• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is marijuana addiction serious or real?

Salutation Mafioso,

According to the DSM-5(professional standard for diagnosis mental disorders in the US), the criteria for cannabis addiction is as follows:
1.Taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer thanyou'remeant to...

PouHa! Ha! Ha!

Now that's a joke, right?? Usually i like to toke on a regular basis every day of the year and there's no 3rd-party assuption to make as for my dosage, period. Anyway it turns out i micro-dose, so to speak, and hence i'd certainly refuse such biased interpretation clearly suggesting some arbitrary "reference" would be allowed to decide what's supposed to be the right amount and frequency for me at this moment when planet Itnoc provides a multitude of nice self-vilification samples in my environment, passively promoted by bigot anti-cannabic prohibitioni$t's (ir)re$pon$ible clones for THC-specific genetic selection rendering our favourite noble molecules socio-toxic in less than appropriate situations, etc. Plus so-called "recreative" ABUSE contaminating "scientific" data with multi-intoxication and self-poisoning (e.g. government-endorsed pesticides, etc.) variables, in particular...

How lovely, how charming! Oh CanNada!! ...

8)

Now lets conclude this set of monologues.

:|

When performed correctly there's nothing i fear from consuming cannabis, certainly not "mental disorder" on the basis of "posology", essentially.

M'well, unless perhaps we start talking seriously about the consumption method and some of its possible associated ritual(s) relatively to their combined effects on a consumer's profile, including so-called "addiction" symptoms for example.

As far as i'm concerned that's my own business how i manage with my pro-cannabis toking, for starters, consequently i must also point out i just don't even accept having to fit an artificial "medical" vs "recreative" classification system at all, actually!!

So i guess i'll pass items #2 to #11 (...), since #1 disqualifies the whole list anyway.

8(

Hummm...

That was quick, i hope i didn't also get my answers supplied in this smoke screen somewhere...

...not interested.

That was laborious but we're there at last. Consider yourself still an enemy of my serenity, i don't play head games and certainly not this way.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
Salutations DoctorMolecule,

I have an addictive relationship with pot.

Good to know, so maybe *YOU* can provide a nice short & sweet answer to my simple question:

How many like *YOU* used to live the life of a Canuck "stoner"/"droÿé" with some mari-caca "disorder" on planet Itnoc during, say, 2014 vs 2016?? For example?...

Then how much "harm" was caused by bigot anti-cannabic prohibition$ts taking over our public institutions? In The Name Of Children! ... Including to cause durable prejudice to those statistically-ellusive kids from trauma inflicted by "the authorities", even supported with the benediction of venerable $elf-$erving "expert$" like some who wrote a study on 120 studies (subsided by Pfizer), blaming *US" for the *EXPERT*s own socio-toxic failures, etc., etc...

Would it not range around something like, say, 475? Maybe more, maybe less, but hardly even tenfold i'd think.

Now how does this compare to be a youth killer vs a "behavioral addict" (for example)? Euh... How bad is it?...

Just thinking out loud. Not to mention you should stop abusing anyway.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
According to the DSM-5(professional standard for diagnosis mental disorders in the US), the criteria for cannabis addiction is as follows:
1.Taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer thanyou'remeant to
2.Wanting to cut down or stop using the substancebut not managing to
3.Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use of the substance
4.Cravings and urges to use the substance
5.Not managing to do what you should at work, home,or schoolbecause of substance use
6.Continuing to use, even when it causes problems in relationships
7.Giving up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use
8.Using substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger
9.Continuing to use, even when you know you have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by the substance
10.Needing more of the substance to get the effect you want (tolerance)
11.Development of withdrawal symptoms, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.

After 8 years of daily use I can say number 11 is slightly true. I don't sleep too well and I have overly vivid dreams for a few days when I stop using marijuana. I do experience a slightly runny nose and food isn't as appealing. This passes within a week.

If I substitute the word marijuana for SUGAR then all 11 are true to varying degrees.

I don't experience a craving to use marijuana like I did during my 20 years as an alcoholic. I don't hide baggies around my house in different rooms so I can sneak a quick hit like I did with alcohol. I don't drive under the influence like I did with alcohol, and the list goes on.

We could argue about some negative effects people have from weed but in truth everyone reacts differently. My partner never had an issue with alcohol and was sad we couldn't go out for a night of clubbing without me turning into a wreck and probably fucking up the whole night in some humiliating public manner. Meanwhile on weed my work performance is exemplary and has catapulted me to the top of my profession. #5 is not only inaccurate to my experience with marijuana, it is the opposite.

If I were to eat asparagus daily my pee would stink so quiting my asparagus would solve my pee smell, do we call this ADDICTION?

For me there are no negatives to my 8 year marijuana daily use, simply positives. My work improves, my social life improves, my private life improves and even my sex life improves. If some people think I'm addicted because I experience slight changes when I don't use a food I've been using for 8 years and they want to classify my use as addiction I will just remind them they have addictions to wheat sugar Rice and whatever food they eat.

The negative stigmas built around marijuana are responsible for all the anxiety and paranoia it has ever caused in anyone. Marijuana is a psychedelic and users are susceptible to suggestion that create negative results. I haven't seen any real negatives just imaginary ones.

Good to know, so maybe *YOU* can provide a nice short & sweet answer to my simple question:

How many like *YOU* used to live the life of a Canuck "stoner"/"droÿé" with some mari-caca "disorder" on planet Itnoc during, say, 2014 vs 2016?? For example?...

Then how much "harm" was caused by bigot anti-cannabic prohibition$ts taking over our public institutions? In The Name Of Children! ... Including to cause durable prejudice to those statistically-ellusive kids from trauma inflicted by "the authorities", even supported with the benediction of venerable $elf-$erving "expert$" like some who wrote a study on 120 studies (subsided by Pfizer), blaming *US" for the *EXPERT*s own socio-toxic failures, etc., etc...

Would it not range around something like, say, 475? Maybe more, maybe less, but hardly even tenfold i'd think.

Now how does this compare to be a youth killer vs a "behavioral addict" (for example)? Euh... How bad is it?...

Good day, have fun!! =D
Not quite sure how to answer those questions. All I can say is the prohibition of marijuana put me in contact with people who sold meth and naturally my curiosity got the best of me.

How bad is it? Not really that bad in comparison to other drugs I've abused. When I have pot life's ok, when I don't have it it kinda sucks for a week, then it's ok again.

I really try and abstain for the most part, but if I get the urge to do 'harder' drugs, pots my safe choice for consciousness alteration

After 8 years of daily use I can say number 11 is slightly true. I don't sleep too well and I have overly vivid dreams for a few days when I stop using marijuana. I do experience a slightly runny nose and food isn't as appealing. This passes within a week.

If I substitute the word marijuana for SUGAR then all 11 are true to varying degrees.

I don't experience a craving to use marijuana like I did during my 20 years as an alcoholic. I don't hide baggies around my house in different rooms so I can sneak a quick hit like I did with alcohol. I don't drive under the influence like I did with alcohol, and the list goes on.

We could argue about some negative effects people have from weed but in truth everyone reacts differently. My partner never had an issue with alcohol and was sad we couldn't go out for a night of clubbing without me turning into a wreck and probably fucking up the whole night in some humiliating public manner. Meanwhile on weed my work performance is exemplary and has catapulted me to the top of my profession. #5 is not only inaccurate to my experience with marijuana, it is the opposite.

If I were to eat asparagus daily my pee would stink so quiting my asparagus would solve my pee smell, do we call this ADDICTION?

For me there are no negatives to my 8 year marijuana daily use, simply positives. My work improves, my social life improves, my private life improves and even my sex life improves. If some people think I'm addicted because I experience slight changes when I don't use a food I've been using for 8 years and they want to classify my use as addiction I will just remind them they have addictions to wheat sugar Rice and whatever food they eat.

The negative stigmas built around marijuana are responsible for all the anxiety and paranoia it has ever caused in anyone. Marijuana is a psychedelic and users are susceptible to suggestion that create negative results. I haven't seen any real negatives just imaginary ones.

Food or sugar addiction is a real phenomenon, although comparatively it is a rather benign addiction in most that it occurs in.

Negative stigmas are definitely not responsible for all the possible negative side effects, including paranoia or anxiety. They may be amplified by fear of judgment or legal ramifications, but they are not the cause of them. Paranoia and anxiety linked to cannabis use has been pretty well established. Cannabis hyperemesis is another example of a possible negative side effect from smoking weed. Memory and cognition problems as well as increased heart rate are also well documented in association with cannabis use.

Not everyone who uses morphine becomes an addict, but it still has potential for addiction. The side effects of short term use is negligible.

Last edited:
Stigmas and taboos created by prohibition unfortunately play a role in addiction behaviors, often times leading users down a more dangerous path than they would have normally gone.

That's true. It's true in the case of opiates also, but it does not mean opiates and cannabis aren't otherwise habit forming substances.

Cannabis addiction is clearly a real phenomenon. I have experienced it personally as well as knowing several people who have struggled to control their cannabis use. Take my former house mate for example. He was the worst cannabis addict I've ever known. He used to spend between $700 and $900 a month on cannabis and smoke all day long every day. He would run out of money for food and rent and the only reason he was allowed to stay living there was because his brother owned the house and basically took care of him. When he ran out of weed he would suffer withdrawals and would not get out of bed. He would steal and cheat people to get money for weed.

Now he is at the more extreme end of cannabis addicition but I have experienced some pretty bad dependency on herb myself. I have experienced addiction to many other substances also including IV heroin and while there is no comparison between the physical dependency IV heroin causes and weed dependency, I ultimately found weed to be the more difficult substance to live without. Somehow I'd always find myself smoking weed even after giving up all sorts of other supposedly more addictive substances. I've spent vast amounts of money on weed and vast amounts of time smoking it and did this despite the fact that at times it had some very negative effects on my life. As much as I love weed, it did send me down a wrong path in my late teens. Instead of focusing on my studies/finding a career path and learning how to form healthy relationships , i spent my late teens and early 20s constantly smoking weed. In addition, weed caused me some serious mental problems, including anxiety, panic attacks and spiritual awakening. Now I know spiritual awakening may sound like a good thing, but if it happens too early through drugs it can cause major problems. Despite all this I continued smoking weed. If that isn't addiction, I don't know what is.

I honestly think weed is incredibly addictive, I mean it is so enjoyable for some people. If I had to pick between weed, cocaine, heroin, speed, tobacco, I'd pick the weed easily.

^ Thanks for sharing your experience, burn out.

We must allow individuals to explain how a substance effects them rather then consulting a check list to determine addiction, no checklist, no matter how well researched, will ever explain the human experience.
No one can take an experience away from someone, no matter how hard they try. It's one of the most valuable assets we have as individuals.

IMO it is addictive to me when I am smoking it for recreation. I use it as medicine so its not exactly 'addictive' but i can't say im not dependent on it for my insomnia.

Good day, have fun!! =D
IMO it is addictive to me when I am smoking it for recreation. I use it as medicine so its not exactly 'addictive' but i can't say im not dependent on it for my insomnia.
This is something that needs further discussion, a goal being collective information (for the general public, no views are too extreme etc)

Let's start with some common language:
1. addiction and dependency are two different things.
2. You can experience both at the same time.

My two cents
Addiction vs dependency = want vs need. Where want and need are real quantitative values not qualitative 'feelings' or objective v. subjective.

Really let's look at each person's individual's data. I historically have a 50-100 $ habit of any drugs- each day habit. That is the max I can spend and afford a place and continue to use.
This is Dependency

Addiction is what I have to do to feel 'right' despite the costs

This is something that needs further discussion, a goal being collective information (for the general public, no views are too extreme etc)

My two cents
Addiction vs dependency = want vs need. Where want and need are real quantitative values not qualitative 'feelings' or objective v. subjective.

Really let's look at each person's individual's data. I historically have a 50-100 $ habit of any drugs- each day habit. That is the max I can spend and afford a place and continue to use.
This is Dependency

Dude, if you're spending $50 to $100 a day on drugs that's addiction. I mean, that's like saying a rock star who shoots heroin and cocaine all day isn't addicted because he can afford it. There are other aspects to addiction besides just the effect it has on your finances. They call it functional addiction. It's possible to use massive amounts of drugs and still hold down a job and keep your life together, but inside your soul or spirit is sick and doing and it's taking its toll on your body as well. If you want to be a healthy person, you can wisely use some drugs now and then in ways you think enhances your life, but if your goal is to use the maximum amount of drugs you can possibly get away with, without losing your house or your job or you family, then you have a problem.

My two cents

This is Dependency

Addiction is simply defined as "compulsive use of a substance despite adverse consequences". This is not just limited to psychoactive substances and adverse consequences aren't limited only to negative effects perceived by the drug user/person experiencing addiction. Adverse consequences may be subjective to some degree as in not everyone experiences extreme anxiety or paranoia from cannabis use but everyone will experience the changes in perception resulting in short term memory loss due to the way cannabis affects the brain.

Dependence is physiological and psychological dependence on a substance. Tolerance and withdraws are the results of dependence. Dependence would include both mental withdraw and physical withdraw.

Substance dependency is often a quality of addiction, as once you are experiencing withdraws it could be said that you are experiencing an adverse consequence, so continued use would likely be considered addictive use.

Salutations,

...20 years as an alcoholic. I don't hide baggies around...

Sounds familiar enough, it's called self-inflicted slavery and our governments never stop taxing it heavily while also failing to prevent abuse, still today...

Now thanks to the "science" of Trudeau's dynasty we're about to experience the same type of distortions using cannabis, without the stigma removed!

i5u912.jpg

I'm not sure i should continue to ignore her books, anyone got a few clues what i might happen to be missing??

8)

...in truth everyone reacts differently.

Good point, that's where i'd be ready to draw the line, democratically. E. G. in true collegiality, with *NO* aspects rejected "à priori", which should feel quite fun 'cause we've already heard/seen/read from bigot anti-cannabic prohibitioni$ts before, ad nauseam... Hence any redundancy in allowing those parasites to repeat themselves again would be little more than the usual wasteful spending of Canuck public resources, In The Name Of Children, with zero benefit except for some self-centered hate-loving/love-hating "elites" and their followers/voters, on the land of cap'tain Itnoc - for many generations yet to be born!

At such point i'd argue we've gone much too far beyond simple accomodation considering the numbers, which i still don't have so i'll improvise instead. Lets see, 39.2 million people against 475 "behavioral addicts", euh... Oh my!! Ain't this thing gone wild and crazy?! Maybe we should put those guys in prison and leave the others outside instead, i'm sure the net gain in imprisonment expenses alone would largely justify the swap - but it wouldn't be very ethical, would it? So why should a majority endure permanent prejudice on behalf of the few "victims" who should just stay away from cannabis or reconsider their abusive habits.

What's our self-serving "elite" doing about it except make it worse - e.g. quite a lot worse actually!!

:|

...do we call this ADDICTION?

Or do we even have to listen, patiently? After decades of carricatural propaganda and the passage of multiple generations?...

Good point. Not to mention this may be the one reason why i'm not going to find a credible source for those ellusive real number(s) i'm after: it's not real to begin with, hence there's no way something imaginary can lead to real numbers. M'well, until bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionism pours in!...

:\

...the prohibition of marijuana put me in contact with people who sold meth...

The ever-lasting socio-toxic illegallity exposed me to the contact of saddening morrons on speed who shouldn't be allowed to grow even a geranium - and never have anything to do with cannabis, of course! All because of this "self-vilification" effect i associate to the bigotry of Canuck anti-cannabic propaganda, passively promoting "harm" which consumers can be conveniently blamed for later... Should you ever see Jean-Pierre Bony/Bony Jean-Pierre cease the opportunity to ask him about it: m'well, Montréal's SPVM-GTi police was quick to blame him for his own death as i recall. Etc., etc.

The poison which still has its own place on top of a schedule defined by international treaties happens to be PROHIBITIONISM as the only reply to a HEALTH ISSUE, not a substance wich i'd consider even safer if consumers could avoid the side-effects of THC-centric genetic selection, for example. Etc. As for putting cannabis there it was a cheat right from the very begining: alcohol, tobacco, coffee, sugar... None of it is on a schedule, end of debate. Please no more accomodations funded by public spending for love-hating! Please!!

:\

...naturally my curiosity got the best of me.

M'yeah, there was a time when i wouldn't have feared trying a few things myself. Not anymore, the perspective is too ugly and i've found my answers anyway. Too bad i can't pretend to save the statistically-ellusive children of planet Itnoc using my weapon of mass seduction!!

%)

Not really that bad in comparison to other drugs I've abused.

Even LSD used to be a low risk in my own time and i think i got some clue why: it made me feel paradoxically replenished after the experience was finally over... Like i was beaten and happy with it, 'cause i needed my "counter" to be "reset to zero", as i used to comment back then. While i still was a self-poisoning hashish + tobacco SMOKER. But i recall LSD only left me satisfied with little residual need to return to it for some long while. There was no drama having to quit compared to maricaca, yet i'll stay with cannabis, the "bio" artisanal type if ever given a real chance...

...it does not mean opiates and cannabis aren't otherwise habit forming substances.

Oh please, avoid juxtaposing opiates and cannabis in a same statement like this if it's meant to be serious at all! As far as i'm concerned toilet paper is an utterly "habit forming" substance and i'll never provide support with my signature or vote to any self-serving bigot hooked on some similar ideology. The "slave-to-maricaca" propagandist image just fails to stick here, call me Teflon!!

Cannabis addiction is clearly a real phenomenon.

Measuring in imaginary numbers i guess...

...$700 and $900 a month...

Thank you for such clear evidence of ABUSE.

If that isn't addiction, I don't know what is.

Personally i vote for the last option. If it's self-inflicted then maybe that's just self-vilification targetting a noble plant for no good purpose, to serve an obscure "cause" which proved less than noble. In The Name Of Children... Actually we've gone a long way since the times when vulnerable children and women would become sex slaves, after being stunned/abducted using opium, etc. (see 1908 treaty; after that even the word "children" magically vanishes, in 1925, with a brave Canuck Liberal as president at the League of Nations)!... Past that event the CommonWealth children can thank bigot prohibitionism for creating a real socio-toxic problem out of a non-issue, essentially.

So my guess is the victims, REAL OR IMAGINARY, shall vanish once cannabis is taken off all "SCHEDULES" and/or TREATIES. Which are very real in the later case.

...weed is incredibly addictive...

You've seen nothing, try the love-of-hate/hate-of-love syndrome. Now THAT is hard to beat, isn't it?... 8o

If I had to pick between weed, cocaine, heroin, speed, tobacco, I'd pick the weed easily.

Maybe if everybody votes NDP next time then who knows, you might get access to safe substitution products with the socio-toxic (prohibition) effects removed. That would be a start dealing with health issues at last. Instead Canucks shall realize, eventually, that we're about to support bigotry again, no matter if it's Maxime Bernier or Justin Trudeau.

Welcome to the "science" of void, THC-centric (and now CBD-centric) extracts for SMOKERS who enjoy maximum ABUSE, etc.

...no views are too extreme...

What's extreme these days is the accumulation of bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist propaganda on mass media while simultaneously we yet have to see equal coverage of truly pro-cannabic topics presently suppressed before a dialog can even begin. Courtesy of the most bigot and sinister Lucie Charlebois in my province, as (cut 'n paste) author of law #44 (on tobacco smoking, e-cigarettes *AND* vaporizers!! Altogether!...) - directly imported from some bigot gathering symposium hiding in Russia...

2hmd8vc.jpg

4jwavc.jpg

M'Yep! My guess is we've got a fair sample what extreme can be as it is.

:p

My two cents... ... ...want vs need...

Unfortunately this concatenated classification happens to exclude yet another scenario: which is the sense of "slavery". E.G. "dependency" as an antagonist of pure free will IMO. One can choose to suffer the consequences of braking his/her slavery state, nobody else but a substance abuser should have to pay for his own individual failure to deal with such a situation. Nobody wants or needs to be a slave to begin with, so there's got to be something else and i point my accusating finger at self-vilification from improper consumption (posology), for starters.

So if we got some consensus it's more "potent" today then what's the wait for when we could be given access to equally efficient/health-wise, public-supported (...), toking tools and rituals too. My 2 cents! To "save" the lost (statistically ellusive) children of planet Itnoc, in our "sunny" and " transparent" Canuck world now under the protective influence of cap'tain Itnoc himself...

;)

...if your goal is to use the maximum amount of drugs you can possibly get away with, without losing your house or your job or you family, then you have a problem.

Hummm... It appears we've each met plenty of socio-toxic self-vilifying agents as it is, folks who seem unaware they may be working for cap'tain Itnoc, e.g. against themselves!...

In The Name Of Children - or a ratio i expect to range around 0.001 % of the Canuck population (475 ÷ 39M2)!...

8)

So today in Canada it's OKay to KILL a black french-speaking man standing in Montréal-"Noir"/Qc, over 8 oz not from his own pockets (...), only to prevent 0.001 % of the population from exposing itself to the risks mentioned above??

Euh... I got to wonder, did i write "Itnoc" often enough??

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
Dude, if you're spending $50 to $100 a day on drugs that's addiction. I mean, that's like saying a rock star who shoots heroin and cocaine all day isn't addicted because he can afford it. There are other aspects to addiction besides just the effect it has on your finances. They call it functional addiction. It's possible to use massive amounts of drugs and still hold down a job and keep your life together, but inside your soul or spirit is sick and doing and it's taking its toll on your body as well. If you want to be a healthy person, you can wisely use some drugs now and then in ways you think enhances your life, but if your goal is to use the maximum amount of drugs you can possibly get away with, without losing your house or your job or you family, then you have a problem.
Yeah my heroin and meth habit was quite expensive in the end, circa 2011. My current budget is about $100 a month (weed and cigarettes). Nowadays my weed budget is like paying utilities, 3-4 one hitters a day for cannabis replacement therapy (CRT) as I call it. I like alcohol, I like opioids, I like stimulants, weed is always a close 2nd. Sometimes I delude myself and think I enjoy pot more, but once I consume any one of my 'trinity' of chemicals, I instantly realize how much I love it more than pot. Pot is a close 2nd because I really like pot too, but like any psychedelic it has it's uncomfortable aspects as well.
I guess I'm still pretty confused about the difference between addiction and dependency.
Can we have some discussion on how one can be dependent on weed but not addicted or vice versa? Or really the big question: does cannabis cause physical dependency (if even the slightest bit?)
Addiction is simply defined as "compulsive use of a substance despite adverse consequences". This is not just limited to psychoactive substances and adverse consequences aren't limited only to negative effects perceived by the drug user/person experiencing addiction. Adverse consequences may be subjective to some degree as in not everyone experiences extreme anxiety or paranoia from cannabis use but everyone will experience the changes in perception resulting in short term memory loss due to the way cannabis affects the brain.

Dependence is physiological and psychological dependence on a substance. Tolerance and withdraws are the results of dependence. Dependence would include both mental withdraw and physical withdraw.

Substance dependency is often a quality of addiction, as once you are experiencing withdraws it could be said that you are experiencing an adverse consequence, so continued use would likely be considered addictive use.
You sum it up perfectly. It's hard for me to determine what is definitely addiction and what is definitely dependency. In my perception there is this grey area in between

Egzoset - I am from the states, don't speak Canadian and find your post unintelligible.

Appetite suppression and insomnia are common withdrawal symptoms, for me they lasted a couple weeks. At one point I was smoking specifically so that I could eat and sleep normally, when this would slowly fade away if I abstained from smoking for a while.

The psychological stuff will vary from nothing to symptoms like anger, depression, anxiety - it really depends on what has been treated by the weed. I had a panic disorder surface when I quit, my anxiety had got so bad and I hadn't realized it as I was always stoned. I quit smoking and dabbing for 3 years after that.

To me it is less addictive than coffee generally speaking. If someone drinks several cups of coffee a day for several years and abruptly stops, I am sure there would be a withdrawal associated with that. With weed, I get around a quarter of my normal calorie intake for a week (it totally sucks) and then the insomnia is probably because weed makes me sleep like a baby. It's almost like getting used to being without the benefits of weed.

It's definitely real (the physical part is really only common in very heavy smokers) and I thought it was pretty crummy before I got hooked on heroin. The withdrawal from that has made me temporarily suicidal. As for fiending weed - well yeah, people can lack self control.

Hummm...

When personal attacks fail to work why not organize a gathering of trolls instead?!

Euh...

M'well, to the question « Is marijuana addiction serious or real? »...

I repeat, as promised, if it were really "real" then that should at least measure in the real world and so far i'm still calling for a revelation or something.

Like, are all those weird things achieved through our public institutions going to "save" a fraction of 0.001 % of the Canadian population from behavioral addiction?

Is it "serious" enough to passively support (by silence), or even actively (with an ACMPR signature!) the actual KILLING of a black french-speaking Québec citizen by POLICE over 8 oz (from stranger pockets!)? THAT scenario certainly being among the weirdest we've seen on planet Itnoc - SO FAR! The other being some overwhelming consensus for equally questionable silence!

A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Do you get *MY* point, from *MY* own perspective. Now why should yours prevail over mine? Why should there be accomodation vs a KILL?? ... Sorry, no way José. Real means real.

Good day, have fun!! =D

"Addiction is a chronic brain disorder and not simply a behavior problem involving alcohol, drugs, gambling or sex, experts contend in a new definition of addiction, one that is not solely related to problematic substance abuse.

The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) just released this new definition of addiction after a four-year process involving more than 80 experts.

"At its core, addiction isn't just a social problem or a moral problem or a criminal problem. It's a brain problem whose behaviors manifest in all these other areas," said Dr. Michael Miller, past president of ASAM who oversaw the development of the new definition. "Many behaviors driven by addiction are real problems and sometimes criminal acts. But the disease is about brains, not drugs. It's about underlying neurology, not outward actions.""

https://www.livescience.com/15563-addiction-defined-brain-disease.html

I repeat, as promised, if it were really "real" then that should at least measure in the real world and so far i'm still calling for a revelation or something.

I don't know what you mean by this. How do you want to measure it? What would convince you? It's not as simple as it you make it out to be, because the statistics on marijuana addiction will depend on how the researchers decide to define addiction (something Im sure you would take issue with).