• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't get even a little buzz anymore

Jaydeeeze

Greenlighter
I think I'm posting in the right place. I am sure some of u are probably going to think I'm doing something wrong or bullshitting probably but this is my situation. I have been on subutex for a few years (5-6). I am perscribed 90 8mg subs a month. About a year ago I got a bad infection in my foot from stepping on something. The hospital I went to ended up giving me MRSA and long story short I have a pic line in my arm for daily injections and IV's I have to give myself. Well I got bored and read up on shooting subs and figured I'd give it a shot. It worked ok and I was able to get a nice buzz from 1 1/2-2 and then 3 n then 4-5-6. I don't do it everyday and still make my script last 30-40 days every month. Well the last few times I've done it I haven't got anything. No buzz no light headedness or anything at all. From the infection I have I been in some serious pain because it got in some bones n the bones broke just from walking on them. I even had surgery to remove 1 of the broken bones in my foot because it was to broken to fix. So at my last doctors apt I told my doctor and he gave me 10 50mcg Fentanyl patches. So I figured it had been about 2 weeks since I shot any subs I'd just have fun with my Fent instead. Well here comes the weird part. I have tried everything. I have 2 on right now, I tried to smoke 2 last night and sucked 1 dry along with the 2 empties and nothing. Not even a slight buzz or feeling of anything. I think I broke myself or something because I have never heard of fent not doing anything to somebody especially the amount that I took. Is it something in the subs that is keeping me from getting a buzz or did I break myself somehow. I could really use some advice.

Just curious... Have you been prescribed the 24mg consistently for the past five years? Also, have you tried any other type of painkiller along the lines?

Being off subs for two weeks seems like more than enough time to catch a buzz; especially from multiple fentanyl patches. I've heard, and I'm sure someone here could provide a scientific analysis, that some people are morphine "resistant". I could be wrong but I think it was in WW2 that they discovered a good amount of GIs were being stuck multiple times and were feeling no sort of relief.

Were I you I'd head back to the hospital and tell them the situation. Maybe they'll guinea pig you and load you up as an experiment.

Yes I've been perscribed the 24 mg for the past 5 years. I used to do percs and fent before the subutex. I didn't stop the subutex completely for the 2 weeks. I would take 1/2 pill to 1 pill a day sublingual just because I'm so used to the taste of it and thought I might have some withdraws if I didn't. When I was in the hospital for surgery on my foot they tried all types of shit but nothing seemed to make me feel any diff. I just got done banging 7 subs and I clogged my dam pic line for a little bit on the 6th n when I finally took the 7th I felt it a little bit and am a little tired and relaxed now. What do u think is the best way to do my last few fent patches so I don't just waste them like I did the last 5.

I don't want to tell the doctors at the hospital anything because I have the pic line in my arm. They will freak out n take it out n I'd have to stay in the hospital for my antibiotics.

Anybody have any suggestions for the last 3 fent patches I have left? I have the brand Actavis 50mcg with gel in them. I tried everything from wearing 2-3, smoking 2 and eating 1 plus sucking on a empty.

Hey Jay, and a belated welcome to the forums if you have yet to be formally welcomed. Kindly lay out in a more concise format exactly what your intake of (any and all) Opioids has been for the past several days. This would definitely help provide you with answers that are maybe a little more precise, however, it's going to be difficult even with all of the information we're after.

Firstly, my advice would be to not use the Fentanyl patches until you've been free from Buprenorphine for 72 hours. Given the relatively high (the highest actually) dosage of Buprenorphine that you take on a regular basis, you shouldn't be surprised by this outcome. Buprenorphine is a wonderfully effective medication for putting your life back together following a dependency, but if you're the type of person who is going to require Opioid analgesics for whatever reason, it can be dangerous. I'm not saying that there are "no options", but the vast majority of MD's have a totally unsatisfactory knowledge of medicating Buprenorphine-tolerant patients. Hell, for many MD's, being a Buprenorphine-maintained patient is enough rationale to deny you any kind of Opioid medication.

In the best of circumstances, you will encounter a compassionate MD who is willing to look at your case without judgement, but that is not usually how it plays out. If you are in very serious pain, I would recommend waiting until you're in agony before breaking into the Fentanyl.

Thanks. The doctor I see who I get my subutex from is the same doctor I've been going to for years since I got hurt in 2010 and needed to get off the stuff work comp had me on. He knows me and my issues very well and just to give u a little insight into what has happened to me recently is the infection I had spread to the bones in my foot n just from walking on them I shattered 3-4 bones and my second medatarsal was so badly broken they actually had to go in and remove the whole rest of the bone because it kept on splintering and messing up other stuff. It actually splintered and a piece go wedged in my big toe socket and dislocated my big toe and really messed up the bones that hold together my big toe. And to top all this off I am In south FL and just got done going through hurricane Irma and had to put up a ton of hurricane shutters and do a ton of stuff to my house and by being on my foot for a while before the hurricane I was in some serious pain and was having a lot of trouble even walking. That's why he gave me the fent. I appreciate the advise and to answer your question of all opiots I've taken in the past month or even months is none. I usually stick to my subs because unless I'm able to get a shitload of something it usually doesn't have any affect on me. After I shoot some subs I am usually good for 2 days before I have to take 1 but I will try to see if I can wait 3 days witch is tomorrow night before I take the rest of the fent I have. I thought since subs didn't have naloxone that they wouldn't block the effect of the fent patches. I been reading up on shooting the fent patches and from what I've read it looks pretty risky and I can't seem to find a set way to do it with the gel filled patches. It seems that there are diff opinions on doing it from using equally parts water and gel n heating it up for a sec, and I've read something about using vinegar and another using alcohol or something. But I don't think anybody ever finally agreed on the best way that I read anyway.

With someone who isn't and is armed with Naloxone and a charged phone. Sorry to hear about that painful foot but heating pads, using the patch on slightly abraded skin or other less drastic methods before moving on to shooting fent.

When I was on subs for a couple years I noticed I wasn't getting high from them anymore either, so I would wait as long into the withdrawal process as possible.... I would set new records for the amount of hours/days since I last took bupe.... I would be really getting quite sick and low emotional wise before finally taking some... the relief coupled with the effect of the bupe was always awesome , the longer I would wait into the withdrawal, the better the high... my doctor told me this practice was unhealthy, but to me whats unhealthy is taking higher and higher doses of sub and fucking up your body.... the amounts i was taking was 2-3 mg at a time tops .... i found that higher doses didn't neccesarily get you high, and actually made me feel worse.

Subutex is definately a "less is more" drug.
To the gentleman what described the waiting periods in post above-

you a better man then i Gungadin.

Well I waited a few days to see if anybody responded to me asking how to shoot it. I decided to try putting the gel on a spoon with close to the same amount of sodium chloride (the stuff I inject in my IV to flush it n they give u in the hospital to hydrate you) and heat it until it boiled for a second. It didn't seem to mix well with the water but after mixing them together it seemed easier to be able to pull the mixture into the syringe. I used the plastic part of the syringe without the tip on to mix it n scrape the spoon because some of the gel was stuck to the spoon I guess from heating it. After I pulled it into the syringe I could see little flakes of stuff floating in the water. I did 1/2 at a time to start to see if I felt anything. The first half of a 50mcg patch I felt a tiny bit. The second half I felt it and it seemed to last for an hour or 2 until I fell asleep. It didn't make me all messed up like I thought it would. It relaxed me and made my pain go away for a while. I guess my tolerance is just so high that anything I do I need to do a shitload of it to feel. I'm also not small. I'm 6,5 255-265 and have used a ton of shit in the past few years so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.