• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is this normal or should I go to the ER?

Huttokat

Greenlighter
Okay so my boyfriend got some MDMA and we decided to try it last night. We got a hotel room and started small. What he got were small blue capsules with whitish powder, kind of crystally, inside. We both started with one waited about an hour it kind of hit us but not really felt a head change but nothing intense. So we decided to split another one and that is when it hit. We rolled for about 10 hours about every 4 hours or so we took another half. So two and a half in total. Then today when I started to come down I was getting blurred vision that turned into tunnel vision and feeling faint and extreme ringing in my ears or totally muffled hearing. It would only last like 20 seconds top then fade away. I got home took a nap when I woke up went to go to the bathroom and full on passed out. It started out the same way as earlier though. Now every time i get up from either sitting or laying down i almost pass out again. I'm not sure if I should go to the hospital or wait it out. Oh I guess I should mention it was both of our first time.

Do it if you feel like you need to. I think it could be serotonin syndrome? Do you take an SSRI or a MAO inhibitor? If so, that is most likely what it is.

I do take Zoloft. Do you think I will be fine in the morning? Sorry probably sounds stupid. Just totally new

Okay the more I read about serotonin syndrome the more freaked out I get. Can someone looking at it from the outside tell me if I'm just over reacting or should I go ahead and go to the ER.

Think you should go. Too many negative symptoms lasting along time. Better safe than sorry.

Taken SSRIs with MDMA is totally not advisable. Google search all not drugs you do with interactions with scripted meds in the future.

I had a friend that was on SSRI and when she took mdma she would just vomit and get migranes.

Go to the ER if you feel that bad and tell them the combination of drugs you took. molly plus SSRI

I get full blown hallucinations when coming down off of a binge. I was on it for almost 20 hours from 8:30 AM until about 4 AM the next day and went through about a gram of mandy and a pill on Friday and by about 4 AM (Saturday morning) when I was starting my comedown I was seeing faces completely differently. A girl I was with changed her hair about 4 times throughout the night and every time she did she took on a completely new face, and then she started cycling through faces of folk singers from the 60s, like Joan Baez and Melanie Safka etc, etc, then she turned into my old Spanish teacher, then she just turned into someone I've never seen before, and changed ethnicity and gender a few times too, I was hearing shit too, like I came home and watched a film and it kept going really low-pitched and sounded like a voice slurring more and more until it shut down like a machine or something, so compared to that blurred vision and ringing isn't so bad. I also had my vision go dim when I got up as if I was about to pass out, although I never actually did. Never had the pounding heart with MDMA but I get that with amphetamine and methylphenidate comedowns. Re dosing (in my experience) tends to make comedowns last longer, but I don't see why for someone who experiences the comedown differently it couldn't just make it worse. Since it's your first time as well that might make it worse, not because it actually is worse, just because you're not used to it.

My understanding was that SSRIs like Zoloft make MDMA completely ineffective, maybe you didn't get real MDMA, or maybe I'm just wrong, but either way, Zoloft shouldn't really make the comedown worse.

My advice is to just go to sleep. If you think you've got high blood pressure and you can get benzos, then you could try that, but if you're feeling like you're almost passing out then it could actually make you pass out, so honestly just keep your phone nearby in case anything happens. Usually, if I'm fully conscious and able to walk, I just hang about near the hospital if I think I've fucked up, but it doesn't sound like you're in dire need of any medical attention, just on a shit comedown.

Taken SSRIs with MDMA is totally not advisable. Google search all not drugs you do with interactions with scripted meds in the future.

I had a friend that was on SSRI and when she took mdma she would just vomit and get migranes.

Go to the ER if you feel that bad and tell them the combination of drugs you took. molly plus SSRI
Taking MDMA with an SSRI won't do much except completely mute out the MDMA. THis contrary to what one would expect. THe migraines and vomiting will have had another cause, perhaps the MDMA on its own but the SSRI/MDMA combination will not have caused this. I have friends that get sick every time they do MDMA and I have friends that get sick randomly, not every roll

Also, serotonin syndrome after a roll is impossible. It happens during a roll and almost exclusively when combined with something like an MAOI or other serotonin-influencing drug (but not SSRIs). All effects that happen after a roll has ended are not serotonin syndrome. Besides, if you had that you would have landed in the ER without a doubt, it is life-threatening and the symptoms are very severe

But, to echo what has been said, if you have doubts, go to the doctor to get checked out. THough I'm willing to bet this will go away with proper rest and nutrition

So the fact that MDMA lowers your electrolyte levels and also causes vasodilation may explain the orthostatic hypotension. Actually all of your symptoms are basically explained by orthostatic hypotension also called postural hypotension. Basically when you go from laying to sitting or sitting to standing your blood pressure tanks which is also what's causing the tunnel vision and the muffled hearing. My recommendation is always to go to the hospital if you really feel like there's something wrong with you and I'm obviously not there so it's hard to make a differential diagnosis but from what you describe that's what my guess you be if you were my patient.

Also forgot. Don't stand up too quickly, you could pass out. You'll regain consciousness very quickly but hitting your head would be bad. Also the best thing you can do for yourself right now is fluid replacement. Get as much water into you as you can and maybe eat a banana. That is if you opt out of the ER.

^ I second the above poster. Some of the effects you're experiencing could just be stemming from dehydration. Did you drink any water while you were on the pills?

But then again, we're not doctors. You should go to the ER just to be safe. Tell the complete truth. You won't get in trouble.

That is where your problem is. You most likely have serotonin syndrome then.
Read my reply above, this is completely false. SSRIs will not cause serotonin syndrome combined with MDMA and certainly not after a roll. Also, I don't know if you're familiar with serotonin syndrome but he would have landed in the ER with severe symptoms if it were that

This sounds like something with blood pressure and circulation maybe? I get the same issue getting tunnel vision and feeling faint standing up from a resting position while on clonidine. Maybe the brain getting less oxygen then it is used too? Just speculating here. Maybe not an ER thing unless you think it is necessary, but following up with your doctor or urgent care.

Read my reply above, this is completely false. SSRIs will not cause serotonin syndrome combined with MDMA and certainly not after a roll. Also, I don't know if you're familiar with serotonin syndrome but he would have landed in the ER with severe symptoms if it were that

Yeah stop scaring her with serotonin syndrome. Tons of people have taken MDMA on SSRIs. It simply lessens or completely kills the effect. It might mess with your emotions a bit, but nothing too overwhelming.

Yeah stop scaring her with serotonin syndrome. Tons of people have taken MDMA on SSRIs. It simply lessens or completely kills the effect. It might mess with your emotions a bit, but nothing too overwhelming.
Oh, sorry I thought that it was like taking SSRIS or MAO inhibitors with DXM or something like that. Never mind then.

It will cause SS taking an Maoi with mdma... Prozac is a reuptake inhibitor so mdma can't create it's reuptake reversal effect. Maoi inhibit enzymes that break down compounds in your synapse and when you flood it with serotonin after stopping the body from removing the excess in the two ways it can well.... Serotonin syndrome occurs.

I feel like that every time I have a good sesh on mdma anyway. Then I know people who can have it and no ill effects the day after. If u knew what was normal for u then it wouldn't be an issue but u don't. So my advice would be to get it checked out.