• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Reactions

MrsAwesome

Greenlighter
Heroin Most Strange Reactions

My partner is addicted to heroin since 10 years back. He is today 25 years of age.
I have seen him multiple times looking REALLY bad after shooting up. Usually he just nods out and falls back. But, he also gets reactions at times.
This one time his whole face turned white/yellow. He instantly looked 50 years older (NO JOKE). He got deep wrinkles all in his face and looked SUPER sick. He had reddish, big spots (similar to allergic reaction) all over his face. This lasted for about 30mins.
He stood up steady and could talk to me well. Didn't nod out at all. He looked himself in the mirror but was too "out of it" to understand it.
I have been trying to search for similar reaction without any luck. I assumed that it was an overdose but not so sure since it looked so very specific and an "uncommon" symptom of overdose. What a fuck was this?! Anyone seen anything like this before?! This was the first time ever he has reacted like that. Was it the cut that made this reaction, and in that case, what was that?!

This was about three months ago now and he is still fine.

Last edited:
Moving this to Other Drugs as it is not a trip report.

The yellowing is common in jaundice which makes me worry he has liver damage of some sort. Ive seen the reddish spot thing in others (even once in myself. Were more purple than red) and while have no explanation, figured it was related to histamine release which many opioids cause.

The reddish is a histhamine release I believe, and I'm pretty sure it just a sign that you didn't miss. Either that or I'm mistaking it for the cow spots you get when you know you didn't miss, either way he needs to cut down the amount he does at once seems like he's chasing a high a bit too much beyond what his addiction will give him.
What I mean by that, is at this point, almost no matter how much he shoots up after your first shot of the day, you just won't really get the high you're looking for but rather get the respiratory and nodding type effects instead .
I've had a friend just like this and I would always have to watch him rather than enjoy my nod when we'd shoot up... he'd turn blue lips and blue face not breathing or talking I'd have to scream his name "yo wake up !! Stay awake you're pissing me off I'm trying to enjoy my nod and I gotta baby sit your blue lipped face bozo"
Sort of like that