• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

to all tramadol experts

Parabolan

Bluelighter
So i had been out of the opiate / opioid scene for a year or so.. until about three weeks ago where i started taking trams dosing 200 - 450 mg daily... my question is.. i plan on stopping tramadol since im already struggling with a high dosage addiction to amphetamines and benzos.. should i expect some WD symptoms after stopping tramadol?

You'll likely experience some withdrawals. Expect some discomfort, lethargy, cold sweats, you probably know the symptoms, there might be a couple extra symptoms since tramadol is also an SNRI. You can do a 5-7 day taper if you want to cut down quite a bit on the withdrawals.

Good on you for wanting to quit, good luck.

You'll likely experience some withdrawals. Expect some discomfort, lethargy, cold sweats, you probably know the symptoms, there might be a couple extra symptoms since tramadol is also an SNRI. You can do a 5-7 day taper if you want to cut down quite a bit on the withdrawals.

Good on you for wanting to quit, good luck.

thanks a lot

It'll be like coming off opioids and antidepressants at same time.

But with your dosages and timeline, I don't suspect you'll experience too much discomfort.

Definitely good you're coming off now, tramadol is a nasty substance...

Good luck.

-PA

It'll be like coming off opioids and antidepressants at same time.

But with your dosages and timeline, I don't suspect you'll experience too much discomfort.

Definitely good you're coming off now, tramadol is a nasty substance...

Good luck.

-PA
Thanks... im on an SSRI as well

Bro you have no idea what you're in for. Tramadol isn't like any other drug in terms of withdrawls. This is coming from someone who's quit a 2 year xanax habit and a nasty 3 year meth habit. Still haven't gotten off the Tram. I've been taking it for about 5 years now and at my best I was taking 600-700mg daily (DO NOT ATTEMPT, the seizure cautions are in fact accurate). I've tried quitting a hand full of times and aside from the atrocious sinus spasms, nausea, and complete body ache and pain, the sleep problem is enough to send someone to a mental ward. The best way I can describe it is just before you fall asleep it feels as if someone's tickling you from the chest area and the only way to counter it is to move. Many sleepless nights I've fought this with other drugs, pacing, drinking, blacking out on other opiates, xanax, you name it, I've probably tried to use it to battle this feeling. I was strong enough at one point to fight it for about a week before I nearly lost my job because of it before giving in. I can't tell you how long it lasts I can just tell you it is the most god awful experience you can have. I don't mean little sleep here and there either, I mean no sleep whatsoever. Maybe it's something to do with my genetics and reaction to the drug but I have come across similar stories. This isn't even dipping into the physical pain you have to endure. I saw the doc prescribed them to my sis and I flushed em. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Hopefully you have a better experience than I have but my suggestion would be to just stay away. Like I've said, I've quit everything under the sun, even alcohol and tobacco after 10 years use and I CANNOT defeat this beast. Good luck my friend!

Tapering doesn't work either, once you get down to 100mg's a day that's when the fun begins.

^well it sounds like the OP hasn't taken it for very long. Also tapering does work you just need to do it slow if you've been on it for a long time.

Only 3 weeks of use? I would expect very mild symptoms that may be masked by your benzo/amphetamine usage.

3 weeks you'll more than definitely be experiencing w/ds, I would also not recommend going over 400 mgs for the risk of seizures.

I stopping numerous opioids at the moment after taking them almost a year so my symptoms are hellish anyway but tramadol is one of the worse ones as u also withdraw from the serotonin making u feel doubly shit. Pregabalin helps take the edge off long as u don't b daft and start taking it instead. But to ease withdrawals it can help help smooth out the process. I'm trying not to have anything at all and I feel terrible ?

I hope my current benzo/amph/SSRI/ambien/hash/anti histamine daily usage would help :)

Keeps sounding progressively better and better that you're ceasing tramadol use OP.

I suspect you are already fully aware of the very real, quite grave dangers of using it in conjunction with not only SSRIs, but ALSO amphetamines.....especially at high dosages. Even just the tram and SSRI alone (hell, even just the tram at those dosages really)....not good mixes at all OP, in fact, a recipe for disaster/death.
SS and seizures are very real, and high possibilities....maybe even probabilities.

-PA

Keeps sounding progressively better and better that you're ceasing tramadol use OP.

I suspect you are already fully aware of the very real, quite grave dangers of using it in conjunction with not only SSRIs, but ALSO amphetamines.....especially at high dosages. Even just the tram and SSRI alone (hell, even just the tram at those dosages really)....not good mixes at all OP, in fact, a recipe for disaster/death.
SS and seizures are very real, and high possibilities....maybe even probabilities.

-PA

Serotonin syndrome... been there... worse than all the panic attacks i have been through my whole life combined "which are quite a lot"... well maybe except one that was induced by smoking spice "synthetic weed is something i will never use again"...

im aware of the dangers bro.. im trying to kick habits but one drug at a time... first i will start with trams... once that is done i will try to cut back ir slow down on my amp habit "which will also be a bitch since i have been doing high doses for quite a while and it does wonders for my career"...

As for benzos, i highly doubt that i will be able to kick that habit "im a full blown addict, i get most of them prescribed due to my extreme anxiety"...

Ambien... i think i might be able to give it up, but definitely not now nor while quitting any other substance... maybe i will try to use it less frequently as opposed to my current daily usage..

SSRIs, have been on a daily dose of 20 mg escitalopram for 20+ years... tried to stop taking them once for 3 days in a row... got the worst brain zaps ever... my doc believes i should keep taking it for life...

On to weed/hash usage... i have been smoking less and less since THC started to trigger my anxiety levels "since about a year ago"... what a shame... i love smoking up..

I was able to kick a dope habit a while ago so i believe im strong enough to quit anything...

Wish me luck!

You can very well quit benzos use but if you tell yourself you need it to function normally without anxiety than you'll probably never be able to quit them. Also I get anxiety from weed too but imo it's not something to stop smoking completely over, try to get some indica strains.