• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Gnostic Christianity MEGATHREAD

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

The God sold by Christianity say that God has no limits, yetGod is limited to only one begotten son. Or is he?

Is there is only one begotten son of God, Jesus, because youcan only create one?

All sons of God are creations of your own mind, gleaned fromfinding your internal spark of God, as described by Jesus, who states clearlythat God is within you. Within you can only exist one God and thus only one sonof God. That son of God is yourself, should you choose to follow Jesus’ way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLIHeAYm7yE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loveme, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come untohim, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also didpredestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be thefirstborn among many brethren.

Are you ready to step up?

Regards
DL

First, explain the fuck "begotten" means.

"All sons of God are creations of your own mind, gleaned fromfinding your internal spark of God, as described by Jesus, who states clearlythat God is within you. Within you can only exist one God and thus only one sonof God. That son of God is yourself, should you choose to follow Jesus’ way."

(Since you posted in a philosophy forum, which includes logic and rhetoric, I can do this and not feel bad) Per sentence:
1) Jesus is a creation of my mind
2) Jesus in my mind described a "spark" that's internal to me, possibly heartburn, but brain-Jesus says its a super-entity creator.
3) How do you know I can't have multiple super-entities living inside me? Huge chunks of humanity believe it. And even if there was one, why does that preclude having more sons? (And poor daughters aren't worth mentioning)
4) So I AM Jesus, but only if I follow myself.

and then 5 to the end) fallacy: arguing from authority something fancy latin term.

ETA: forgot, 4 circles around to 1, proving that I am a figment of my own imagination. And a sick mind I have, apparently.

Sweet.

Seek Gnosis and you will be rewarded.

First, explain the fuck "begotten" means.

Dictionaries are useful.

beget /bɪˈgɛt/ verb (used with object), begot or (Archaic) begat; begotten or begot; begetting. 1. (especially of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).
2. to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

1) Jesus is a creation of my mind

All those you can think of are.
2) Jesus in my mind described a "spark" that's internal to me, possibly heartburn, but brain-Jesus says its a super-entity creator.

Then your brain is lying to you or we are all super-entities.
3) How do you know I can't have multiple super-entities living inside me?

I cannot unless you can prove it to me. I cannot know if you are delusional or telling a truth till you show proof.

Huge chunks of humanity believe it. And even if there was one, why does that preclude having more sons? (And poor daughters aren't worth mentioning)

Huge chunks of humanity thought and also still think the world flat. Do you?

4) So I AM Jesus, but only if I follow myself.

That is what Jesus indicates.

Regards
DL

I cannot unless you can prove it to me. I cannot know if you are delusional or telling a truth till you show proof.

That's kind of the problem with preachers.

And I haven't made a single claim about the underlying reality of our existence, and definitely haven't posited a super-entity that exists beyond time and space, who made a universe over 100 billion light years wide, filled it with nothing, begets sons that are itself, and thinks about me.

The religious have the burden of proof, not me.

Here's an interesting thought: you know Buddhism has an offshoot, Zen, which kind of strips the supernatural aspects away, mainly by dismissing such things as unknowable and irrelevant. It's been 2000 years, has Christianity ever had something similar? I don't think Jefferson and the deists count. Or Unitarians.

IOW, the "Parables-Only of Yeshua" church, which "worships" a historical Jesus, not as a prophet but a philosopher/martyr. Leaving out things like Mary being inseminated by a god through her ear, or the Earth's rotation stopping so Paul can have an idea.

Oh my. You make Christianity and the bible sound like pure myth based on what we might see as lies.

I agree and would apply that also to Islam.

Regards
DL

There is only one God, we are all one. Help each other.

If God created man originally it doesnt really matter that he created Jesus as hes just another human at that point.

I think I might look into Judaism. The more I think about Jesus the less sense he makes.

Jesus is the greatest connection to man, the greatest covenant to date between God and man. It's a direct relationship with God.

can't I just have my direct relationship with the universe as is?

Jesus is the greatest connection to man, the greatest covenant to date between God and man. It's a direct relationship with God.

Bullshit! If there was a god, it wouldn't have to impregnate some chick to have a connection with the people it created, that's a stupid fucking idea.

Impregnate THROUGH HER EAR, because the usual route, the one it "designed," is just too icky.

Originally Posted by Phee
This is really everything important about religion in one sentence. The rest is just to argue about.

Two sentences actually. And really, it's two unsupported claims in what should be two sentences, followed by an imperative. OK, three separate paragraphs, as none has any relation to the other.

I mean, more than a billion human beings outright disagree with the first idea, so at least a bit of support would be nice. Saying "we are one" is kind of meaningless, because, one what? Why does the number of deities effect the number of "whats" we are? And shouldn't you just help each other regardless of the presence or absence of trans-dimensional super-creatures?

^I like your blasphemous turn of phrase Scrofula :)

I love the monotheism of Christianity. Who was looking after heaven when Jesus was down here human-being-ing it up? You're not allowed to say the angels.

In the original aramaic, it's perfect. ;

I think the point is that we can get stuck when we focus on language, which has its limitations. We sure have plenty of examples of what happens when we hold the word as paramount to everything else. I have no idea what it's all about any more than anyone else, but it seems as if this means something. And helping others seems to be where a lot of answers are.

@Phee, Phreed to Phrase not literally, when you say ". . . seems as if this means something," what does "this" refer to? The forum? Gnostic Bishop? Shit-head trolls making fun of religious people in the philosophy section? An ethereal borborygmous of cosmic unity, before the flatus? That's not making fun of you, I honestly don't know.

I am not you and you are not me. We can be one in purpose though and that is what Jesus seeks as brethren.

If God created man originally it doesnt really matter that he created Jesus as hes just another human at that point.

I think I might look into Judaism. The more I think about Jesus the less sense he makes.

If you are to do so, please look at Karaite Jewry as they are not idol worshipers the way most other Jewish sects who are not atheists are.

Give any God a name other than I am, and mean yourself, and you become an idol worshiper.

My best recommendation though is Gnostic Christianity. It forbids idol worship and, like Jesus, tells us to seek God perpetually and to always up-grade our standards when we think we have found the ideal God.

That cannot be true if you analyse the moral tenants the Roman created Jesus follows. Especially immoral and unjust are his no-divorce and substitutionary atonement laws.

Care to argue for the morality of those?

Bullshit! If there was a god, it wouldn't have to impregnate some chick to have a connection with the people it created, that's a stupid fucking idea.

I agree, as it has God coveting another man's wife, cuckolding Joseph and becoming a deadbeat dad who places his responsibility onto a man as God abandons his son.

Given that 50% of the household in the U.S. are manned by single women, it seems tha many American Christians like to follow that deadbeat attitude.

If you want to take things literally.

??

Do you not read your bible literally to some extent?

You have to to end in believing in a literal Jesus. Right?

Literal interpretation gets us into a lot of trouble.

For sure. Like loving a genocidal son murdering God.

Originally Posted by Phee

Two sentences actually. And really, it's two unsupported claims in what should be two sentences, followed by an imperative. OK, three separate paragraphs, as none has any relation to the other.

I mean, more than a billion human beings outright disagree with the first idea, so at least a bit of support would be nice. Saying "we are one" is kind of meaningless, because, one what? Why does the number of deities effect the number of "whats" we are? And shouldn't you just help each other regardless of the presence or absence of trans-dimensional super-creatures?

In terms of law of the land, we are helping each other by ignoring the Gods and their barbaric and unjust policies.

Islam might be an exception as they have institutionalized slavery in their religion. Slavery of women that is.

In the original aramaic, it's perfect. ;

I think the point is that we can get stuck when we focus on language, which has its limitations. We sure have plenty of examples of what happens when we hold the word as paramount to everything else. I have no idea what it's all about any more than anyone else, but it seems as if this means something. And helping others seems to be where a lot of answers are.

Indeed.

Gnostic Christians begin by trying to understand what our version of Jesus meant with this.

GnosticChristian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is inthe sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.
But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."
A lot of people do not want to think that way due to evil, but they forget that Satan was born in heaven.

Regards
DL