View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My head´s gonna explode

Kayman

Greenlighter
Everytime I take LSD or Mushrooms at doses of 125µg> and 2g> The back of my head feels like it is going to explode. Let me explain... When I started taking psychedelics at the age of 16 this only happened when I experienced a super intense flash like uncontrollably laughing or awesome super strong visuals.
Now I´m 23 and my head frequently feels like it´s going to explode and it actually hurts. It feels like I had muscled cramps/spasm in my head.
Do anyone of you know where this is coming from? Is it dangerous ? (Blood pressure etc.)

Does this still only happen when you're on psychedelics or is it regular now? Sounds concerning I would say, headaches aren't desirable and can indicate warnings for greater issues.

Would you say you're generally comfortable with mind-altering experiences? I find for myself that physical symptoms tend to occur when I'm fighting effects, when I'm not relaxing into the mental disintegration.

Granted, blood pressures looks like a better guess. Try beta blockers while tripping?

Feeling sensations can be normal when on psychedelics. Can you say to more accuracy what it feels like? If it feels like its going to "explode" quit doing the drug!

Does this still only happen when you're on psychedelics or is it regular now? Sounds concerning I would say, headaches aren't desirable and can indicate warnings for greater issues.

Only when I´m on psychedelics.
It does only happen with LSD, ALD52, 1P-LSD, 4-HO-DMT and 4-AcO-DMT. I do psychedelics on a regular basis and in high dosages and it does never happen to me when using other substances than the ones listed before.

Would you say you're generally comfortable with mind-altering experiences? I find for myself that physical symptoms tend to occur when I'm fighting effects, when I'm not relaxing into the mental disintegration.

Granted, blood pressures looks like a better guess. Try beta blockers while tripping?

That´s what I thought too but it happens in moments when I´m totally chilled or have a really good time. Blood pressure is is mostly normal btw.

Feeling sensations can be normal when on psychedelics. Can you say to more accuracy what it feels like? If it feels like its going to "explode" quit doing the drug!

It feels like a muscle cramp/really strong and weird spasm/electrical muscle stimulation in the back of my head. I already switched substances idk why but that helped.

I think I know what you're talking about, they should be typical tension headaches. Probably associated with the elevated anxiety levels during the comeup of many psychedelics (other kinds of headaches can be more cerebral blood pressure related), and the pressure feeling can feel worrisome especially with psychedelic effects and not really being used to them. Even if they were celebral blood flow related headaches I doubt you could easily check by your BP as they can be a result of tightened or widened bloodvessels just or mostly in your brain

Just read up on tension headaches and see if there are things you can do to manage them as such. Freaking out about it is the last thing to do, although understandable.

That they can happen when you are having a good time and are chilled doesn't mean it can't have the same cause as why psychedelics can have an anxious come-up regardless of psychological anxiety. I think it's more of a physical thing due to adjusting to changes in sympathetic nerve system.

Last edited:
Actually this really makes sense to me. It would also explain why some substances do cause these headaches and some don´t. But why do they keep getting worse?