• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how much percocet is too much? need help from my percocet users

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaVii

Bluelighter
Hey guys i need help asap. I havent been on in a long time but im gonna try to keep this short. basically i just got my right overie removed and they gave me percoet for it. Some of you know me and know that im a heavy percocet user. Im definently not nieve to it. but the instructions say take one to two every four to six hours. they are the 5/325 ones. but i took two this morning and since im such a heavy user it didnt do anything for me. i have never gone over more than two and a half pills before, i just break one in half. but i wanted to try taking three of them the 5/325 to see if that helped more. so basically i was wondering what the effects of taking three of them would be and if i would be at a high risk of overdose if i did this. i definently dont want to die from taking percocet but i dont want to be in so much pain i cant move either. no i cannot call my doctor their office is closed. if anyone has over done percoet please let me know how much you have taken and what the effects were and if anyone would think this would be safe. thank you
panda bear

Relatively speaking, you're not a heavy user of Oxycodone (Percocet, Oxycontin). Opioids are nothing to joke around with, so kudos to you for being diligent in determining the appropriate amount to be using. So I know, why do you consider yourself to be "such a heavy user"? These dosages are relatively minor and someone with a "moderate" tolerance to Oxycodone will be taking about ten times your average dose per day. I'm not trying to belittle you, I'm hoping this makes you feel a little bit better about yourself and your situation.

Truthfully, you have some room to experiment. As a general rule, if say, 10mg Oxycodone is enough to produce a decent level of analgesia without extreme sedation, it's unlikely that even several times that amount in one go would kill you. You should be perfectly fine upping the dosage slightly. Despite what the news would have you believe, lethal Opioid overdose is not nearly as "accidental" or "unexpected" as you might think, especially when dealing with pre-portioned dosage units.

Agreed with keif. If you're really looking for pain relief only, take as many as you need to until the pain is manageable. You're in no danger of OD that way.

Really the only real "danger" is running out of your prescription too early.

My doctor actually has me on a weining schedule and I have quite a bit of comfortable room, she gave me enough to have up to ten pills per day so im not worried about running out too soon. but you both have made me feel a lot better and comfortable about the situation. thank you guys very much, i do appriciate it. and i only consider myself a heavy user because iv been on them for so freaking long, not because i take high amounts. iv been on percocet for about five to six months straight and three years on and off. but i try not to ever go over the instructed doses im scared of OD two of my aunts died a few years back from oxycodone overdose. so it makes me a little anxious and uncomfortable. but i do appriciate all the advice you both have provided me with. :)

Your doctor must be your best friend. You only need like 3 a day yet your doc prescribed you 10 a day so you don't run out? This sounds completely ludicrous, either your doctor doesn't know jack about these meds or they don't really care if they overprescribe.

Also I'm also not trying to belittle you but 6 months strait is not a terribly long time, three years would be if you had been taking them everyday.

Your doctor must be your best friend. You only need like 3 a day yet your doc prescribed you 10 a day so you don't run out? This sounds completely ludicrous, either your doctor doesn't know jack about these meds or they don't really care if they overprescribe.
That seems odd to me as well because the doctor could have prescribed 10/325 instead of the 5 mg. That way you're not using so much acetaminophen. The logic of doctors sometimes baffles me. Either way, I think you will be okay to take another tablet. Just be careful not to exceed three in one sitting.

The OP is kidding right ?? No way their post is serious! If you even spent a day reading posts, you would see that many members have habits that compromise of 40-240 mgs/day depending on their disposable income or availability via physician ( though thats getting thin) or from other sources. Yet you're worrying about OD'ing on 5 extra ? 5, 5?? mgs of oxy. No!
The usual prescribed dose from a sympathetic or well known GP is 2-3 (5 mgs tabs) 3x/daily

well my doctor is weening me so i dont go through withdrawal. i started on 2 3/325 daily from the surgery but i think she knew i was taking more so she is weining me from taking three doses of 5s three times daily so she wanted to make sure that i had enough. and then next week i drop to 9 pills per day and the week after that 8 per day and so on and so forth. she just wanted to give me some cushion room to make sure i didn't run out because she knew id being going through withdrawal and with my surgery it would be a very uncomfortable situation. and no worries your not belittling me by saying im not completely an addict. im definently okay with that lol. and yes im serious, i have a low tolerance as i said before i have never gone over two and a half pills a day and i do not want acemetaphine toxicity. so yes i am concerned as my liver is already not my best friend. and no i dont spend all day on bluelight reading threads. lmao

Ohh so you take 9 of these 5/325 pills a day. That's a little different, I don't think you'll have any issues adding a few more pills a day, at least no OD concerns.

My situation is very different from yours but I've jumped from 50mg to 90mg of hydrocodone in a matter of days with no serious complications. As long as you have a minimal to moderate tolerance most opiates actually have good safety profile in terms of increasing doses by a fair amount. That's not to encourage reckless dose increase, but a moderate dose increase with known doses like in the case with modern pharmaceuticals can be facilitated quite safely.

Addiction to the pills is a different story. If you are adding more pills solely for the purpose of pain relief that is something you should talk with your doctor about.

Sorry PandaVi , just wishing I could go so low. You'll be fine. I don't drink and eat real well and exercise. Plus I'm tapering off of my oxy's so I should be off by summer of 2018~ fingers crossed.

To the OP~ 9 of the 5/325 percs a day isn't a horrific amount of OXYCODONE. BUT you have to be careful with that acetaminophen/Tylenol. That's 2925 mg in a day if my quick head math is correct. Daily for months or even weeks of 3000+mg of that can be very dangerous.

My doctor actually has me on a weining schedule and I have quite a bit of comfortable room, she gave me enough to have up to ten pills per day so im not worried about running out too soon. but you both have made me feel a lot better and comfortable about the situation. thank you guys very much, i do appriciate it. and i only consider myself a heavy user because iv been on them for so freaking long, not because i take high amounts. iv been on percocet for about five to six months straight and three years on and off. but i try not to ever go over the instructed doses im scared of OD two of my aunts died a few years back from oxycodone overdose. so it makes me a little anxious and uncomfortable. but i do appriciate all the advice you both have provided me with. :)

I know in Canada (well Ontario anyway) Doctors are only supposed to prescribe 8 - 5/325 Percocets daily. Taking more than that is supposed to be bad for your liver. I think it's about the APAP though.

You don't have to worry about ODing at those dosages, I'm not dependant and my baseline tolerance can handle up to 30 mgs before I start to feel nauseous.

I go through 90 norco pills in a day and a half which I know ridiculously insane but what effects one as dangerous is fine for someone else
I have a seizure disorder and Movement disorder so using drugs increases my seizure chance

My biggest concern is the acetaminophen. I know that cold water extraction is possible but every time I've tried it I get unsure of whether or not it actually worked and end up taking the whole thing.

Not condoning going off the path of your doctors orders, but you would be totally fine taking 4 of those 512's at once. Every 6-8 hours . Wow this post really puts my usage / tolerance in perspective. I can if I had to and I have in the past did the equivalent of 60-72 of those 512's IN ONE Day!!!! . In the form of the perc 30's. That's sickening. Wow .

I am trying to do the right thing. It's really hard especially when BOTH of my parents were addicts . Along with most of my family

I would extract the acetaminophen out of percocets and take 10-15 at once , the 10/325 , 3 of the 5/325 is. Not a risk for you just watch out for the acetaminophen I? believe the max single dose is 1000mg anything above 3 pills I’d consider a cold water extract to protect your internal organs

I think given the fact that OP's initial issue has been more or less resolved to the fullest extent possible, I'm going to go ahead and close this. To summarize what we have described in the thread, Acetaminophen (APAP) is harmful to the liver and is really not to be toyed with. We need to keep in mind the difference between acute and chronic poisoning with this stuff, as a lot of people, believe it or not, will say "well, I'm alive, so all is well", as evidence that they have not damaged their liver. This is a dangerous mentality and if you have your long-term health in mind, you need to try to limit your intake of APAP as much as possible.

Luckily, there is no practical reason why, in this day and age, folks should be consuming excessive amounts of Acetaminophen, given the fact that the Cold Water Extraction is a facile process that can be undertaken by just about anybody, in just about any situation. Basically, if you cannot perform the Cold Water Extraction in your current circumstance, there's hardly ever a practical reason to not wait until you can. If you can't, then I feel you have little respect for your body.

Here is just one of many great and informative guides that thoroughly describe the process:

https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/Cold_Water_Extraction

If for some reason you have questions regarding the process you can let any of us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.