• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 392: Urban Decay (Voting closed)

Which photo captures the theme best for you?

• hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Xorkoth

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • herbavore

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • malakaix

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • CFC

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • animal_cookie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaden_Nite

• keeping

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sadie

Bluelight Crew
This round's theme is Urban Decay, suggested by our reigning champion, former Flectionshotmeister, newly-crowned Closeupshotmeister, Xorkoth!

It's a subject close to my heart so I'm looking forward to your submissions! <3 <3 <3

Voting polls are now open. No further submissions will be accepted. Good Luck here guys!!

1. hydroazuanacaine

2. Xorkoth

ooB1epq.jpg

3. herbavore

4. malakaix

kwKpgYi.jpg

5. CFC

TmYufTg.jpg

6. animal_cookie

941538_10101466079367114_215815035_n.jpg

7. Kaden_Nite

8. keeping

16113882_10154352432597711_1374909404141477596_n.jpg

Next theme to be decided by the winner! May the odds be ever in your favour ;)

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until October 13th .
  3. Voting will be open from October 14th to the 20th .
  4. Photograph or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This month, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Decaymeister.
  9. Don't be a dummy! Vote and don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competition.

previous thread here

Become our new Decaymeister just in time for Halloween!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome theme. about all i photographed when i first got a camera.

impossible project film through an sx-70

Aw what the hell, might as well enter this one too. This is taken with my iPhone camera, I was on vacation in Colorado and this was taken in a castle a guy built/is building... it's being built but it's just him working on it and he's been doing it for like 40 years so it's also falling apart at the same time.

ooB1epq.jpg

Last edited:
Ephesus. This was taken in an ancient Greek city in what is now Turkey. It was built in the 10th century BC as one of the 12 Ionian Cities but flourished later as a Roman city. To walk on the marble streets that still remain is an almost surreal experience.

^ Ephesus holds a very special place in my memory, from my visit as a child in 1988. I remember it being excruciatingly hot and dazzlingly white at midday in midsummer. Only crazy English tourists travel at those times of day %)

Bumper cars in Pripyat, Chernobyl. 2012.

kwKpgYi.jpg

Last edited:
Okay... well there's no way on earth that I'm putting anything up against Ephesus or Chernobyl, so I think I'll just sit this one out and enjoy it from afar :D

It's all about the picture, not the location. Please post. I look forward to your work.

Ok I settled on a crumbling city palace in Dubrovnic, Croatia (where quite a bit of GoT was filmed). There's lots of interesting ruins and decaying relics there and on the little island just off its coast.

TmYufTg.jpg

There's some really good pieces here. Great content!

I posted this photo last week but photobucket removed it, possibly because of the image's controversial theme, more likely because I won't pay for a photobucket account.

Either way, I don't like shopping trolleys, they litter the streets where I live and I would really like to see them phased out. I came across this damaged specimen while strolling through the park one morning and found myself in a calm headspace for the remainder of the day.

I call this piece 'flaming shopping trolleys and the human response'.

Last edited:
Photobucket is garbage these days, you have to pay like $300 a year or something to be able to use it as an image hosting site where you can post the links elsewhere, and I think even then they give you a limit. They only let you look at the images within Photobucket for free.

I use imgur now, it's super fast and smooth and it's free and lets you host to your heart's content.

Nice photo. :)