View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Suggestibility and perspective taking

Espiritus

Bluelighter
I've noticed something so interesting about acid and mush. One time on acid, I believed I was this other woman that I knew. It really felt like I was her. I was sure that's what it felt like to be her. I don't know what triggered it. It just came on and lasted about 10 minutes and passed. Then another time, I suddenly became convinced I was another woman, 7 years older than I actually was at the time and a different race. It really felt like I was that other person. I looked at my legs and touched them and they didn't feel like my legs even though they looked like them. Then another time I randomly became a 45-year-old drug addicted woman that lives on the streets. I don't know where I got these identities from during my trips.

On mush, I listened to music and kept feeling the mood/tone of the music so deeply, like I was becoming the embodiment of it. I became whatever song that was playing. Then another time, my partner that was tripping with me said she felt sick. Then I started feeling sick out of nowhere and every time I directed my attention elsewhere, the sick feeling passed. It came back every time I thought of it. I noticed I was suggesting to myself that I felt or should feel sick and so I actually did. Soon enough I was gagging on demand; the more convinced I made myself I was feeling sick. Then I'd stop if I suggested to myself I wasn't. It was so easy to play back and forth like that. My suggestibility was insane.

This is fascinating. Anyone know why this happens? Like what's happening in my brain that's making me so permeable to my own thoughts and imagination?

Both scientific and spiritual explanations are welcome. I'm open-minded.

On LSD I once had the impression that I was someone lost alone on a very high mountain in a snow storm, with no chance to escape and the certain feeling: This was it, I'm about to die alone. It was a feeling of the greates loneliness and isolation someone can experience. After a while it switched to someone in the Arctic, knowing that I'm the only person in the center of hundrets of miles of ice and all I can do is waiting for my lonely death.

I wasn't really scared (and not cold either), just very, very awestruck - and even after the trip I never forgot this feeling.