• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

friend with bpd broke up with me

so i sent him a text that "true friends have up and downs" and "i will always be there" and he responded "thank you" and used my name. what can i say to let him know i don't want to rehash things...just want to move on as things happen between friends. and since he has responded to my text does that mean he wants to resume and realized that he just lashed out in anger in the moment?

He said “Thank you.” He was being nice. Leave it alone for now. You can’t force someone to stay in contact. Don’t say anything else. If he reaches out again, fine. It sounds like you need to move on.

thanks to everyone for taking time to reply. i'm still confused and conflicted. i've done a ton of reading and also asked questions on other forums and i get different responses i.e. a lot say just let it go (which is hard hence all these forums) some say a bpd never reverses a decision and some say they feel regret and miss the person. i'm not so fragile...i was just blindsided by his response as he told me he's bipolar but that's doughtful...he's full bpd with npd traits. and he's in another state so not that much contact. and even as i first met him i sensed there was something going on beneath what he was presenting. i'm not in any danger with trying to reconnect with this person, however it's forefront in my mind that he's in a constant state of pain. if there's the chance that he regrets his lashing out episode....since he has responded to a "reaching out" text...then i feel i need to continue....is this just delusional thinking on my part?

What did he say he when he responded to your text? Why do you think you’re delusional? I know you mean well, but sometimes you have to love people from afar and wish them the best.