• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy dosage??

jesky88

Greenlighter
Hey guys im new to thread ive tried ir 30mg oxys twice with good effects but no nodding ect just a drunk feeling first time i did 15 waited an hour then did the other 15mg..
2nd time snorted 15mg and ate the other 15mg, would i be okay to say do 40mg in the future?

40mg of oxy is a fairly hefty dose for only your 3rd time using it. It won’t put you in danger, but might make you sick. Stick with 30mg for a while.

I have quite an opiate tolerance, and I still heartily enjoy a 30mg dose of oxy IR at a time.

Oxy isn’t really known or used for chasing a nod. It’s subtle and it’s amazing.

And it’s easy to over-do it, looking for results that aren’t going to be much better than what you’re already experiencing, if that makes sense.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. Since you're fairly new to oxycodone, I would suggest next time take orally, don't snort and see how you feel. Then you can go from there maybe increase 5 mg but be careful. When I had no tolerance, I didn't think half a thirty was enough because I wasn't feeling much. So after I took the second half, I got really sick and wished I hadn't done that.

I agree that oxy, of all the opioids, is the most stimulating and thus less likely to make you nod as well as the effects being more a subtle well being than a real stoned feeling. Stick with the 30mg (if not less tbh) until you find that sweet spot and are ready to jump up.

Hey guys im new to thread ive tried ir 30mg oxys twice with good effects but no nodding ect just a drunk feeling first time i did 15 waited an hour then did the other 15mg..
2nd time snorted 15mg and ate the other 15mg, would i be okay to say do 40mg in the future?

Is it Rx'd to you? If not and you trust your source 30mgs should def kick you in the pants a bit especially if you're drug Naive. Are you taking any other drugs/meds with it. Some can be antagonistical or alter/prevent metabolism.
Let us know

Thanks for all your replies I take benzos here and there also done cwe on the codeine( 200mg give or take some) a few times with minor effects but i thought thats just the nature of codeine being a weak opiate

Btw they are the blue 30mg dun pharma with a number on them 214 maybe?

We discourage brand/generic discussion here as they are all equivalent.

Okay sorry was just thinking maybe theres a different potency felt from different manufacture ect, also are IR oxys considered to be the best or do some prefer controlled released

It depends what your goal is. You sound like you use oxy recreationally so then IR is what most prefer.

Pain patients may prefer Extended Release. Recreational users tend to prefer Instant Release.

There is a frequent misinterpretation of
the bioequivalence of generic drugs.
The assertion that levels of the active
ingredient in generic drugs may vary
from minus 20% to plus 25% compared
to the brand.
THIS IS NOT TRUE!

Statistics Involved
Those numbers relate to the complex
statistical calculation used to analyze
bioequivalence studies.
soooooooo, a -20% to +25% bioequivalence difference? Sounds sketchy af. But I only took 1 year of bio chem studies...
• They do not represent the actual
difference in the amount of active
ingredient a patient’s bloodstream.
Actual differences are the numbers
found in the recent studies.
sooooooooooooo, where are the recent study links? GJ FDA!

from https://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/UCM226568.pdf

A quick Google search found this hmmm
medication

I filled my last rx <for breakthrough-pain medication>for the month, on 5/25. I was given the caraco-sun pharmaceuticals brand of generic roxicodone and, after 6 years on the same dose, these (224) "caraco" 30mg, oxycodone tablets have no pain relief what so ever! ~

I took the medication for 5 days-even doubling my dose, to be sure it wasn't just tolerance. I am not taking another tablet as it has zero effect and my pharmacist will-not exchange them for another brand that works. ..Comments? And yes-i filed a "defective medication" report with the fda. Help! ~and god bless...

i got my hands on a couple 20mg IR oxycodone and can say it was the same if not better then the blue 30's

I don’t know why anyone would want to nod. The best feeling is the euphoric fun wake up feeling. But I feel 40 mg might be a tad to high for third time. But I don’t know for sure bc I am at 120 at once

How quick does tolerance built for someone who uses say 2 times a month

How quick does tolerance built for someone who uses say 2 times a month

2 times a month, if you really keep it at that, will not develop much of a tolerance at all. That’s actually the ideal way to use.

The challenge is keeping it that infrequent once you realize how amazing it is. Good luck ;)

I don’t know why anyone would want to nod. The best feeling is the euphoric fun wake up feeling. But I feel 40 mg might be a tad to high for third time. But I don’t know for sure bc I am at 120 at once
I guess everyones ideal high is different for me i like to feel as high/relaxed as possible while staying awake passing out is just a waste imo

2 times a month, if you really keep it at that, will not develop much of a tolerance at all. That’s actually the ideal way to use.

The challenge is keeping it that infrequent once you realize how amazing it is. Good luck ;)
I like to think im one of few that have good discipline when it comes to recreational drug use haha