• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Hearing voices

Drexel5624

Greenlighter
It's been a year since I went threw it. But I use to hear alot of voices. Wasn't ever sure where it came from. If it was subconsciously in my head or was done to me. At the time I was using speed. Also I wasn't the only one hearing it. As I was reading other post it was like hearing about my own life. I was a very good musician and was privileged at one time. But that all ended about when the drug use started. I have put my life back together since. But I have always wondered what I went threw was real or not. It was like being put threw hell for someone's entertainment. I read in some post about light technology? What is that? And do they hate speed users? I guess I'm asking could this have been real? I always thought it was. But my family and friends had me believing I had just went crazy back then. I'm just looking for some kind of answer to what I went threw. If any one can help me please post something.

Please abstain from using speed (amphetamine/meth), and other stimulant drugs. See a medical professional as well and tell them what is happening, which drug(s) you use, etc. Seeing a therapist may help as well. Good luck.

Amphetamine use, especially large doses combined with the lack of sleep they produce, is well documented as a cause of psychosis. One of the classic symptoms is "hearing voices" not so different than schizophrenics describe. Assuming it has resolved, Im quite confident this is what you experienced. If it is persisting, please seek help as mentioned above.

It was real in the sense that you were really hallucinating/delusional. Stimulants and not sleeping are closely linked with psychosis.

What you describe sounds like a psychotic episode related to stimulant use. I had similar delusions, believing that I was being filmed and someone was narrating my life.

If you are still hearing things that no one else does it would be advisable to seek help from a professional like others suggested.

For three years I have been experiencing hearing voices due to what's been diagnosed as drug induced psychosis. I've never been able to agree that they aren't caused by another person or many people.

I'm wondering what makes you believe they are real and not just hallucinations of your own mind?

I have been testing them since they began but I have zero hard evidence. Just my memories, which is amazingly accurate but not perfect.

Hearing voices has been the utmost horrifying and absolutely fascinating experience all at the same time.

I'm diagnosed with bipolar and sometimes I get very very horrible insomnia and when I can't get great sleep I'll start hearing voices. Other times it can happen when I'm in a mania state. Good thing is that I know when it's coming before it happens because I start getting lots of idea's and rapid talking on end.

Try writing down symptoms that you're going through and stay away from uppers. Those are dangerous. I've heard from people that they've heard voices while being on them. You need to take care of yourself. :)

Go see a doctor and tell them what you're experiencing. Good luck! :)

Why did it say a security token was broken or something when I tried to post? My post didn’t go through.

Anyway, I explained that a year ago I was taking Vyvanse (an amphetamine) and it made me have paranoid psychosis that landed me in the hospital. I thought my family was talking about me and plotting against me. They tried to convince me they weren’t, but I didn’t believe it. I thought what I heard on TV was about me. I thought someone in a high position with connections was out to get me. I thought I was being recorded and broadcasted in my house for the entire world to see. When EMS showed up, I was kicking and screaming because I was convinced they were going to kill me. It was a nightmare.

I’m bipolar, but Vyvanse made me feel schizophrenic. I felt normal again after a few days off of it in the hospital. I never ever thought something like that could happen to me.

Are you still taking amphetamines? You should stop if it’s making you feel crazy.

Don't worry, it's completely normal to hear voices. There's nothing unusual about this. That's how people communicate is with voices. If it disturbs you though, maybe you could consider buying some ear plugs?