• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New User//Methadone Withdrawals

rs8796

Greenlighter
New user here. Going through methadone withdrawals. Low opiate tolerance shitty situation. Was clean from H for 4 years was unknowingly doing it for 2 months. PM me if you want to know the story. Went to the clinic at 9mg of methadone for a few weeks tapered down to 6 and cold turkied. I'm not paying $12/day per dose. Pure nonsense, big pharma can kiss my a. Worst withdrawals ever though. On top of that running a viral upper respiratory infection... any suggestions???

Have you looked at the link near the top of this forum called "Sober Living Directory"? There's a bunch of info in there about comfort meds that will definitely help with the acute WD.

Indeed, comfort meds are all you can really do. They should basically clear up your symptoms entirely (or nearly) if you can get the proper ones to help you detox.

How long has it been since you last took methadone/opioids OP?

9mg of methadone for a few weeks shouldn't cause too much withdrawal. Take some combo of loperamide, gabapentin, Lyrica, a benzos, pot, and OTC pain reliever.

I just said fuck it and started taking opiates again. I’m done with all this withdrawal shit. Ehhh. I tried.

We've all been there. Stay safe and you can try again some other time