty to bombard 7 days a week!

For some people, going without sleep isn't a big deal. You appear to be one of them. If anything, I'd consider the purity of what you have. 4 g of speed is a lot. I'm sure you like how you feel, but the potency is the main thing. If it isn't heavily cut, that is a high dose.

I would invest in a test kit and find out what your dealing with. Maybe your UK friends could test some for you. They might give you a rougher idea.

Seep well when you can. I'm glad this is working out for you now, but just know it doesn't last. Stay healthy with good food, vitamins, minerals and supplements for your nurotransmitters.

I'm glad this is working for you now. Occasional breaks may be a good idea.

Last edited:
Your absolutely right, I have been thinking about getting a sample tested but when I first started dabbling with speed a gram could last me 2-3 days easily! I've read in a couple of places that tolerance to amphetamine can build rapidly. At first I was buying in excess to chase that first buzz but now I'm content with what I've got. Generally speaking, speed in the UK is dreadful. I've taken from maybe 7-8 different sources and not one has come close to my regular. Eastern Europe is famous for its home-style cooked phet!

Consider the dose you are on and go from there. Too much amphetamine can cause strokes, heart issues also. I mention that so you understand that is one of the risks involved with this type of drug. I agree with getting your health cleared by a doctor. that is always something good to do. To whom this may concern, a heart check up is not a bad idea if you can get one.

I would suspect this use will catch up to you eventually OP- at least mentally, if nothing else.

Those mild hallucinations you speak of near the end of your runs, will, in all likelihood, get progressively more intense, more frequent, and more easily experienced/obtained. Just something to keep in mind. I've heard it referred to as the "kindling effect".

-PA

PerpetualAnhedonic I agree with you also! If I carried on with the same intake until I was 40+ years old, I'm sure id be a ruin! But 6 months of abuse so far has most likely done any serious damage. Would I be asking too much from the world for another 6 months into the future with the same minimal effects?

UK, pink, definitely an amp and not meth.

Sleep deprivation is heavily linked to diabetes, high blood pressure, dementia, depression, weight gain, cardiovascular disease that will occur later in life. Sleep is important. You can also easily see the issues the issues when it comes to skin health, especially when using with a vasoconstricting substance.

Short term, your memory will be poor, cognitive skills and speed-based reactions will suffer. You may not notice this from your own perspective.

Considering your high intake, have you thought about dry acetone washing your pink powder?