• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK LEAN Codiene , phenegran and soda... raitios help

So bloody annoyed that a consequence of 'lean' and it going mainstream in the US has had a knock on effect of the availability of the chough mixture in chemists.

I had a really sweet informal agreement with a local rural chemist where they would sell me one bottle a week of Care's 15mg codiene to 5ml (600mg codiene in a 200ml bottle).
This one bottle a week was great and ran for a few years. They knew exactly why I was buying it, in fact one time for some reason after this rationing was established I inexplicably said that 'I was on a waiting list to get my tonsils removed' the chemist was more annoyed at me spinning a line of bullshit than me buying a bottle a week. I think she said something like 'yeah, well we both know this won't help, your only allowed 1 bottle a week ok?' To which I meekly agreed and bought the cough syrup.

I used to always buy something else as well like smellies, vitamins, shaving stuff etc. A couple of times I would just go to the counter with what ever I had and they would just take a bottle of the shelf without me even having to ask for it. It was so routine but even that was a bit embarrasing for both of us. Although really I wasn't made to feel uncomfortable/embarrased. It was my sole source of opiates for quite some time and because it was just 1 bottle over the weekend I never really developed a tolerance or addiction. I would pour the whole bottle into a pint glass and top up with lucozade and ice. Pure diabites in a glass. Only £4 a bottle, would kick back for an evening, get a few munchies in and settle down for a film. Was great. Totally civilised, nobody was getting harmed. Local chemist got some business. I saved a bunch because it subsituted weekend alcohol (my least favorite and most damaging drug).

A couple of years of this and I went in only to be told that they couldn't stock it anymore. I said that's a real pity and she said your not the only one to think so. Implying that in this small village there must of been at least a few others enjoying a similar arrangement.

Of course the cough syrup becoming no longer available had no impact on my psychological desire and in the absence of any real alternatives heroin was the only option. Which is a hell of a lot more expensive has no social contract and carries with it all the stigma, health and legal risks everyone I'm sure is aware of.

I'm not saying that the 600mg of codiene for £4 once a week has directly lead to a £80 a week habit. But I am saying that while it was available I didn't have the £80 a week habit. I'm trying to cut down the heroin. But it's difficult.

I tried the codiene sryup with all sorts, phenergran, dihraymine (spelling why out - but nytol), grapefruit juice, couple of other things. All bullshit. Only real potentiator, ime, was a properly empty stomache (actually buying a bottle on a Saturday and if you could cobble together the will power, saving it for first thing on a Sunday morning was a lovely buzz) but an empty stomach and a recreational amount of benzo's or pregablin were the only things I found gave it more bounce to the ounce.

Such a pity it's so hard to get now. Even online they rip the arse out of the price and many explicity say '1 bottle per household, if we find you exceed this we will impose a 50% levy on your refund' I don't even know if that's legal, but then I guess repeat buyers are highly unlikely to report them..

I know that on paper 4 or so CWE's should be the same, but in reality they aren't. Don't know why, just a fact. Would love to be able to just do the smack once a week. But it's not like that either.

Has anyone managed to really control their opiate use, keep both usage, tolerance and addiction fully in check for an indefinate period of time? If so what kind of strategy do you use?

Back when I was prescribed morphine pills, I managed for many years to only use (or rather OVERuse) on days off and would blast through a months pills in s few sessions and never have WDs) l. This went on for ages (late 90sish....I had a different job then) until finally I woke up in WDs one morning and the battle started). It is a battle you can win but you need to want to ......like REALLY want to. Personally I had no support and had to do it alone but definitely support helps.

I never even tried to buy OTC codeine as the stigma of being refused would have been too much, although personally I found that loperamide and grapefruit juice worked best to kill WDs...and a pregsbalin and possibly a benzo and they were gone completely.

I don't touch any opiates of any sort now and that's going from a quite phenomenal size tolerance to zero. I just stopped dead but again that's a bad decision (I make a lot or those lol) and a taper helps. I'm not sure if many have been able to successfully taper heroin though. It just doesn't lend it's self to a taper due to the psychological effects of taking it to relieve pain (both physical and mental pain) and so people tend to use as much as they can afford rather them the bare minimum as would be used to taper.

Either way, good luck man. It's a cliche, but if you want to stop badly enough then you definitely CAN beat it...

Its next to impossible to find codeine linctus these days. I only know one place that sells it anymore and the pharmacy owner is a humongous cock end, won't even sell me one per year let alone per week. (did a handful of times, whilst I was on crutches after knee surgery, and then forever after fucked me off saying 'you've had this before', as if that was expected to actually mean something)

I'll have to look online, good idea. Do places carrying it check per order, or is the address data stored centrally, via IP address or what? Have been wanting to find a viable source again of that specific brand. Granted I'm on rx morphine and oxy, but the 'care+' brand codeine syrup, being preserved with or flavoured with chloroform has just the right flavour to make a perfect base, along with its thick, sugary consistency, for me to make a cocktail I came up with a while back, based on that, layered with vodka and tesco own brand lime pop, a squeeze of lime, and a little shot of diethyl ether trapped in an upright position, like a jagerbomb, using lime and lemon wedges plus a squeeze of lime juice in the ether. But its gotten next to impossible to find the codeine syrup.

That much promethazine will just knock you out.
The only reason to mix them really is to help with the codeine histamine reaction and itches.

The whole "lean" thing is a bit of a joke IMO and a waste of drugs. Codeine is not a good drug to sip or redose - just work out how much you want to take and have it in one go.
If you're not used to taking phenergan, i'd probably recommend about 25mg.

How much codeine you want to take depends on your opioid experience and tolerance (if you have any).

Promathazine doesn't really potentiate it in my experience - just increases the drowsiness you feel.

Facts. The whole drinking lene scene is just that - a scene. After hearing rappers talk about how much they spend on it, its pretty ridiculous. You'd think in the US where prescription opiates are rampant then even paying on a black market they could equal/better the high for less cash. I think I heard they spent thousands on the syrup...and actavis used to produce them and when they stopped the prices went through the roof.