European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opium - What's the skinny?

Ismene

Bluelighter
Anyone any experience with opium? I don't mean the dreaded poppy tea - I mean the Afghani Thunderfuck - rich black opium direct from Mullah Omars personal stash or some bollocks - 1 gram. Any ideas on dosage smoking or (probably more likely) eating? Never been able to get anything but a headache from morphine or heroin but I did get a few nice times from poppy tea back in the day, when we were young.

I used to use it like hash - just sprinkle some in a spliff or a pipe and smoke until you're where you want to be. I loved the stuff...

I have had it quite a bit. Black stuff up in the Golden Triangle with the hill tribes but without doubt the best was through a connection i made on an old weed website Overgrow who was a CSIRO scientist and had access to seeds for poppies with the highest alkaloid content. He grew them in his front yard and refined the gum. It was a reddish colour and tasted sickly sweet. Took a while to gauge the potency. First few goes resulted in major vomit action. Eventually got the hang of it. Never enjoyed heroin but opium was quite nice.

I think the best way to enjoy smoking opium is to mix it with hashish (opium and black hotknives are the tits). There's definitely a synergy between the two...

Just trying out a bit of poppy tea from pods I grew earlier in the year. Five dried pods stripped of stalks and crowns then ground in pestle and mortar and simmered for twenty minutes in a pan of water, strained then drunk. Surprisingly pleasant tasting - not bitter at all. Kicking in nicely now and so far a much more pleasant experience than liquidised fresh material.

My heavy cold has suddenly disappeared... ;)

Last edited:
It's nearly harvest season, a certain dried flower provider usually gets a barns worth something in the next couple of month. Totally suss as fuck though, postman just looked at me with a 'what the actual fuck' when he was dropping of giant rattling burlap sacks full of pods lol. I would stick them in a grinder, mix into a yogurt a drift off. Although as the tolerance went up I did end up in another realm of ass agony. Passed an at least 18 inch 4inch thick steel pipe dump embedded with serrated vegtable matter. Tears streaming down my face. And of course you can't get sympathy from anyone. Like to try some opium. Have to admit past most I have indulged in some delicious smack. Trying to be ultra responsible. The Afgan stuff was just way way to powerful for me, being fairly new - as in not having others measure my doses - I dumped out what seemed like a reasonable amount (0.2 maybe?) 5 draws and I literally woke up the next day! Have found very reasonable Turkish stuff that suits me real well. 0.05, smoked properly just makes me feel like the ready brek kid. I think 'noding' is over-rated. But the fuck I know. Might have to bounce over to the H thread see about some harm reduction tips. Would really like to try opium. I would like to eat it I think.

neverreally had the opportunity, managed to reduce down the liquid from PST once and get a small amount of.. something. smoked it in a rollie and did feel relaxed and a bit nice but this was way back when i had no opiate tolerance and it was probs placebo anyway. and yeah me too sharapovafirstpump, i think i would like to eat some - saw a big lump of it on TV the police in Oz had recovered, so black and shiny and sticky looking i just wanted to give it a great big lick :D
how is it to eat? if it could be done?
and could it be chased off of foil like b? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Had it several times and it is feckin' lushy as all fukkery imo. Far closer to the "classical" descriptions of poppy product than any of the more producty products are. I personally mostly liked to chase it off tinfoil or smoke in a pipe, but it also works nicely in a spliff. First two options are a lot better though ;)

As for dose, how long is a piece of string. Totally depends on purity and personal tolerance. A gramme should be plenty to enjoy sampling for a couple days or so though.

As said above, sprinkle in a spliff if possible (or rollie), though have never tried any other route.

If it is homegrown, it needs treating with hot water first, a rapid boil to get the plant matter tacky gummy scum to rise to the surface and skim it off (don't discard, dry it out until there is loads and use this dross for an alkaloid extraction) before it can be smoked. Very nice stuff it is too when well done. Lovely flowery scent, quite unlike the raw latex, or pod tea, which stinks something both unique and absolutely utterly fucking foul. Fresh pods are the ones that stink, god...that smell is AWFUL, makes my gorge rise so badly I make pod tea wearing a gas mask to filter out the stench :p

for a a lengthy session dissolve 1/4g in a tot of brandy rely dreamy. smoking is hard to get right and wasteful if you dont have the technique

Needs a lot orally though, the oral BA of morphine is really dismal. Dissolved and plugged (not in brandy obviously, owch!) ought to do things better with less.

And if several grams of opium are available then its getting worth extracting and refining to something that can be acylated and shot (taking account of removing codeine of course)
Pretty nice stuff when done right too. First time ended up using something like the propionylated version of 'black tar' heroin, at least from what I've read of black tar, as found in the US, never heard of it being a UK product though [is it over here on the street in UK, acetylated black tar that is? or is it one of those regional things]

Fair bit of histamine release, presumably codeine removal was incomplete, but no harm done, and it had a pretty potent kick to it. Subsequent tests were worked up until cleaner.

Anybody else find pod tea or oral opium to last a lot longer than oral morphine or/and codeine?

Needs a lot orally though, the oral BA of morphine is really dismal. Dissolved and plugged (not in brandy obviously, owch!) ought to do things better with less.

And if several grams of opium are available then its getting worth extracting and refining to something that can be acylated and shot (taking account of removing codeine of course)
Pretty nice stuff when done right too. First time ended up using something like the propionylated version of 'black tar' heroin, at least from what I've read of black tar, as found in the US, never heard of it being a UK product though [is it over here on the street in UK, acetylated black tar that is? or is it one of those regional things]

Fair bit of histamine release, presumably codeine removal was incomplete, but no harm done, and it had a pretty potent kick to it. Subsequent tests were worked up until cleaner.

Anybody else find pod tea or oral opium to last a lot longer than oral morphine or/and codeine?

From everything I've read, the rectal BA of morphine isn't significantly greater than the oral though.

Also, when you said codeine removal wasn't complete but no harm done sounds a bit iffy. There is a pretty significant risk of pulmonary oedema from IV codeine....which can end quite badly.

On a slightly different note, I wondered if anyone who was into such things as IV fent, ketamine and midaz had ever done these things simultaneously as is done during a RSI (rapid sequence induction). Ive seen the air support guys do that a few times and doesn't look terribly pleasant TBH but to each their own etc.

I mean there can't have been much left, since the result was just a lot of prickling in hands and face, comparable to a large IV morphine dose in a tolerant user. Up the arse does work better for morphine than orally. IIRC its not dissimilar to the IM route.

And from experience, it isn't quite as effective but anything, is an awful lot better in the case of morphine than by mouth, its of little use orally. Although plugging is likely to take the effects of the codeine out of the equation.

Anybody got anything to say about a strong, evaporated down portion of pod tea up there? never tried, but reduced down to 20ml or so slowly to avoid heating as much as possible, maybe assisted with an aspirator vacuum for distillation off of the H2O [which if any goods carried over in the receiver would easily be detectable from the very bitter taste of morphine]