• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is marijuana addiction serious or real?

I've been tapering for the past year with a good amount of success. Yes, my taper schedule is slow as fuck but that's what happens when you develop an addiction and ignore it for 25 years.

Yeah it's serious. Some people compulsively smoke it and it interferes with their lives etc.
Is it life threatening serious? No.

I never had an issue with it. I smoke daily and do look forward to it after work as a means to relax however that is usually after a full day of being productive. Lately I have been getting up really early 530-615am, about 30-45 minutes earlier then normal and have been smoking in the morning. This is not why I've been waking up early but a function of me having cleaned the apartment and gotten ready for work long before my 9am shift, I am going to join a gym in 2 weeks hopefully to have a reason to be up so early.

To be honest as an adult that has gone through actual drug addiction i have little issue mitigating my marijuana consumption by doing things like running after work and thinking about future plans. Its pretty easy to prolong gratification when you are trying to save money for future plans. The thing is I've reduced my consumption to about 40-50 dollars a week so it is fairly insignificant.

It depends on the person. I hate smoking if i have anything productive to do, so I never really have an issue... beyond wanting that small amount to help sleep.

Euh...

Welcome to the perpetual Wall of Shame ... again.

M'well, do alcohol users drink directly from the bottle?? Nope, i don't think so. Hence, why is it still OKay in the 21st century to continue representing "stoners"/"droÿés" who are smoking dirty-fat bats when i could be happy with just a dozen vaporist 20 mg tokes per day?...

In other words i'm hoping the consumption method gets corrected someday somehow so we can finally say good bye to the persent self-vilification era.

Euh...

according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders- yes. Really, by definition, I don't see how it can be argued that it has no possibility for addiction. "Compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli" would define many peoples use of cannabis.

Is everyone that uses cannabis an addict? No. Not everyone who drinks, gambles, has sex or eats food is an addict.

Is it serious? Well it's real and it can be problematic so yeah it is serious. I wouldn't say it's as serious as a bad meth or heroin habit, but it can interfere with one's life. People can lose jobs or relationships because of it- and not just because it's taboo because heavy use definitely changes behavior.

Salutations Mafioso,

1st question: how does the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders" compare to Trudeau's "science"? Or that of doctor John Warnock who never cared to learn how to discuss without a translator with his patients of the Cairo assylum before his so-called medical/scientific thoughts on "Hasheesh Insanity" got published?...

2nd question: how many Canuck people used cannabis? How many got seriously addicted for real?? How many did it correctly without implying multi-intoxication, socio-toxic contamination from inapropriate bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists??? Etc.

3rd question: does "saving" 1 single teenager from showing up in those less-than-acurate statistics still justify killing by police of an unarmed man who's searched body didn't produce any evidence of proportional importance?! (or none actually)

Bonus question: how much did it cost last year to "save" 1 kid on planet Itnoc? How many were saved? How many humans killed, directly or indirectly related?... Etc.

Or is it all little more than serving inflamatory speech which traditionally leads to lasting/permanent consequences of disproportionate/unreasonable force?... Just curious.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Salutations Mafioso,

1st question: how does the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders" compare to Trudeau's "science"? Or that of doctor John Warnock who never cared to learn how to discuss without a translator with his patients of the Cairo assylum before his so-called medical/scientific thoughts on "Hasheesh Insanity" got published?...

2nd question: how many Canuck people used cannabis? How many got seriously addicted for real?? How many did it correctly without implying multi-intoxication, socio-toxic contamination from inapropriate bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists??? Etc.

3rd question: does "saving" 1 single teenager from showing up in those less-than-acurate statistics still justify killing by police of an unarmed man who's searched body didn't produce any evidence of proportional importance?! (or none actually)

Bonus question: how much did it cost last year to "save" 1 kid on planet Itnoc? How many were saved? How many humans killed, directly or indirectly related?... Etc.

Or is it all little more than serving inflamatory speech which traditionally leads to lasting/permanent consequences of disproportionate/unreasonable force?... Just curious.

Good day, have fun!! =D

If you are attempting to discredit what I said and what I sourced, why don't you answer your own questions as they seem very directive and as if you are trying to use them to make a very specific point... Why play games? Just come out and say what it is you believe.

If you're questioning the integrity of the DSM, then you might as well question the integrity of everyone who works in the mental health field in the U.S. because it is the standard. It isn't written by one source either, so alluding that it may be biased is alluding to a vast conspiracy of doctors and researchers over decades.... Also, if it might be important to note that it only has a few pages if that on cannabis addiction... so it is far from anti-cannabis propaganda, if that is what you are trying to allude.

Never said nor implied that everyone who uses cannabis becomes addicted, just stated the fact that it is possible to become addicted. It has nothing to do with inflammatory speech. There was nothing inflammatory about my statement.

Salutations Mafioso,

Why play games?

THE ONLY "GAME" PLAYED HERE IS *YOU* PREFORMING TOPIC STEERING, TRYING TO DIVERT ATTENTION BY FOCUSSING ON THE AUTHOR RATHER THAN HAVING TO ADDRESS THE SUBJECT...

WHICH IS WHY YOU STILL REMAIN ON MY IGNORE LIST. NONETHELESS...

Good day, have fun!! =D

lol.... this guy....

I had thought the topic was cannabis addiction, not rhetoric and propaganda... but ok dude.

For me, sure. At my previous job the head manager would take me out for lunch and a smoke about once a month. Now that I am currently my own manager I do the same thing for myself.

Still at it Mafioso?...

I had thought the topic was cannabis addiction...

M'yeah, there's that thing call perceptive distortion which separates us i guess.

At some point it was argued that "addiction" to cannabis was "real".

Hence i ask HOW REAL???

What you're problem putting that in clear statistics which everyone understands, rather than continue to focus on personal attacks??

But you've got to get that trophy, am i not right?!...

Anyway. Lets say were're 60 % of the Canuck population to have inhaled at least once in our entire lives, then 2.2 % of this group (go figure why not...) has been in "trouble" because of cannabis, one way or another (discipline at school, whatever)... then only, say, 1 tenth of a percent from this sub-group has actually displayed clinical signs of "addiction" as definined by our elite doctors, the same kind of guys who once declared "Indian Hemp" as "Poison", and i repeat: besides arsenic and cyanure!... Then the national ban of 1923, In The Name Of Children, etc., etc... Euh... Then, after all the math how does it boil down to when the time comes to justify KILLING a Canadian citizen over 8~ g not even collected from the dead, who was blamed for his fate, etc...

So, my point is that if "addiction" is real then it must be measurable in the real world, hence my request to see real numbers.

More personal attacks would be futile, i'll quote this question again if you dare avoid it. My promise.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
Prohibition of cannabis and whether or not it has an affinity for causing dependency are two separate issues.

Stigmas and taboos created by prohibition unfortunately play a role in addiction behaviors, often times leading users down a more dangerous path than they would have normally gone.