• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Gnostic Christianity MEGATHREAD

OK, @Mr. Gnostic Bishop (assuming, even the gnostics forbid women in the clergy?), I'll bite.

I thought gnosticism was the belief in a hidden truth or reality that could be revealed. The Matrix, basically.

You're a Christian, you claim, but you have some nasty things to say about the Christian God of the Old Testament, and the ideas of Jesus, even if they really were written by Paul in Rome.

Your excerpts seem to urge people to do some kind of inward-looking woo-woo to find a god, although you demand they call it El or it's idol worship, BUT we should ignore the "Gods and their unjust policies" except for Islam's "institutionalization of slavery" for women, which, well I guess that could be . . . no I'm not following. You're going to say something like there is NO trans-dimensional super-entity and some ethereal new-age connection is all internal, but then how do you care at all about some street preacher named Yeshua?

I bet you have a blog though?

Hehe, the idea that it isn't a large jump of the ego to pretend I am the begotten son of the invisible man gets me feeling proud... albeit underachieved.

^I like your blasphemous turn of phrase Scrofula :)

I love the monotheism of Christianity. Who was looking after heaven when Jesus was down here human-being-ing it up? You're not allowed to say the angels.

=D

OK, @Mr. Gnostic Bishop (assuming, even the gnostics forbid women in the clergy?), I'll bite.

I do not know where you heard that but it is a lie. We have tied full equality of all souls to righteousness and anyone can preach in the Gnostic Christian church that feels moved to do so.

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

I thought gnosticism was the belief in a hidden truth or reality that could be revealed. The Matrix, basically.

That is how our myths have been viewed by some but remember that that myth was written to put against the Christian myth before Christianity became an idol worshiping cult and started killing in the name of their prick of a God. Demiurge that is.

As to our secret or hidden truth, and how we read the more Gnostic Christ, please listen to this link as it speaks of the not so hidden truth which is that we believe in the power of the individual and how disrespect for anti-freedom traditions is about the only secret we have. It made our controllers, political and religious, hate us enough to try to annihilate us. They and the Inquisitions ended freedom of religion and though for centuries and helped usher in the Dark Ages of freedom of thought.

You're a Christian, you claim, but you have some nasty things to say about the Christian God of the Old Testament, and the ideas of Jesus, even if they really were written by Paul in Rome.

I am not a Christian so please do not insult my morality again unless you have a specific beef. But yes, I have no respect for the genocidal son murdering God or his chimera half breed son. Now if you were talking about the more Gnostic Jesus that I see in scriptures, I do respect that Jesus. He frees people from religion. He does not try to enslave us to it.

Your excerpts seem to urge people to do some kind of inward-looking woo-woo to find a god, although you demand they call it El or it's idol worship, BUT we should ignore the "Gods and their unjust policies" except for Islam's "institutionalization of slavery" for women, which, well I guess that could be . . . no I'm not following. You're going to say something like there is NO trans-dimensional super-entity and some ethereal new-age connection is all internal, but then how do you care at all about some street preacher named Yeshua?

I bet you have a blog though?

I do not bother with one but unfortunately I have to ignore your last as it is not coherent enough for me to dither out what you are trying and failing to say.

Please try again without smoking or drinking beforehand.

I will give you this on what you see as woo.

If you do not respect the words of famed psychoanalyst Carl Yung, you may as well ignore it.

https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/12/330510.html?c=on

Regards
DL

We can be one in purpose though and that is what Jesus seeks as brethren.

My apologies, Mr. Bishop, lines like this make me think you're a follower of Jesus, which typically means you believe he's the Christ, and are a Christian, along with your very Christ-centric points and dismissal of Islam and Judaism.

When you say, "the genocidal son murdering God," [sic] I honestly thought you meant Abraham and were just taking a jab at Judaism.

But ". . .
Jesus. He frees people from religion. He does not try to enslave us to it," is certainly open for debate. Jesus may have said gentiles can avoid the law, but he didn't really let his own people off the hook when it came to cultic practice. Jesus is only third-hand quoted declaring "all foods clean."

". . . (U)nfortunately I have to ignore your last as it is not coherent enough for me to dither out what you are trying and failing to say."
You should have tried a little harder--every clause is just a restatement of a point you've made. It's like a matching game! Also: imitation is flattery.

"Please try again without smoking or drinking beforehand." I'll give you a pass on that one, given the neighborhood, and pretend you're sincere.

In the meantime, it'll take a bit to peruse your gnostic library.

there is a God/Creator/Whatever capable of revealing himself in human form... who's to say that it didn't happen in other parts of the world?

Well, gods did reveal themselves, sometimes as goats to screw your wife even. I think the Hindu gods have like twenty different human forms each. But then the Eastern traditions have a lot more eternal cycles of nature, with the ghost of your grandpa giving the occasional advice, not a linear beginning and end or gods per se.

I always speculate that, let's say there is a God/Creator/Whatever capable of revealing himself in human form... who's to say that it didn't happen in other parts of the world?

It blows my mind that so many religions share similarities, in all parts of the globe throughout history.

Human psychology is the same everywhere so it is hardly surprising that there would be uniformity of human thinking everywhere in the world.

Any God who decided to show up would know that people, over time and without living witnesses, would begin to disbelieve. He would know to leave a sign and no sigh is here.

Religion is personal and if God is not willing to get personal then he is not worthy of us.

That is why I chose Gnostic Christianity because it does speak to the personal of man's Godhood.

Jesus asked, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

Most have. I have not.

M
y apologies, Mr. Bishop, lines like this make me think you're a follower of Jesus, which typically means you believe he's the Christ, and are a Christian, along with your very Christ-centric points and dismissal of Islam and Judaism.

I do follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus and he is the Christ. I believe that Gnostic Christians used to call themselves Chrestians as we predated Christianity which store our name as well as some of our scriptures.

Christians then polluted the original thinking on Jesus and Christ with their literalist idiocy.

When you say, "the genocidal son murdering God," [sic] I honestly thought you meant Abraham and were just taking a jab at Judaism.

No. Abraham, Jewry's patriarch, was never considered to be a God.

But ". . .
Jesus. He frees people from religion. He does not try to enslave us to it," is certainly open for debate. Jesus may have said gentiles can avoid the law, but he didn't really let his own people off the hook when it came to cultic practice. Jesus is only third-hand quoted declaring "all foods clean."

If you think it open to debate, make your argument against the two links of the O.P. and lets have a go.

". . . (U)nfortunately I have to ignore your last as it is not coherent enough for me to dither out what you are trying and failing to say."
You should have tried a little harder--every clause is just a restatement of a point you've made. It's like a matching game! Also: imitation is flattery.

"Please try again without smoking or drinking beforehand." I'll give you a pass on that one, given the neighborhood, and pretend you're sincere.

In the meantime, it'll take a bit to peruse your gnostic library.

I am sure that to you, it was all coherent, but I did not want to make a bunch of guesses as to what you meant and perhaps insult you with my speculations as to what you meant.

I appreciate you taking the time and hope I can help if you have any questions. Gnosticism is not the easiest ideology to understand as it is populated by esoteric ecumenists and the more modern views are not always what the older vies were. Our religion evolves over time which is one of it's greatest assets. It does not need or desired to stay mired in the ancient past, even as we embrace some of the thinking of that past.

Regards
DL

Human psychology is the same everywhere so it is hardly surprising that there would be uniformity of human thinking everywhere in the world.

This is usually used as an argument FOR religion, even if Mr. Bishop is using it against, but regardless of how it's used, it's not true.

Cognitive aspects of humans are the same everywhere, but their psychology varies with their language and culture, and there is definitely NOT a uniformity of human thought everywhere in the world, I mean, just go to the current events forum, or this thread.

You only have to compare linear western time to cyclical eastern time to see there's a different approach to the "meaning" of life and the nature of a "spirit". There are more belief systems in this world than the God of the Desert. In fact, Mr. Bishop's predecessors are probably a good example of the diversity that existed even within the region before being consumed by monotheism, and their scrolls buried in the sand.

But back to the rest, what are we arguing about? I like making fun of Christian logic in appropriate places, but you're not a "Christian," instead a "Gnostic" Christian, qualifier essential or you'll be offended. Although I just don't get how you can hold Jesus as Christ without also accepting Baal/El/Yahweh/Allah/G-D, an afterlife, linear time, an immortal soul, and Israeli history as portrayed in the Old Testament (ie., ridiculously exaggerated when not just made up). I mean, you say "THE Christ" not "a christ" so it's not like your playing with semantics of "anointed" (John Ashcroft was also "anointed" with oil when he took office [shudder]). If god and religion are personal, who anointed Jesus?

What does he redeem us from without original sin? What does he save us from without heaven? How do you have a heaven without a god?

No. I have a heaven with a God.

GnosticChristian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is inthe sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.
But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."

As to your questions of Jesus and my use of him, Jesus is just an archetypal good man. That is why I can take some of the writings of the bible and use them as they should be used and not as the lying church has.

Regards
DL

Immah go with:

akhenaten_hips.fw_.png

link: https://www.livescience.com/39349-akhenaten.html

Where did the binary star system go?

It's well known that the true gods came from space, and began civilization by installing Akhenaten as Pharaoh. He restored their polytheistic religion to its proper worship of the "sun", ie., the enormous ship in orbit. The fall of man and abandonment by our alien masters occurred when Akhenaten was killed, and his son "king Tut" ascended. An unfortunately unfinished hybridization of man and alien, he was deformed and sick, and the people returned to their silly worship of animals and shit. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100216-king-tut-malaria-bones-inbred-tutankhamun/

Sure, ask for reliable sources, they're all coy about the implications, look at the Guardian bend over backward to say his "dagger" was formed from a "meteorite", rather than admit it's not of the Earth: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/01/dagger-king-tut-tomb-iron-meteorite-egypt-mummy

(OK, but seriously, the weird shift in religion and iconography, and later effacement IS pretty interesting.)

No. I have a heaven with a God.

As to your questions of Jesus and my use of him, Jesus is just an archetypal good man. That is why I can take some of the writings of the bible and use them as they should be used.

Very odd. To me, believing in an afterlife, and a One True God, accepting Jesus as a prophet but NOT the son of a god, makes you Muslim. Taking Jesus as just a "good guy" archetype makes you Jewish. Hard to see how you can be a "Christian" without the whole John 3:16 bit.

But then you reject a lot of the Old Testament and Jewish law, relying probably on Mark 7:19 to pretend Christians can eat pork (they shouldn't).

So really, you're an American.
So am I!
I just reject all of it, which is also pretty American.

If you are to do so, please look at Karaite Jewry as they are not idol worshipers the way most other Jewish sects who are not atheists are.

Give any God a name other than I am, and mean yourself, and you become an idol worshiper.

My best recommendation though is Gnostic Christianity. It forbids idol worship and, like Jesus, tells us to seek God perpetually and to always up-grade our standards when we think we have found the ideal God

Would you say you are a good example of a Gnostic Christian as Ive never heard of it.

You have a lot of wuestions about Jesus and what he was all about. Why havent you come up with your answers within your faith and explained your conclusions instead of asking what we think?

Nah, they're leading questions. He's trying to bring us in.

Be careful, that's how spiders and used car salesman work.

I didn't want to go with the binary star idea.

I forgot that was visible for a short time.

:)

Seems not everybody gets email notifications.

Took me a while to realize, you get a copy of the first post in a thread you watch, then nothing until you go to the thread. But that means you see pre-edited or even deleted posts (preserved in your email).

I tried to send a PM to cduggles that way, but she had notifications off.

Anyway, depends on the system: if you orbit one or both stars.

But I bet, yeah, you just get the bright sun god and the dim one is either the Devil or Women, just like our Moon.

Would you say you are a good example of a Gnostic Christian as Ive never heard of it.

You have a lot of wuestions about Jesus and what he was all about. Why havent you come up with your answers within your faith and explained your conclusions instead of asking what we think?

Gnostics by principle are always seeking greater truth, greater knowledge, greater insight. Our truth evolves with wisdom gleaned by our inquiries. We don't settle with dead texts.

I hate it when my texts aren't dead.
All that whimpering and snarling. Some of them still have strength to bite.

Put them down already!!
They're suffering!

Umm... can we discuss my box elsewhere? Really. *fanning and drinking mint julep*
Pardon.

Strange coincidence . . . that cdug request was from the PREVIOUS one (not today's).

We just may need to have a talk about your box after all.

Very odd. To me, believing in an afterlife, and a One True God, accepting Jesus as a prophet but NOT the son of a god, makes you Muslim. Taking Jesus as just a "good guy" archetype makes you Jewish. Hard to see how you can be a "Christian" without the whole John 3:16 bit.

But then you reject a lot of the Old Testament and Jewish law, relying probably on Mark 7:19 to pretend Christians can eat pork (they shouldn't).

So really, you're an American.
So am I!
I just reject all of it, which is also pretty American.

Where did I say I believed in an afterlife and one true god?
Please get the quote as I think your reading retention is off the mark.

As to Jesus being the son of God, do you really think God would covet another man's woman, cuckold Joseph and then become a deadbeat dad by taking off, just to create a chimera half breed God whose rules and laws most people ignore?

I see you are not a believer but that nonsense is what they would have to believe.

I note you wish to call me Christian. Please don't as I have decent morals and not their satanic morals that go along with their genocidal son murdering God.

W
ould you say you are a good example of a Gnostic Christian as Ive never heard of it.

No. I think I exemplify what they are and thought but personality wise, I have a long way to go and am likely too old to change. We are to fight for our religion and against those we feel are immoral and I am too, in your face, to be the best representative of Gnostic Christianity.

I do as the opportunity arises. Like right here.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loveme, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come untohim, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinateto be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn amongmany brethren.

Regards
DL