• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

booze and casual painkillers

bomber

Bluelighter
I figure that drinking+normal painkillers are a good way to deal with a bad waking up, but many people around me are under the impression that this is dangerous, even though noone is sure. So my question is: Is there anything I should be carefull about when I drink and take painkillers at the same time?

I figure that drinking+normal painkillers are a good way to deal with a bad waking up, but many people around me are under the impression that this is dangerous, even though noone is sure. So my question is: Is there anything I should be carefull about when I drink and take painkillers at the same time?

Alcohol and acetaminophen is well known to be toxic to your liver.

If that's all, then fine. Im not looking to make a habit, just to do it in some occations that I wake up bad mooded, disphoric or with headache. Pretty sure the liver will handle a little extra stress now and then as long as it's not a habit.
I was just afraid that maybe there could be some dangerous intreraction or something.

^ Yes and they are both CNS depressants. What type of pain pills are they?
I was one of those alcoholics who would drink in the morning to stave off a hangover.

I was one of those alcoholics who would drink in the morning to stave off a hangover.

Been there. Done that. God that was a horrible life. Drinking a tumbler of straight vodka to get rid of the shakes before going to work. Fun times.

OP do some research into other NSAID’s. I believe there are others that interact negatively with alcohol. But some, (perhaps aspirin, but don’t quote me on that, look it up) are safer after (or during) a night of heavy drinking.

Paracetamol, mostly.
Thanks for the imput, people.

Last edited:
Do you mean paracetamol? Don't take it while drinking as it can damage your liver.

Do you mean paracetamol? Don't take it while drinking as it can damage your liver.

Yeah, I corrected this.
Im pretty sure the liver wont get too damaged with something so occational, it takes a habit to get serious damage. But Ill keep in mind it's unhealthy, thanks.

What kind of pills are we talking about here? Alcohol increases the fluid in your lungs. Opioids depress breathing. Getting pneumonia is well possible.

Taking NSAIDS with alcohol can really murder your kidneys.

Alcohol can also increase the absorption of certain opioids as well. People have died from that.

We really sort of need to know what kind of pills you're talking about here.

Paracetamol/acetaminophen is not a cns depressant.

Taking alcohol and NSAIDs or acetaminophen/paracetamol isn't a good thing. Every now and then won't likely hurt you but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

I think there is far too much confusion between everyone in this thread as to what pills OP is actually alluding to. Nobody has been wrong, but who's to know which pills actually correspond to OP's instance.

OP- for anyone to actually give you accurate information, you're gonna have to fill in this blank. Each and every different kind of pill is going to have different effects and different reactions with alcohol. Generally no pill is good to mix with alcohol, but beyond that, they're all gonna have different degrees of harm and a varying array of reactions....so we're gonna need to know what it is exactly you're talking about.

-PA

I think there is far too much confusion between everyone in this thread as to what pills OP is actually alluding to. Nobody has been wrong, but who's to know which pills actually correspond to OP's instance.

OP- for anyone to actually give you accurate information, you're gonna have to fill in this blank. Each and every different kind of pill is going to have different effects and different reactions with alcohol. Generally no pill is good to mix with alcohol, but beyond that, they're all gonna have different degrees of harm and a varying array of reactions....so we're gonna need to know what it is exactly you're talking about.

-PA
I said already m8, Im talking about regular painkillers, paracematol specificaly.

Former alcoholic who had zero alcohol consumption in 7 years here... if it was up to me i would legalize the majority of drugs and criminalize alcohol usage.. but that is just me...

Whatever pill and strength you are taking, its gonna harm you when you mix it with alcohol. I suspect that "occasionally" means more than you're telling us. Take one or the other, not both. The people on here are trying to give you good advice. Take it!

LV

Former alcoholic who had zero alcohol consumption in 7 years here... if it was up to me i would legalize the majority of drugs and criminalize alcohol usage.. but that is just me...
I dislike the demonising of alcohol that hides in that post, but I think some substances that are illegal should get legal too. As for booze, I like it and Im glad it's legal so people don't die of methanol poisoning like in countries it is illegal.
Im also happy for you that you are not an alcoholic anymore.

Whatever pill and strength you are taking, its gonna harm you when you mix it with alcohol. I suspect that "occasionally" means more than you're telling us. Take one or the other, not both. The people on here are trying to give you good advice. Take it!

LV
No seriously, I mean realy occationaly. I mean it's not like heroin that you say "occationaly" and you mean more and more often. There is no reason to make a habit of taking regular non opioid painkillers.
But I agree that people here give good advice and I take it, thank you all.

Last edited:
I dislike the demonising of alcohol that hides in that post, but I think some substances that are illegal should get legal too. As for booze, I like it and Im glad it's legal so people don't die of methanol poisoning like in countries it is illegal.
Im also happy for you that you are not an alcoholic anymore.

That is just me man.. i hate it cuz it made me hit rock bottom..

That is just me man.. i hate it cuz it made me hit rock bottom..
I understand m8, I've seen people around me having a realy rough deal with alcohol addiction and Im realy happy for you that you managed to escape it.
The thing is it's not the same for everyone. For me, it has been more of help in my life than a problem and if it was illegal I would be still addicted to heroin, and wouldn't still have faced a ton of inner pain and anger.
As for most people, they just use it to have a nice time in a party.
If you made it illegal, you would make it for all of them, not just for the alcoholics.

Last edited: