• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Codeine syrup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj

Bluelight Crew
Yes, other countries have different laws than the U.S. Other countries have even better opiates than codeine OTC.

Bringing back a controlled substance is absolutely illegal though.
No you can bring a 30 day supply back into the US. It's not illegal.

OTC 15mg codiene with 500mg of apap crap in it here in aus for now anyway

Codeine is OTC in many countries, Canada included. It's usually combined with something else to make it less abusable (though you can get around that by doing a CWE). Some states in the U.S. allow pharmacists to dispense low-dose codeine products like Cheratussin. Not sure about the laws regarding bringing codeine back from other countries though. It's probably fine as long as it's a small supply.

In the state of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia(iirc) you can buy OTC cough syrup with codeine in it. It's pretty useless for anyone with a tolerance. Back when my tolerance was low enough I purchased it twice. You have to look for a mom and pop type of pharmacy, none of the chains sell it in the 8 oz container.

One more thing, out of interest in covering this subject completely: there is actually one other option for getting an OTC codeine product in Canada. You can get a drug called Mersyndol (or something like that anyway) that also has APAP and codeine, but instead of caffeine it has an antihistamine (chlorpheniramine I think). This is better in the sense that you don't have a stimulant harshing your buzz, and not only that but antihistamines actually potentiate opiates rather than antagonize their effects. On the other hand, it would be far more unpleasant to make a CWE with this much antihistamine in it rather than caffeine.

The Mersyndol formulation in Canada has Doxylamine as the antihistamine actuallly... so its APAP+Codeine+Doxylamine. You avoid the caffeine this way but high doses of Doxylamine can also be quite unpleasant, and most likely it'll just knock you out as it has very strong sedation effect. It also has another thing going against it in that it is also much more expensive than the APAP+Codeine+Caffeine formulas for way less amount of pills. I keep them around as a sedative and for simple migranes, but its definitely not a feasable product to do recreationally.

There's also another OTC codeine product called Robax-8 which has the shitty muscle relaxant Methocarbamol in place of caffeine/doxylamine, but I'm pretty sure that methocarbamol cannot be CWE'ed out either.. In all, all these stuff are allowed as OTC for a reason and are in most cases are crappy for recreational purposes or even as an withdrawal aid.

I am new. But I take it we can't tell sources for obvious shilling reasons.

mate they wouldn't come down on you hard even if they caught with a codeine / paracetamol mix

we can get dyhdrcodiene /paracetamol mix as well in the UK.

but if I was you. I would fake an injury (back) docs can never work it out and you get them at the minimum. As they are so low abuse potential. I doubt docs know to much about CWE's

I live in the states. You can legally walk in my local CVS and buy codeine. It comes as Cherry Tussin AC. $9 and some change for a 4oz bottle. You can only buy a bottle every two weeks and you have to show your ID and sign a form. I have friends who mix it with sprite and jolly ranchers to make "lean". Lol.

I abstain from it though because it has undesirable shit in it just like the Canadian OTC stuff. I think it's Guaifenesin 100mg/5ml, Pseudoephedrine 30mg/5ml, and Codeine 10mg/5ml.

Yes but how do you get the codeine out of that mix ?

i am sure it's possible but not like a CWE that a monkey on 20gs of rohypnal could do.

I wonder if you can get tramadol otc anywhere. Also, volteren helps with body aches but it's useless for a buzz

Please keep in mind that discussion of legal topics and sourcing is prohibited by the user agreement we all agree to upon activating our accounts. I don't see this going in any other direction, so I'm going to close it. If any other staff feel it would be a productive discussion, feel free to open it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.