• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time IV Hydromorphone

MACheavelli

Greenlighter
This is my first time posting a thread like this so please forgive me if I use the wrong context. Let me know and I will correct it.

So my buddy came across 80 or so 2mg Hydromorphone pills last week and this is new to him. He has a pretty high natural tolerance to opiates and opioids PLUS hes been using tramadol for around 5 years and Oxy for a couple months. That being said he railed a couple of the 2mg's and plugged another 2mg. Not much really happened AT ALL except for he fell asleep 2 hours later and woke up in a "when did I fall asleep" state. He's very disappointed. He has all the equipment necessary to start IV'ing plus a massive amount of regular syringes and an even bigger amount of diabetic syringes. He's always been a huge puss when it comes to needles, the only success he's had with doing it to himself is a shot in the belly with the diabetic syringes. As of right now the regular needles are out of the question but he's been dancing around the idea of trying the diabetic needles for about a month now. Oxy didn't seem worth it but now here we are with a drug that almost all of it's bio availability is through intravenous administration. He's read a ton of posts and the only thing he's unsure on is weather or not the diabetic needles will suffice and the whole deal with the Q-tip before loading. He doesn't have a profile so here we are, please enlighten me with knowledge. Please don't comment about how it shouldn't be done in the first place, he's hard headed and would never listen so I'm just here to relay the knowledge. Thanks!

We know it's you so no need to hide behind "your friend."

I don't know much about injecting but I highly recommend you give plugging a second chance. Your dose was probably too low or you plugged incorrectly.

If you absolutely must inject then go get some micron filters of the Internet, cotton is not gonna cut it as a filtering medium. Pills contain all sorts of nasty stuff that should never be put into a human vein.

We know it's you so no need to hide behind "your friend."

I don't know much about injecting but I highly recommend you give plugging a second chance. Your dose was probably too low or you plugged incorrectly.

If you absolutely must inject then go get some micron filters of the Internet, cotton is not gonna cut it as a filtering medium. Pills contain all sorts of nasty stuff that should never be put into a human vein.

I'm quite certain I didn't do it wrong, I used to plug meth all the time cause it gave a more mellow, chatty, desired effect. The only thing I can think of that would have dulled it was the fact that (I know it's nasty but I'd think it'd have something to do with it) that I hadn't shat in a couple days due to the Oxy. I got some magnesium citrate last night to sort of clean everything up. How would you recommend doing it? I smash it up as much as possible, mix with water until it's completely diluted then load it up and lay on my side for 15 mins or so. Couldn't even tell a hint of a difference. I would get the cough with meth which is how I know I was doing it right.

Yeah if you're plugged up its not gonna work very well. You need to make sure it's all cleared out down there first. Also your tolerance to tramadol and oxy might be coming into play here. How much oxy and tram do you take a day?

I've only been taking 200mg Tram for the past year, since I came across a copious amount of Oxy (10/325's and 5mg HCL) I'd say I take upwards of 100mg+ daily... now that I type it it seems kind of ridiculous. I read a post about someone who had a high tolerance such as myself and was having the same problems with the Dilly's. He said when he banged his first 5mg he was three sheets to the wind. Oh and the past two nights I've been "cleared out" and I went from plugging 4mg's to 6mg's last night and at best I could feel a slight effect but if one weren't waiting on it, wouldn't even notice. I've been enticed by the idea for about a year now and I figured I may as well get it out of the way especially with having all the supplies on hand. I just want to make sure it's all done as correct as possible as I'm extremely cautious about my drug use.

Well I still recommend you try a bit higher of a dilly dose plugged but I know I can stop you if you really want to shoot up.

I've never shot up but i know that micron filters are gonna be one of the safest instruments to use when shooting pills. Please start by buying those filters and hopefully someone more experienced will come by and give you some additional advice.

Ive plugged my Hydromorph Contins. I've been told that the bioavailability of Hydromorph plugged is really low. There is a reference by Keeping in the Plugging Megathread (near the end) about its bioavailability. Many people dispute this. I have found it to be at least as good as snorting and less crap up your nose. I plug a minimum of 24mg to 30 mg. I don't have a high opiod tolerance and 4 x 6mg gives me a bit of a nod (I can still get lots of housework done). 30mg gives me an all day nod. I'd say your doses are teally low therefore you haven't gotten much of a buzz. I was started out by my Doctor on 2 x 6mg daily (after being on 10 x 5/325 percocets and still get 4) so that should help you with dosing. You were correct in starting off low but up the mgs and you will have a nice warm nod. ?