• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Drugs stored in body, mouths or even years after administration, flashback

kingqueen1

Bluelighter
It probably a subject that had been talked a bit, however it hard to find any article about drugs that is released in the bloodstream long time after administration and different symptoms occuring, does flashback could be attributed to the body getting rid of toxins accumalated much prior the event

What about bone marrow ? I recall stories about methadone getting into bone marrow and staying there forever. A myth ?

Well the acid flashbacks is quite a cliche however iam not talking about having full trip randomly even though i remember soon after i started Mdma i got a flashback for sure, but i was more hoping for a subject in relation with body detoxification, past trauma healing and so chemicals and heavy metal release, mostly from fat, joint. Having lost a lot of weight, i precise iam kind of skinny at first, i do have lot of mind changing effect occuring during the day, and suspected some chemicals released from long time. I'll try to find some article from nathuropathist that talk about drugs release and other toxins when the body detoxify

Body detoxification is not a thing unless your kidneys are failing or you've been poisoned/exposed to heavy metals.

Most drugs clear your system quite rapidly.

I would investigate mental illnesses and seek out psychiatric advice instead of a natural approach to ridding your body of perceived toxins.

Acid flashbacks or flashbacks from other serotogenic psychedelics are essentially a myth, and it's not stored in your spine....... and you simply cannot begin full on tripping again no matter how many times you crack your back. I promise. No psychoactive that I am aware of could be stored in the body for long periods of time and then released again. I can't definitively say that there's no way that such a drug exists, because there are new substances being created all the time. However, it would be very rare if it happens at all...... because as others have said, the body is very good at getting rid of psychoactive substances.

As far as the mind changing state, it is most likely all in your head. If it is causing you problems or you are concerned about it, I'd recommend seeing either a doctor or psychologist/psychiatrist since naturopathy is primarily a field of con artists IMO. However, it probably isn't related to substances being re-released into the body. That would be very rare and may not be physically possible even theoretically.

As for the MDMA "flashback", I've experienced similar things after tripping. Not with MDMA as I haven't done it yet (definitely would though if I came across it =D), but I have had psychedelic like states while high. It's just that somehow you're able to flip into certain aspects of that mindset and make it seem like you're tripping. After I've tripped, I've even had mild visuals while high. Not full on psychedelic visuals but just CEVs, really sharp vision (e.g. way sharper than weed would make it prior to tripping, maybe even better than 20/20 it seemed), and even psychedelic esque colors/slight moving and shifting of objects. Many friends of mine have also said that weed changed for them after tripping, and I have heard similar things from some people I knew who took MDMA. That it's different after psychedelics. A friend of mine who used to do a lot of PCP said that he couldn't even smoke weed anymore after he stopped taking PCP because he'd feel like he was back on PCP again and start freaking out.