• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Haven't used for 5 days - chipping?

AntiCy

Greenlighter
So I last used oxy last Thursday. 100mg dose. So 5 full days. If I use a small dose tonight - what will happen? Will I go back into full withdrawal tomorrow? Or can I use once or twice a week now?

Alternatively I can wait until Saturday morning. I know that's the "better" option, but mostly curious what would happen if I took 70mg or so tonight. Not sure how it works.

End goal is to chip once or twice a week. I'll likely fail based on the stories I've read, but who knows, maybe I won't.

I just look forward to Saturday mornings, once a week. Nice dose of oxy, coffee, some donuts, and nod off and listen to podcasts.

But yeah, main question is what happens if your basically through withdrawal (5 days) and then use a little? Back to square one?

Thanks everyone! Wish me luck and prayers. Coming off a 150-200mg a day habit. And I went through withdrawals with 150 10s sitting in my house. Trying to show some willpower and succeeded. Withdrawal went smooth, kpins and Kratom with Xanax for sleep

I don't want to be totally done. I want to look forward to using once or twice a week

That’s the life I would like too. I’m not quite there yet. Honestly I would wait a little longer than 5 days if you’re able to.

I don’t think there is a clear cut-off point that delineates “if you wait this long, no WD. But if you only wait THIS long, then WD all over again”. But common sense would dictate the longer you wait the better. And if you can really keep at at a one time use, your WD should be minimal, if any.

Honestly I think it would be the mental craving that’s going to be your biggest enemy, as opposed to physical WD.

Someone with more knowledge might be able to chime in with a better answer.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Yeah it's not likely. But I've also never tried, so I have an inkling of hope. I'm more of the mindset now that the longer I wait, the more I'll enjoy.

Curious about the withdraw part though. I do believe I can keep it to twice a week, but remains to be seen if I will fail.

But open to more answers about at what point I'll go into wd if I use once

Mental part is kind of what I'm looking forward to. If I can wait in between doses, they will feel that much better ;) that's the hope

Man. I don't think it's very likely this will work out in the long term at all.

In my experience, failure is pretty much inevitable. The question is how long can you sustain it. I wouldn't be able to go just about any length of time at all. But you're not me. Some people manage it for a pretty long time.

And hey, I'm not saying not to do it, even if failure really is inevitable. Just adding my view to the many already here that it's very unlikely to be sustained forever.

Eventually the scripts will run out. Eventually I'll be forced to be clean. I want to make it last, sustain as long as I can.

With that being said, any insight into withdrawal?

If I use tonight after not using for 5 full days will I go into wd?

If I stick to using Wednesday night, and sat morning only, and stick to it......will I avoid wd?

Very hard to say, im inclined to say no, but it depends on a lot of factors. How long you've been using, the highest your tolerance has ever been. Not to mention this sort of thing can vary from person to person, so probably only one way to know for sure.

Have you have already experienced w/d? and are you still experiencing any type of w/d after 5 days? If so, what? Or do you feel "back to normal"? If you're still going through w/ds, dosing could prolong it, but I would guess that you'd be fine after 5 days (in my opinion). This is just a very subjective topic so I can't clearly/accurately address this. I think shartito is right by saying to wait a little longer [than 5 days if you're able to]. But in all, I think the bigger issue might become using more frequently than twice a week. Either way, we're all here for you. Just adding my 2 cents. I hope it works out for you, bro.:)

if you start using this soon at all, just kiss your sobreity good by... and no you will not be able to "use occasionally" at all anymore unless you plan to be using full time again.... The only thing I would recommend getting into is Kratom.... its more or less the herbal version of Oxycodone... its a stimulating heady high, and not only that but its MUCH cheaper than oxy.... I buy in bulk off the web, and get a kilo for around 100 bucks.... if you are just starting off you might wanna get it in capsules, or put it in capsules yourself, because it takes kind of a lot of powder and its pretty gross to swallow it.... but if you wanna try, grab a table spoon , scoop up as much as you can handle, throw it in your mouth, take as much water as you can hold in their with your powder, shake your head violently back and forth a few times as you swallow everything in one giant gulp..... then chase with water so it settles well..... I like this method because I can get the maximum down instantly which means it will kick in all at once and relatively quickly.... with practice it becomes simple to dose, 3 big kratom doses a day.... it leads to a mild addiction but one that is much easier to deal with than an Oxy habit

No offense but I suspect he knows that he won't exactly be sober after he takes oxy again.

I actually think there's some danger in this advice. You say use Kratom instead of oxy, knowing from myself, me and a lot of junkies are gonna hear "I can use Kratom AND oxy and make it last even longer"

He said the script will eventually run out so he just wants to chip until it does. I didn't say this at the time but I'll say it now. The reason I still think this path will still lead to ruin, is it's very likely you'll find more oxy or other opiates before or soon after you run out. We're drug addicts, we tend to hang around other drug addicts, and we tend to just stumble upon access to drugs with barely any effort at all, I know I do.

So even if you're thinking this is just temporary, in my experience, something will come up to make it keep going longer and longer, and then it's only a matter of time before you increase how much you're using. And Kratom is one of a million ways that could happen.

I really gotta learn more about Kratom, I have no idea how strong it is so I can't give any advice at all about how it compares with opioids I do have experience with like oxy and codeine and heroin and tramadol and... a lot more.

Lets put it this way, I was a heroin addict for 5 or 6 years and after I went to rehab, I took kratom or year solid and felt great, held down a job didnt mess with other drugs... after a year I started chipping with other stuff and fully got back into drugs weeks after that.... its a solid daily sustainable mood and pain treatment... plus its also stimulating, sort of like an herbal speedball

Lets put it this way, I was a heroin addict for 5 or 6 years and after I went to rehab, I took kratom or year solid and felt great, held down a job didnt mess with other drugs... after a year I started chipping with other stuff and fully got back into drugs weeks after that.... its a solid daily sustainable mood and pain treatment... plus its also stimulating, sort of like an herbal speedball

And that's great, I'm not denying kratoms value or utility as a maintainence therapy. I'm just saying it sounds to me like the OP isn't actually at that point yet in addiction. And isn't trying to do that kind of thing in the first place. He can correct me if I'm wrong. But it sounds to me that the OP is trying to make his oxy script last longer and keep getting high and avoid withdrawal. And nothing really to do with actually stopping a full blown hard core addiction, which I strongly suspect the OP doesn't have yet.

I'm not really disagreeing with you at all, I'm just wondering if perhaps you've misunderstood what the OP is trying to do here. We've all told him the dangers posed here. At this point if he really wanted to stop using, he'd be best to just stop using. Not use Kratom. But if he's going to use, unless I've missed something I don't see much point to this advice.

oh yeah you are right.... I guess he wants to use "once or twice a week" ..... good luck with that

Yeah, pretty much no one has had much optimism about being able to stick to it. In truth I got the feeling the OP knows his odds aren't really good. For what it's worth, I would have been exactly the same. If you're gonna go down this path that's what you're gonna do.

If I could go back in time and tell my younger self what I know now, I probably STILL wouldn't have listened.

I've been a hard core Opiate addict for 15 years. At this point, I'm a professional quitter. You won't be able to stop once you start unless you have the willpower of a Mack truck. I started on 5/325 Percs, prescribed for back pain. Started with two a day, then three because I grew to like that nice warm feeling. Now, 15 years later, I'm trying to get off Fentanyl, Oxys and a couple others. Stop screwing with it. Listen to Motiv311. The man obviously knows what he's talking about. He's trying to help you.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now. You want to use, that's fine, but be prepared to one day face the consequences and it comes on fast and its bad. Good luck!

LV

This a harm reduction site. While obviously not using is ideal, the point of this site is not to try and talk people out of using.

Generally by the time people join this site and ask questions they’re already using, and this community helps each other use safely.

I've been chipping for about 2 years it's definitely doable. Just remind yourself that if you keep doing it daily there will be withdrawals. It's pointless to do it because that's like putting your hand in a flame knowing it will burn you.

Just make sure to space out your doses and you won't be dependant. And with the attitude of "oh I will probably end up dependant" you will absolute to end up dependant without question. You need to believe you will be able to do it, and realize you're not weaker than opiates.

I've been chipping for about 2 years it's definitely doable. Just remind yourself that if you keep doing it daily there will be withdrawals. It's pointless to do it because that's like putting your hand in a flame knowing it will burn you.

Just make sure to space out your doses and you won't be dependant. And with the attitude of "oh I will probably end up dependant" you will absolute to end up dependant without question. You need to believe you will be able to do it, and realize you're not weaker than opiates.

While I agree that an attitude of inevitable failure makes it very probably that it will happen, I gotta say that 2 years really isn't that long. Lots of people kept it going 2 years. Now if you'd said 10 or 20 years I'd be more impressed. I'm not saying that you'll fail too eventually, cause I don't know that.

I'm just saying, if you do make it another 5 years or so without much problems, you'll be the first I've heard of.

Really I hope you are. I don't want it to go bad for you. I hope you can keep it going as long as you'd like. I just can't deny my expectations based on experience.

And given how badly so many of us have been burned by drugs. And given that even if you really can do it, a lot more can't. Me and probably a lot of others are trying to be realistic here. If nothing else, in most cases, in the long run it would have been better not to keep going at all. And the OP needs to know that.

But if he's gonna do it, I agree yours is the attitude to have.

Last edited: