• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Did anyone else have a terribly disappointing 21st birthday.?

yompf

Bluelighter
I looked forward to that for so long.. like it was gonna be awesome. Not that I wasn't already drinking but you know, it's supposed to hellov fun.
Mine was just depressing. I had just moved back to my semi home town after being out of state for years . No friends, boyfriend I just hooked up with (whom I knew for hellov years prior) decided to go to his parents house . I didn't have an ID either. I moped around... I guess later I ran into a couple of people I kinda knew. So I drank a beer.. was anyone else a freaken loner at 21? Or am I the only one?? No wonder why I started doing drugs...lol

I blacked out (for the millionth time) and got alcohol poisoning/almost got super fucked by the law, when I was a few months away from 21. So I didn't drink at all on my 21st birthday (or for years after that). I was working this insane job where they were on my ass 13 out of 14 days from dawn til bedtime, so I didn't even go out or do anything at all.

So yeah, it sucked, but I never really had any expectations for it... just another day. I had lots of fun other days (except for that summer because of that job).

I don't remember anything special (good or bad) about my 21st, but my 18th was an absolute nightmare. I had looked forward to it forever. After all, I'd finally be a "man" and all.

Well, first I discovered that nobody even remembered that it was my birthday at all, let alone my 18th.

Then, my girlfriend broke up with me because she suddenly realized that she was still in love with her ex-boyfriend who was away in the Army after he called her.

THEN... I came home to find that my dad had gotten drunk and pulled a switchblade on a couple of guys a few houses down, apparently because they parked in the street and he could barely fit by in his van. (He shouldn't have been driving anyway!) Thank God at least he didn't get arrested. They were probably afraid to call the cops, because not only was he a knife-wielding psycho but also 6'2" and about 250 lbs.

Happy 18th birthday to me :sus:

(It's ironic because I was just telling this story to my therapist last week! I hope that I didn't stray too far off-topic because it wasn't my 21st, but I thought it was worth sharing.)

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

My 21st sucked. I spend the day railing and fiending for oxycodone and drinking fancy liqueurs with my "friend" (who also turned out to be a POS) and my girlfriend at the time. Really not very fun at all. I tried putting a lot of effort into having a good time and all, but really all I wanted to do was get high on opioids. This was very shortly before getting into heroin. Fun times...

Learning to spend bday's just enjoying life, not trying to make them spectacular events or whatnot, has made them a lot more enjoyable. Just as an excuse to spend time doing normal things with people I love. That is really quite nice when compared to the shitstorm that was most of my 20's.

I totally forget what I did for my 18th, but it probably involved magic mushrooms, lots of pot, buying cigarettes legally for the first time since I started smoking at 17 and having a lot of sex with my then girlfriend. But like I said, very little recollection.

Truth be told, I'm not a big birthday person. I love doing nice things for other people on their birthday - cause it's a great excuse to do something that might otherwise weird someone out - but when it comes to my own day of birth I think I prefer it low key. If I can spend the day with someone or people I care about and eat stuff I love to eat, well I'm happy as a clam.

Although tripping balls would probably be fun too. I really wanted to do that this year but didn't have the chance really. Next year :)

Mine stunk.
My 21st bday fell on the wedding day of a couple who were close friends of my first husband.
So we attended their wedding.
It was 90-some degrees; I was pregnant. We rented a car (for its AC) and apparently my husband felt we were running late so he pushed it and blew the A.C. anyway.
We arrive hot n sweaty.
I was unable to drink; I was 21 but I was 4 months pregnant. I became so bored at the reception and so tired from the heat n being preg that retired to the hotel room by 9pm n went to sleep.
While soon-to-be husband n his buddy arrived in the room at 3 am drunk n lively, I just rolled over n went back to sleep.
Worst part? This Shitty bride n groom never even thanked us: for attending / for a $100 gift (and this was 24 years ago!)/ for travelling 3 hours, in a rented car, paying for the stay.... hotel n food n all. Not even a thank you card-- and when WE got married a month later, this asswipe couple didn't attend or ever send their congratulations. I think it really hurt my husband. He really felt close to those Shits.

god i got so drunk i bailed on my whole party and went off on my own
had a great time :D

Since I don't really like alcohol it was like any other. I had two friends that would not let me go without getting my free drinks. I made it through one drink and said, who cares if its free if you don't actually want it?8)

I turned 21 in Vegas when I was living there so I went gambling. Made some money but eh I celebrated it by myself as I was new to nevada and didn't have friends. We used to have a BL IRC and a tinychat where I would hang out at tho.

Similar. Most of my friends were away at school. I hung out with this girl, her gf, and her room mate who used to buy MDMA from and we all rolled a bit. I don't think I even told them it was my bday until later in the evening.