Speedball Reduction

Jodorowsky71

Greenlighter
When writing on forums, I have a tendency to go ON & ON, with numerous tangents throughout. I'm not going to do that here; I need the advice of you wise minds, so I'll cut to it...

I've had a speedball habit for about a year now. I'm at the point where I'm IV'ing about 7/8x a day, each time with one lil wrap of heroin and two of crack.

I've simply had enough of it all and want out, however I have ONE QUESTION: do you think it'd be better to reduce slowly and stop the crack and IV'ing for a month or two, sticking to H on the foil?

Would that be a better chance to get the cocaine out my system, then when Ive just been using gear for a while, try and get myself on my Subutex program?

I'm just not sure what to do and whether reduction is a better option than attempting to stop both...

Stopping using drug IV would be a good place to start. I can't really say that smoking H is a good idea though, as it still is using H which is pretty dangerous. Smoking is definitely safer than injecting it though.

Methadone or subutex I would think would be a good alternative.

Ultimately stopping both would be the best for you in the long run assuming you can cope with the nasty WDs that are sure to follow. If you are using 7-8 times in a day I'd imagine you are feeling the WDs to some degree already.

I think the best advice would be to check into an inpatient rehab if at all possible.

If rehab or going clean isn't an option for you then I'd imagine that reducing your consumption and changing the ROA to be the next best thing. All things considered, I would think cutting out the crack and smoking H until you can get into a clinic would be the next best thing.

Take care of yourself man. Let us know how things go.

Agree with the post above. Unfortunately there isn't going to be a painless way out of this habit, it's gonna suck for a while before it gets better. I personally think inpatient would be a great place to break free from the shackles of active addiction, especially from hard drugs like heroin. Best of luck buddy, you can do this, and once it's over you'll be happy you did it-- I can guarantee that.

the fact that you were using crack ALWAY at the same time as the heroin , MIGHT make your physical heroin withdrawals a little less intense.... the effects of the stimulation might have dampened the CNS depression caused by the H a good bit.

I've simply had enough of it all and want out...

Congratulations on clearing the space in your mind to tackle your addiction. I cannot speak to your question but I know other good people will. I simply wanted to comment on your courage and let you know that lots of people here use their threads for daily support. I hope you will feel free to use Bluelight for support as well as for information.<3

Greetings all! It's daunting, to say the least, how my initial question above was posted back in 2017 and here now, all the way forward in 2020, I find myself in the very same situation; as though absolutely nothing has changed in the ensuing three years. Well, that thankfully isn't entirely true, yet the primary element remains so; still using both heroin and crack cocaine in speedball combo, always IV'd.

The aspects that have changed are my reliant Subutex prescription (10mg daily, weekly collection but seldom used) from my local drug & alcohol centre; my fairly new college course in Level 3 Counseling (started last November and a year long) and my part-time job (all three, of which, I didn't have when I made my first post in 2017). All of these things have certainly been a great boost to my mental wellbeing and personal motivation. Unfortunately, I'm still a prisoner to my own addictions. Despite the fact my mental health has greatly improved, to the point where it doesn't feel like opiates are needed to ease the unhappiness, my mind is still simply chemically captive, tied to the ritual and high of crack when being injected.

This has been a problem full stop, however appears to myself more exposed and problematic because of the horror that's occurring globally at present. COVID has rendered my college classes cancelled, my therapy sessions rescheduled (for when, who knows!), N/A meetings unavailable and all drugs, potentially even more worrying! Incidentally, I hope one and all of you are keeping safe and are finding ways to cope as best you can; I'll be keeping an eye on the forums, as imagine mental health is really taking a worrying hit during all this shit-show!

That was just a quick update, I guess. Though I have one main question actually:

If I were to try and go cold-turkey on the speedballs, is it ever said to be REALLY dangerous? Like, is stopping crack use suddenly renowned for being extremely dangerous to the mind and body?

All the best everybody! Thanks in advance for any help and replies!!