Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Xanax and Alcohol

Foleyskids

Greenlighter
Hi all, first time poster.

I've done my research and all I can ever find or hear about is how people pop 2 xans and get drunk and pass out forget what they did that night etc etc

I realize the combo is not recommended and from what I've read most people are just being dumb with it and take too much.

My question is:

How much damage am I doing taking half a xanax (1mg) along with 1-3 beers. 5 MAX. What are the side effects in terms of mental/physical health?

I find this to be the perfect buzz, I know how addictive xanax is and can be, but I'm not worried about that part.

How much harm am I actually doing to myself if I take this combo say 1-3 times a month?

I will sometimes have a bump of charlie along with this combo and smash a mixie cone. Again. I am smart with my drugs, I will only have a small hit and then have a mix cone for the head spins.

Cheers :)

Hey, welcome to the site.

I've done my research and all I can ever find or hear about is how people pop 2 xans and get drunk and pass out forget what they did that night etc etc

The fact that's all you can ever find or hear is representative of the risk of the benzo and alcohol combination. In my experience and opinion, it is a seriously risky combination of substances to indulge in. In fact, I would put it up right at the top of high risk drug combos for a couple of reasons.

For one thing it's extremely easy to fuck up and take too much of either alcohol or benzos. You might become intoxicated to a point where you have forgotten how much of either you've taken and then take more, or you reach a point where you simply don't care how much you have had and then take more. Each of those substances separately can dramatically lower your sense of self-preservation and consequences; together the effect is multiplied. I believe the immediate high risk in the benzo/alcohol combination is in accidents and incidents occurring while under the influence rather than long term damage caused over time by repeated use (although that is certainly an issue, too).

Obviously you care enough about yourself and/or those around you to be asking about potential damage from the combo you enjoy. However, I find these parts of your post contradictory:

What are the side effects in terms of mental/physical health?

I know how addictive xanax is and can be, but I'm not worried about that part.

What are you worried about then? I don't mean to be a prick - just trying to figure out where your concerns lie. I know from personal experience that alcohol and benzos can be a very pleasant combination. I also know from experience that they can lead you into serious, life altering incident in the blink of an eye.

Hi :)

I'm aware of how it works because I have trialled it myself. I've had the combo multiple times and know my limits. Basically I have found that half a bar and 1-3 beers is a stable level where I can mellow out and still function normal but also have a great buzz for a few hours. I will be at home in a safe environment 99% of the time as well.

So basically all I want to know is how much harm am I actually doing to myself with that aside? Just the substances alone in my body.

In regards to all the posts I read about people blacking out etc. That just comes down to people being idiots and not realizing how deadly the combo is. For me It at least doubles if not triples the effects of the alcohol. So 1 beer comes 2 and so on.

I mean I used to drink 15-20 beers a night every weekend back in the day.. Surely this combo can't be that bad.

I would choose half a bar and 3 beers over 10 beers to get the same level any day of the week. Wake up with a clear mind and no hangover as opposed to a negative mind and a hangover.

On a purely physiological level it's probably not particularly toxic. However don't let that lull you into a false sense of security - Xanax and benzos in general tend to be insidiously addictive, and benzo withdrawal is HELL ON EARTH. Also - it only takes one night, where you're in an odd mood, to decide you want to push things a bit further...and sometimes all it takes is taking the other half of the bar or a few more beers to lead you down a road of extraordinary stupidity and danger.

IME and IMO one should not combine the two. It's not quite a question of control mate, you could feed a genius Xanax and Alcohol and watch their decision making fly out the window faster than you can blink.

Mate you are not wrong there at all. Last night was my first night not taking any after 3 nights trialling different amounts and my I could tell my body wanted it. Lucky I am a stoner and choofed a few cones down and that put me to sleep just fine. I also slept for a normal 7-8hrs. Woke up fresh. I found if I take xanax I get a really good sleep but its 8-10hrs+ and I wake up feeling pretty much off my face still lol need a coffee or something or I'm still in loopy land (not that I don't mind anyway haha)

I also should have mentioned I have mild social anxiety and while I'm on xanax this is almost non existent I can actually talk to people normally.. So I'm half considering going on it for a while if it gets worse. It's quite bad at the moment, but for now I will try overcome it without the xanax.

And yep mate I agree. I just lost my license for a year and my license is everything to me as I'm a car nutter with 7 cars atm so this combo has helped me cool off a bit. I was dumb with alcohol in the past, but It's just not worth binging anymore unless its a special occasional of course.

Yeah the decision making while under the influence I'm not worried about as I'll just be at home. Can understand your concern though because alcohol brings the worst out of some people, for me as soon as I start drinking I just want more but that's normal for most people it's addictive shit.

In conclusion... I'm gonna stick to 4 times a month and see how things pan out. IMO Xanax is a tool just like any drug is. Use it properly and you will benefit from it. But yeah with this combo it is definitely like playing with fire... Not the kinda shit you wanna mess with It is HIGHLY addictive IME.

I used to take MDMA almost every weekend, but I had some after about 4 months no use not long ago, It was great, had a fantastic time, but the comedown from it was an absolute killer.. These days I would much rather combo a few bevs and half a bar, sneak in a key hit and some bongs and that's my roll done for my saturday night haha.

It's 1:00pm. I just realized I've only had about 6hrs sleep after having a cone and now I'm tired asf. Just shows how dependant you get on the fuckers lol. Either that or I just had an off sleep but I'm sure the xan has something to do with it. I have always had trouble sleeping, luckily weed has helped me through it. I'm sure I'll be back to my normal sleeping pattern tomorrow. BUT. I can tell you right now, If it wasn't for weed I'd probably be popping one to go to sleep. Has to be one of the most addictive substances I've had in my body so be weary.

I had 3/4 one night, half the next, and then 1/4 the night after that.

If you saw my friends withdrawal from axes, worst thing i've ever seen in my life.

Yep I wouldn't doubt it hey it really is deadly stuff. I'll stick to my green and treat myself on the odd occasion :D

Xanax has an insanely cruel withdrawal dude. I'd avoid the shit for sure. If you must use benzos, choose a long acting one, like diazepam or clonazepam.