Steroids, Test, and HGH, healing properties

Jaydeeeze

Greenlighter
I am wondering if there is any benefit to steroids n test for faster healing and helping my body fight an infection. I know HGH can help a lot from what I've read and been told but was wondering about test and diff steroids. I have an infection I been fighting for a while n am on antibiotics but want to do more if I can. Before this happened I used to be on test cyp but haven't done anything in almost 18 months. A lot of my problem is my infection is in my foot and makes it hard to do anything and been in n out of the hospital for the whole 18 months I been off the stuff. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

did you get an infection from shooting up?

I would think that perhaps if its been so long with the infection you go nothing to loose , (unless it makes it much worse? do your research!)

I have low blood iron/anemia and I'm not super healthy right now because I sit a lot and don't work out.... a couple years ago I bought a bunch of androgenic steroids off the internet, and I noticed that I just felt a lot better overall , it seemed to help with the general apathy and fatigue that comes from years of drug abuse and unhealthy behavior ..... then I read that the same compound is often prescribed to people with Anemia for these similar reasons.

No my infection was from stepping on something and a hospital that made it worse. It's in the bone now and being a pain in the ass trying to get rid of.

Sorry to hear about the infection mate. I wouldn't risk using AAS - they can have pretty differential and unpredictable effects on adaptive and innate immune function (eg boosting one, tanking the other).

How is your diet? What kind of supplements do you take (if any)?

AAS, and especially HGH, have good healing properties typically although anabolics can vary depending on what you are going for.

I don't think it's what you're looking for in this case though. Possibly growth hormone but I'd focus on fixing the infection first since bone infections especially can be deadly and cause a host of other problems. Is there a reason this has been ongoing for so long and isn't resolved? Definitely not something to play around with but I'm sure you and the doctors are aware of that

All steroids reduce your immune system. There is no benefit. HGH, I do not know about. But it is a miracle for healing injuries.

Depending on dose, they don't all reduce the immune system; rather they have differential effects on it. This factor has been utilised in HIV patients, for example, to help lower viral load. It's not something OP in his condition should really be playing around with without full medical supervision though.

^I was gonna say that but figured I'd leave it to someone else. Corticosteroids will reduce immune system strength. Not as clear cut with anabolics and growth hormone has been shown to strengthen it

Yeah, AAS in the short term can modify the innate vs adaptive immune function, which can be good or bad depending on the issue, though longer term (eg people who never come off) things usually stabilise. Suppression of glucocorticoid activity is one obvious way they can attenuate immune dysfunction, although in otherwise healthy people it can also be counterproductive.

But GH and some of the secretagogues are certainly likely to help, as well as usual things like good diet, some exercise if possible, and maybe some supps like vit D, glutamine etc.

Depending on dose, they don't all reduce the immune system; rather they have differential effects on it. This factor has been utilised in HIV patients, for example, to help lower viral load. It's not something OP in his condition should really be playing around with without full medical supervision though.

There are many studies that indicate even high physiological levels of testosterone lower immune response. First google search

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-n...ean-weakened-immune-response-study-finds.html

HIV is not really relevant as that presents a whole other host of issues. It is possible that anavar does not have a pronounced effect, but that is not what the OP was referring to.

Well, thanks for doing a first Google search on the subject. If you did do a search, you'd have no doubt seen that some AAS are actually immunostimulatory, which makes your statement that all steroids reduce your immune system factually incorrect.

If you then scratched the surface even further, you'd begin to realise that they can have quite varied effects on immune function, as I stated. Again, please don't just jump in with blanket statements if you don't actually know what you're talking about.

There are many studies that indicate even high physiological levels of testosterone lower immune response. First google search

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-n...ean-weakened-immune-response-study-finds.html

HIV is not really relevant as that presents a whole other host of issues. It is possible that anavar does not have a pronounced effect, but that is not what the OP was referring to.

An interesting comment from the researchers:

From an evolutionary perspective, the immunosuppressive effects of testosterone could be advantageous as a possible homeostatic mechanism to turn off the immune response.

For instance, experiments with highly pathogenic viruses reconstructed from isolates from the 1918 influenza pandemic (which killed over 50 million people) show that infection with this strain in animal models results in an uncontrolled, deadly cytokine storm.

Furthermore, suppression of this inflammatory response in infected mice ameliorates immunopathology and decreases mortality.

It has also been noted that testosterone treatment of castrated male mice made them less susceptible to LPS-induced shock.

Because males of many species are more likely to experience trauma than females, this positive effect of testosterone may also help to balance out the consequences of reduced immunity to infection.

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/2/869.full.pdf?sid=a8c5d88b-95cb-4718-a464-f1497b6837d6

Last edited:
Well, thanks for doing a first Google search on the subject. If you did do a search, you'd have no doubt seen that some AAS are actually immunostimulatory, which makes your statement that all steroids reduce your immune system factually incorrect.

If you then scratched the surface even further, you'd begin to realise that they can have quite varied effects on immune function, as I stated. Again, please don't just jump in with blanket statements if you don't actually know what you're talking about.

I just proved wrong in another post, where you threw out a similarly needless invective.

Nandrolone is suppressive of immune response

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8788115

Nandrolone and testosterone are among the most heavily researched of modern anabolic steroids. Given the huge amount of research that went into the prior generation (oxandrolone et al), one would think pubmed would have that magical article.

The burden is on you. Suggesting that anabolic steroids boost the immune system is patently absurd, and there are evolutionary reasons as such as your fellow moderator points out.

I like this site. You're probably on gear, and it is giving you an irrational sense of self confidence. Don't let this turn into a bodybuilding site. I'm here to help this guy, and your suggestion that his is a good plan is not harm reduction. It is at best ineffective and at worst needlessly risky if not dangerous.

Chill bro. I wouldn't be posting studies if I didn't care.

^its not that cut and dry with anabolics. I would absolutely not agree that they lower immune system response but you can find sources to support both as there are many facets to the immune system. Just because AAS may cause a decrease or increase in one area doesn't mean a whole lot.

Just looking at real world applications, these drugs are given to people who with compromised immune systems all the time which wouldn't be the case if they were a detriment.

What you said:

Eryximachus said:
All steroids reduce your immune system.

Eryximachus said:
Suggesting that anabolic steroids boost the immune system is patently absurd

What I said:

CFC said:
I wouldn't risk using AAS - they can have pretty differential and unpredictable effects on adaptive and innate immune function (eg boosting one, tanking the other).

CFC said:
Depending on dose, they don't all reduce the immune system; rather they have differential effects on it.

What the research shows:

While several adverse effects of AAS abuse have been described, their effect on the immune system has not been clearly elucidated. The literature generally indicates that supraphysiologic doses of AAS with an intact steroid nucleus are immunosuppressive, that is they reduce immune cell number and function. While those with alterations to the steroid nucleus are immunostimulatory as they induce the proliferation of T cells and other immune cells.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.2478/s11535-008-0058-x

The effects of an anabolic steroid [nandrolone] on the immune activity and clinical condition of patients with cancer of the uterine cervix were studied. The effects of the steroid on tumor growth were also studied in animals. The results obtained demonstrated that the anabolic steroid (1) enhanced the activity of macrophages and cell-mediated immune activity, (2) reduced the incidence of post-operative infection, (3) reduced pose-operative loss of weight of patients due to the intrinsic anabolic activity of the steroid, and (4) did not exert any influence on tumor growth. Judging from these results, administration of the anabolic steroid would appear to be effective for the improvement of the general condition of cancer patients following surgery or in terminal cases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6486833

As an untoward effect of chronic anabolic steroid use, immunologic alterations may be induced. To evaluate this possibility five commercially available steroids with various types of structural differences were studied in male Sprague-Dawley rats. Animals were divided into five groups and treated with testosterone (Group 1), testosterone propionate (Group 2), testolactone (Group 3), oxandrolone (Group 4), and stanozolol (Group 5). Androgenic anabolic steroids were administered daily, subcutaneously dissolved in oil, at a dose of 1.1 mg/kg. Immune alterations were assessed by skin-test responses to phytohemagglutinin. After five days of treatment (1.1 mg/kg/day) a significant immuno-suppression was observed with all groups. However, by day 10, groups 3, 4, and 5 showed an immuno-stimulation. Using oxandrolone as the model stimulant, serum testosterone levels were significantly suppressed, while castration abolished the stimulatory effect. These observations indicate that immune alterations do occur with anabolic steroids which are immuno-suppressive when the steroid nucleus is intact and immuno-stimulatory with nuclear alterations. It appears that these changes are associated with altered gonadal testosterone release.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2242353

I just proved wrong in another post, where you threw out a similarly needless invective. I like this site. You're probably on gear, and it is giving you an irrational sense of self confidence. Don't let this turn into a bodybuilding site.

You made yourself look foolish due to your ignorance of the subject at hand, you mean. I can also throw out ad hominems, such as the tendency of people to feel grandiose while using stimulants then jump on our forum and troll us with blanket statements, absent of nuance, based on inadequate information and half-truths.

Eryximachus said:
I'm here to help this guy, and your suggestion that his is a good plan is not harm reduction. It is at best ineffective and at worst needlessly risky if not dangerous.

What suggestion that "his is a good plan" would that be? Do you mean this one?

CFC said:
I wouldn't risk using AAS - they can have pretty differential and unpredictable effects on adaptive and innate immune function (eg boosting one, tanking the other).

Have you noticed how my comments to this thread actually reflect the nuanced nature of the research, while yours do not? You seem to epitomise the very thing you appear to dislike about 'bodybuilding forums', and in the other thread are veering into trolling. Please stop.

Last edited:
Okay not to get off topic...but what the fuck is testolactone. I've worked with a lot of exotics but never once heard of that.

Edit, google says it's an AI. Learn something new every day.

A very old school AI yes, lol. You don't see it around anymore now we have better AI options.

Something I've had a while, seems relevant to this discussion:

Males and females differ in their immune responses, as females have been shown to develop stronger immune responses, have higher concentrations of immunoglobulins and have a higher incidence of autoimmune disorders..

Besedovsky H.O., Del Rey A., Immune-NeuroEndocrine Interactions: Facts and Hypotheses, Endocr. Rev., 1996, 17, 64-102

Bouman A., Jan Heineman M., Fass M.M., Sex hormones and the immune response in humans, Hum. Reprod. Update, 2005, 11, 411-423

This suggests that sex hormones play a role in regulating immune function. Clinical and experimental evidence suggests that gonadal steroids regulate immunological function..

Grossman C.J., Interactions between gonadal steroids and the immune system, Science, 1985, 227, 257-261

Lahita R.G., Sex steroids and rheumatic disease, Arthritis Rheum., 1985, 28, 121-126

Some studies suggest that AAS are immunosuppressive,

Fujii H., Nawa Y, Tsuchiya H., Matsuno K., Fukumoto T,. Fukuda S., et al., Effect of a single administration of testosterone on the immune response and lymphoid tissues in mice, Cell.
Immunol., 1975, 20, 315-326

Hirota Y., Suzuki T., Chayano Y., Bito Y., Humoral immune responses characteristic of testosterone propionate-treated chickens, Immunology, 1976, 30, 341-348

Schuurs A.H., Verheul H.A.M., Effects of gender and sex steroids on the immune response, J. Steroid Biochem., 1990, 35, 157-172

while others suggest that AAS enhance immune function.. (take note you cocky twat)..!!

Calabrese L.H., Kleiner S.M., Barna B.P., Skibinski C.I, Kirkendall D.T., Lahita R.G., et al., The effects of anabolic steroids and strength training on the human immune response, Med. Sci. Sport Exerc., 1989, 21, 386-392

However, the nature of their effects on the immune system depends on the type of AAS used and the dose and timing of administration. It has been shown that different AAS can act in either immunosuppressive or immunostimulatory manner [52,102,103,107].

Hughes T.K., Fulep E., Juelich T., Smith E.M., Stanton G.J., Modulation of immune responses by anabolic androgenic steroids, Int. J. Immunopharmacol., 1995, 17, 857-863

Fujii H., Nawa Y, Tsuchiya H., Matsuno K., Fukumoto T,. Fukuda S., et al., Effect of a single administration of testosterone on the immune response and lymphoid tissues in mice, Cell.
Immunol., 1975, 20, 315-326

Mendenhall C.L., Grossman C.J., Roselle G.A., Hertelendy Z., Ghosn S.J., Lamping K., et al., Anabolic Steroid Effects on Immune Function: Differences between analogues, J. Steroid
Biochem. Molec. Biol., 1990, 37, 71-76

Malcolmson C., Satra C., Kantaria S., Sidhu A., Lawrence M.J., Effect of oil on the level of solubilization of testosterone propionate into oil in-water microemulsions, J. Pharm. Sci., 1997, 87, 109-116

In summary, the literature concludes that AAS use influences immunological function. However, their effects vary according to the dose and type of AAS administered. The vast majority of studies suggest that AAS use decreases antibody formation, NK activity, T and B lymphocyte maturation and stimulation resulting in immunosuppression. Further, supraphysiologic doses of common AAS have been shown to directly influence the production of certain cytokines, altering immune function...

https://link.springer.com/article/10.2478/s11535-008-0058-x