European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK LEAN Codiene , phenegran and soda... raitios help

Bigbenboss90

Greenlighter
Hey guys... asking for a friend... he has 200ml codeine oral soloution and 100ml phenegran oral solution. If he wanted to make the best of his time what ratios would be suitable. I.e would he mix all the phen and codeine together making 300ml mixture. Or should he maybe try less of the phenegran?

The next question.... how much of soda to lean ratio? From what I hear he has been mixing both together and and mixing with 170ml sprite.

all help much appreciated guys I want him to have fun ;)

That much promethazine will just knock you out.
The only reason to mix them really is to help with the codeine histamine reaction and itches.

The whole "lean" thing is a bit of a joke IMO and a waste of drugs. Codeine is not a good drug to sip or redose - just work out how much you want to take and have it in one go.
If you're not used to taking phenergan, i'd probably recommend about 25mg.

How much codeine you want to take depends on your opioid experience and tolerance (if you have any).

Promathazine doesn't really potentiate it in my experience - just increases the drowsiness you feel.

I see... the common conception seems to be to just mix it all together with the people in my area, ma Be He just top up his soda with the codiene and see how he feels I guess, and just a splash of phen for safe measure...

id love to hear everybody's recipes and ratios... as I'm sure opinions are always varied .

still very confused on how much soda

oh and thanks for the feedback !!

The only reason to mix them really is to help with the codeine histamine reaction and itches.

The whole "lean" thing is a bit of a joke IMO and a waste of drugs. Codeine is not a good drug to sip or redose - just work out how much you want to take and have it in one go.

How much codeine you want to take depends on your opioid experience and tolerance (if you have any).

Promathazine doesn't really potentiate it in my experience - just increases the drowsiness you feel.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's all this soda:lean ratio bollocks all about :?

Some hip hop culture thingo.

IMO just take your drugs in the best way you can. I don't put weed in my soft drink or vice-versa ;)

Some hip hop culture thingo.

IMO just take your drugs in the best way you can. I don't put weed in my soft drink or vice-versa ;)

Er thanks, I think.... I'm still none the wiser, but I totally agree with you Mr. Junk!

I blame music downloads for all these trendy designer drugs. You can roll a proper spliff on an album cover. Now you don't even get a CD box, there's nothing you can skin up a proper doobie on, so these modern youth are all into pills and powders and shoving them into as many different orifices as they can find. I would not be surprised if someone's selling hollow-cored intimate body piercings for the purpose of drug delivery.

Now, where are my slippers? And will someone turn that telly up? I can't hear a word they're saying! These useless little modern speakers .....

Bet I can roll a 3 skinner with hash and baccy quicker than these young buggers can fill a blunt...

Also This -

Like I said in the PM, codeine (+soda if you like), bang it all down (i.e your chosen dose - not the whole bottle if you're opiate naïve - in fact nowhere NEAR the whole bottle if you ARE opiate naïve), 20 mn later, bang your bottle of promet syrup. Ba-da-boom

Excuse my ignorance, but what's all this soda:lean ratio bollocks all about :?

Get crunk, yo...

... ;)

Basically kiddies who don't know much about opioids being sucked into a weird subculture where codeine + Phenergran + Mountain Dew (or other soda) = amazing drug experience. As opposed to just taking codeine. Cos they're just totally different, innit 8)

Last edited:
Get crunk, yo...

... ;)

Basically kiddies who don't know much about opioids being sucked into a weird subculture where codeine + Phenergran + Mountain Dew (or other soda) = amazing drug experience. As opposed to just taking codeine. Cos they're just totally different, innit 8)

Aah, I see. But why use pop (I refuse to say 'soda') when you could use vodka instead? Fuckin pussies... ;)

I tend to agree... and would go on to ask why use codeine when one could use heroin... and why promethazine when one could cocaine... and, as we're going for broke here, why bother with drinking it when one could just shoot the mixture and drink the drink of choice at your own pleasure? Ah, the mysteries of yoof... :D

Promethazine is nasty trash. Its a sedating antihistamine. but also a phenothiazine antipsychotic dopamine D2 receptor antagonist. Thorazine's little brother, weak antipsychotic of the 'typical' class and will shit all over euphoria, also it interacts with CYP-P450 hepatic enzyme pathways afaik, as well as being an antimuscarinic.

Generally pretty nasty shit, definitely NOT conducive to euphoria. I'd just take the codeine and ANY other sedating antihistamine if your going for a combination of codeine/sedating antihistamine. Take the codeine, all the dose, first, then allow it to come to just before the peak, with sufficient time to co-incide the peak of both ideally, but don't use promethazine, its trash, its counter-euphoric, its got potentially really awful side effects like akathisia, tardive dyskinesia (can be permanent), and the akathisia itself is awful if it happens, I've had other drugs cause it and its one of the worst things you vould possibly have happen to you in terms of making you suffer. Akathisia will make you beg for death)

Do NOT inject codeine sham, its a prodrug for one, needs to undergo first-pass in the liver, which IV bypasses, before it turns to active substances such as morphine and various glucuronide conjugates, and injecting codeine can cause massive histamine release, sufficient to cause pulmonary oedema (medical term translation-blood plasma pours out of blood vessels rendered more permeable by the histamine release and other such proinflammatory mediators being released and fills the lungs, so you drown in your own blood plasma, as your inflamed lungs fill with fluid and you slowly drown on dry land, unable to breathe)

Also not everybody can either get H, or turn codeine to morphine and react morphine with a suitable acylating reagent. AFAIK dihydromorphine from dihydrocodeine is easier, using concentrated anhydrous hydrogen bromide gas in glacial acetic acid solution, in a pressure 'bomb' heating vessel for conducting reactions under combined heat and pressure. Don't know if this works on codeine, would think more people would be doing so if it did, but DHC can be made selectively into DHM, by this method, apparently under these conditions, surprisingly indeed, and somebody did this, verified it via GC-MS, to find it selectively demethylated the 6-position methyl ether, giving dihydromorphine. I've actually had a dose of that very product too, after its being acetylated, to form 6-monoacetoxydihydromorphine and my fucking christing god on a hotdog bun! I've never had a hit like that before..not even from dipropionylmorphine. Rush for 3/4 hour or so, after (note-highly tolerant, without a hefty tolerance, the dose taken would have felled me I'm pretty sure of it) from 300mg 6-monoacetyl-dihydromorphine IV, and despite being able to slam a gram of dipropionylmorphine, morphine or non-street heroin, that...the 6-AcO-DHM? that had me staggering like I'd just took a hit from an antitank rocket from just feet away, and somehow stayed alive, but knocked senseless. Fucking christ, it was that intense. Mental, mental, fucking euphoric as hell shit.

Seriously though screw the promethazine. If you can still get 'valoid' tabs otc, cyclizine, go for that for the antihistamine, plugged in solution (suspension of ground tablets), it acts very quickly that way and has a big reputation for potentiating opioids. I get it on rx for GI distress and cyclizine is amazing for antisickness effects too. If its to be injected however the hydrochloride form isn't adequately soluble enough and needs to be basified, extracted into a nonpolar solvent of choice and from there, treated with a dilute organic acid such as ideally, lactic acid to form the very soluble cyclizine lactate, which is the form used for IV preparations. Alternatively, I should think that the citrate or ascorbate (vitamin C salt) would probably work well too. If it can't be done by a given person, then plugging the cyclizine is the best way to do it, if someone doesn't want to or cannot (for heroin not codeine, which as stated should never be injected) or with morphine etc. or other IVable opiates, then plugging a slurry of the HCl tabs ground up will substitute although not be quite the same as combining the two in the same rig.

Be aware that it does have anticholinergic effects, so don't take too much.

If anybody wants, I can test the solubility of the citrate, and/or get some ascorbic acid (vit.C) and prepare some cyclizine citrate or ascorbate and measure its solubility, got plenty cyclizine alright.

Although if I may be excused, people, LC has some other chemistry work to attend to and something to recrystallize and purify to get up to standard as it ought to be, along, maybe, with a vacuum distillation of something else. I am a busy man, and one who A-cannot sleep right now, unless he were to take a dose of nitrazepam perhaps, so instead, since he's used it two days in a row, in one week he'll occupy himself recrystallizing some samples, vacuum-stripping solvent out of something, distilling some anhydrous ethanol over quicklime whilst protected by a dessicant packed drying tube for use in cleaning a certain sulfonic acid which needs purification. Another of those late-night sleepless projects, that tend to happen in one form or another when LC can't sleep. He's not one to toss and turn pointlessly when he knows he won't sleep, rather he prefers to use the time to dive into the o-chem, and various bits and piece of inorganic, and metallurgy (fr.ex one of his last inorganic projects was turning 'water glass' first into acid-precipitated very fine silica dust, cleaning out the salts and residual sulfuric acid, and then using a pyrometallurgical reduction of the magnesiothermic or aluminothermic type, Mg IIRC was the one chosen due to relative ease of dissolving the slag after, out of the crucible, to reveal some nuggets of pure elemental silicon. Well when he says pure, he means on a chemistry-level rather than semiconductor grade of course, he doesn't NEED that level of ultra-high purity, he isn't making integrated circuit wafers etc.

Although he WOULD love his own semiconductor chip/wafer fabrication setup so he could grow his own semiconductor laser or more interesting yet, quantum-well SASER wafers that can be electrically pumped. (a SASER, or sono-accoustic 'laser' is basically the sound equivalent of a laser, generating beams of highly coherent sound, the sonic equivalent of a laser, although the physics are different, and as LC understands it, don't involve a population-inversion like lasers do. Or other intriguing ideas like exciton-polaritonic lasing, polariton lasers apparently being extremely efficient in conversion of energy input to output. Always wanted to build both. Although the SASER, using non-semiconductor gain media is likely more within reach than a DIY polariton laser.)

And here, taken out of its bottle that it usually lives in, is the resulting silicon, originally made from silicate solution and concentrated sulfuric acid, before washing out the potassium sulfate and the residual H2SO4, its the little shiny nuggets of what looks to be a metal, in the palm of a hand, in between the container marked 'dichromate' on the far right, the bottles of acid halides and alkyl halides, acyl anhydrides at the back, and the jar of metal on the far left inside a bag within the jar, above a mixture of shiny metal powder and dull whitish stuff (a mixture of magnesium dust, and anhydrous calcium chloride, for the metal in the jar is elemental lithium, protected by purging the jar with dry argon gas, and a mixture of CaCl2 to absorb water whilst the magnesium dust serves as a sacrificial oxygen absorbent and over time, scrubs any oxygen that might manage to make it in and attack the lithium, since there is no oil on the Li, and in fact my method of preserving it this way, even after opening the inner bag that I received my Li metal in, has actually not oxidized and degraded in any visually significant way since I bought it, and that must have been a year ago at least. Preserved better than my sodium metal brick, which arrived in a vacuum-evacuated, heat-sealed, wrapper, covered inside in a layer of paraffin oil of some kind, hermetically sealed within an outer bag of inert gas. Its actually in better condition, having been opened and some used more than once, than my block of Na, which does have some oxidation present on it, although not much%)

silicon_metal_noexif.jpg

And for comparison, part of my sodium metal supply (this is the professionally packed stuff, the other Na I have I made myself via electrolysis, again to relieve boredom, and its actually an alloy of sodium and calcium, due to using a NaOH-CaCl2 eutectic mixture for the electrolyte melt, lowering the melting point of the fused salt mixture. But the large block is professionally packaged and shipped sodium metal of reagent grade, as one large 100g block, the tall silver thing beside it to the right, just happens to be scenery from needing something to steady my hand, since a slight shakyness was interfering with the camera focusing properly. Its the container, originally hermetically sealed, in which resides, aside from a filling of argon I added myself, and a cover of bubblewrap, just to preserve it further, is sodium borohydride, NaBH4, one of the hydride reducing agents, and a very useful one at that.

The professionally packed Na has actually, despite being unopened, oxidized more than my (multiple times) opened, dry-preserved lithium metal. Using my combination of an oxygen absorbent sacrificial reactive metal (fine Mg dust in this case) and anhydrous CaCl2, all covered by an argon purge, totally dry, no oil, especially because Li is so light, it actually floats in many oils and rises up to the surface so its a pain in the ass to keep the fucker down below under the oil in the first place, its actually done a better job than the pros have on my (bought) Na, the self-made Na has suffered greater oxidation, packed under mineral oil than either. I should have predried the oil, really, by say, distilling it under vacuum over something like quicklime after letting it sit for a week or so over the quicklime, but oh well. Its still intact and I can always make more, using better means than fiddly electrochemical preparation. I just did that too, for fun, and because I wanted something to do that wasn't lying awake on the sofa all that night but unable to sleep. Decided some gainful fun was much better.

And gainful fun, is what is more likely to happen if the promethazine is poured down the toilet instead of taken. Its nasty shit and it defaecates all over euphoria. And its shitty with codeine too, I've tried the combination and codeine alone is far better, or with just about ANY other sedating antihistamine than promethazine.

Na_and_borohydride_noexif.jpg

Do NOT inject codeine sham, its a prodrug for one, needs to undergo first-pass in the liver, which IV bypasses, before it turns to active substances such as morphine and various glucuronide conjugates, and injecting codeine can cause massive histamine release, sufficient to cause pulmonary oedema (medical term translation-blood plasma pours out of blood vessels rendered more permeable by the histamine release and other such proinflammatory mediators being released and fills the lungs, so you drown in your own blood plasma, as your inflamed lungs fill with fluid and you slowly drown on dry land, unable to breathe).

Did I suggest shooting codeine?!? I did not. At least not seriously. Sorry if that wasn't clear :eek:

(fwiw: i used to shoot codeine all the time and... it itches like all fukkery for a while... then knocks you out... which sounds a whole lot better than it feels i can assure you. this was way before i knew it was so dangerous - thankyou ye olde bl for informing, educating and (quite probably) saving my life for the first of many, many times <3)

6-monoacetylcodeine (which is liable to be present in any sample of codeine, unless prepared absolutely scrupulously) is basically industrial-grade itching powder in the tiniest doses (imagine touching with your genitals a workbench where someone has been cleaning something with a glass fibre pencil, then multiply that by 1000), or an anaphylactic shock waiting to happen in any measurable dose.

If you had a dental cast of your victim so you could prepare a Snickers bar to look as though they had eaten half of it, and injected the 6-MAC in a suitably-discreet place (actually, anywhere is discreet if they aren't a needle junkie so nobody is going to be looking for injection marks), you probably could commit the perfect murder. Of course, you'd then owe me mucho royalties :)

So bloody annoyed that a consequence of 'lean' and it going mainstream in the US has had a knock on effect of the availability of the chough mixture in chemists.

I had a really sweet informal agreement with a local rural chemist where they would sell me one bottle a week of Care's 15mg codiene to 5ml (600mg codiene in a 200ml bottle).
This one bottle a week was great and ran for a few years. They knew exactly why I was buying it, in fact one time for some reason after this rationing was established I inexplicably said that 'I was on a waiting list to get my tonsils removed' the chemist was more annoyed at me spinning a line of bullshit than me buying a bottle a week. I think she said something like 'yeah, well we both know this won't help, your only allowed 1 bottle a week ok?' To which I meekly agreed and bought the cough syrup.

I used to always buy something else as well like smellies, vitamins, shaving stuff etc. A couple of times I would just go to the counter with what ever I had and they would just take a bottle of the shelf without me even having to ask for it. It was so routine but even that was a bit embarrasing for both of us. Although really I wasn't made to feel uncomfortable/embarrased. It was my sole source of opiates for quite some time and because it was just 1 bottle over the weekend I never really developed a tolerance or addiction. I would pour the whole bottle into a pint glass and top up with lucozade and ice. Pure diabites in a glass. Only £4 a bottle, would kick back for an evening, get a few munchies in and settle down for a film. Was great. Totally civilised, nobody was getting harmed. Local chemist got some business. I saved a bunch because it subsituted weekend alcohol (my least favorite and most damaging drug).

A couple of years of this and I went in only to be told that they couldn't stock it anymore. I said that's a real pity and she said your not the only one to think so. Implying that in this small village there must of been at least a few others enjoying a similar arrangement.

Of course the cough syrup becoming no longer available had no impact on my psychological desire and in the absence of any real alternatives heroin was the only option. Which is a hell of a lot more expensive has no social contract and carries with it all the stigma, health and legal risks everyone I'm sure is aware of.

I'm not saying that the 600mg of codiene for £4 once a week has directly lead to a £80 a week habit. But I am saying that while it was available I didn't have the £80 a week habit. I'm trying to cut down the heroin. But it's difficult.

I tried the codiene sryup with all sorts, phenergran, dihraymine (spelling why out - but nytol), grapefruit juice, couple of other things. All bullshit. Only real potentiator, ime, was a properly empty stomache (actually buying a bottle on a Saturday and if you could cobble together the will power, saving it for first thing on a Sunday morning was a lovely buzz) but an empty stomach and a recreational amount of benzo's or pregablin were the only things I found gave it more bounce to the ounce.

Such a pity it's so hard to get now. Even online they rip the arse out of the price and many explicity say '1 bottle per household, if we find you exceed this we will impose a 50% levy on your refund' I don't even know if that's legal, but then I guess repeat buyers are highly unlikely to report them..

I know that on paper 4 or so CWE's should be the same, but in reality they aren't. Don't know why, just a fact. Would love to be able to just do the smack once a week. But it's not like that either.

Has anyone managed to really control their opiate use, keep both usage, tolerance and addiction fully in check for an indefinate period of time? If so what kind of strategy do you use?

Last edited: