• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall Companion.

kcsteel

Greenlighter
Hello... Looking for some advice. I am currently prescribed 90mg Adderall IR. I take 15mg 6x per day. Works wonders for me but does not the entire day.
My Dr. will not increase my dosage. I am looking for something that goes well combined with my current Rx. She may be open to a "go-with". Thoughts???

Last edited:
are you saying another stimulant? She probably won't go for that.... vyvanse is a great one that is very similar to adderall.... wellbutrin may increase the stimulation from the adderall in a decent manner.... i know lexapro tweaked me out and doctors love to RX that with adderall.... the best one for me was Mirtazipine (remeron) cause it really helped to put you to sleep but over time it def increased the positive euphoria from my adderall...

some good ones that "Go with" adderall but are NOT stimulants, are Klonopin (Clonazepam) , a sedative drug usually used to treat anxiety , mixes very well adderall... ambien goes great with it, or better yet Sonata.. which are both for sleep.... weed goes great at the end of the day after adderall... kratom too... and masterbation

Vyvanse did absolutely NOTHING for me. What do ya'll think about asking her to "add" 20mg/day Adderall XR as a go-with to span the full day. Is this a reasonable request?
A little background on me: I used to have a SEVERE alcohol problem. Served 1 yr in the State Penn from DUI's. I have been 100% sober for 17 months.
I firmly believe that Adderall is playing a big role in my sobriety. It numbs my impulses. Makes me think deeply about the consequences of my actions before I act.
When I run out or don't take AD, I crave mad alcohol.
I'm scared to death of a relapse. It will be the end of me... Real rap. Again, is my request plausible?

I think you should absolutely have a conversation about a long acting stimulant be it Adderall XR, Vyvanse or another. I actually find it rather amazing your doctor hasnt already done this and used the IR as boosters when you need it.

That's quite a high dose, I don't rate your chances of getting more. Are there times of the day when you don't crave alcohol as much? You could try shifting your doses around that time and saving them for later/earlier.

Keep in mind, I'm 6' 3" 240 lbs. Allow me to re-ignite this one... I'm simply looking to maintain my Adderall IR effectiveness throughout the entire day. I run 14+ hr days. 90 mg worked for the past 6 months, now it doesn't. Is asking my DR to add 20 mg XR justifiable/safe? I am seeing her tomorrow.

As suggested, you might have more success with a higher % of your adderall coming from an XR version, with just a little IR to top up at times, which is what many people find helpful. Definitely it's worth discussing all of this with your doctor though. She may balk at increasing the dose further, but at the very least she should consider switching some proportion to XR to give you a more steady release throughout the day. Good luck.

Is it perhaps your the type of person who finds something good like alcohol or work and goes H.A.M. till something really bad happens? I do the same thing. Maybe you might want to see how you can work less 90 mg of adderall day after day im curious what your vitals are like. I was on 55 mg and loved it. Now im on 10 mg almost romanticizing my 55 mg use but my vitals where setting me up for a heart problem like resting 120 bpm

Daygirlsa
I've have been a follower of Bluelight's forums for a while. Just registered because frankly, the member's whose forums I've been reading are the only people I have access to that have the knowl how and are cool enough to try and help me navigate. This is my problem. I have ADHD with a severity of symptoms Rated a 1 in 10,00. I've been on Daytrana for years and years. I'm in my 50's my dr writes my rx for 3 moths worth dose is 2 30 mg patches a day. I let a sorry mf stay on my couch sob stole them dr's out of the country backup doc not comfortable with writing new script and I have recertification, filing with IRS and grandkids coming to stay with me for a month, set up, and promised for the next 5 weeks. The depression from being off meds is hard but I knowing I don't stand a chance in hell of successfully is devastating. This message has taken 2 days to write. Does any one know of someone that would be interested in selling their daytrana? Or some suggestion of what to do? Btw apparently I register a long time ago and couldn't remember my user name so I had to use aa email from eons ago that I don't know the password for. Anybody know how to find out what my user name is so I can correct my email to one I can actually get an email at
1000 ty