• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

6 Days Clean!

Exactly what I thought similar when you told your situation. It aways feels nice to speak to someone that understands. Even if it's just speaking and not Actuall help it still helps just to talk. And like you being able to hold your job and everything together. That was the same for me. Oddly enough things weren't bad while using I built up my business and my house doing it, things were content. But my wedding day came up with and I actually got depressed and i decided I wouldn't get married under influence. And wouldn't be like this in our marriage so that's when I quit! She is my drive for me to better. I think a lot of people fail because they don't have the drive to fix their self.

As far as restless legs they were better on the 8th

RLS symptoms can linger a while unfortunately. It depends on the habit and history of kicking, but it isn't unusual for it to last a number of weeks after detoxing from short acting opioids. Gabapentin helps a lot. Clonidine also can help a lot. As do benzos like specifically diazepam.

My go to however is a hot bath or shower and plenty of Tiger Balm under the knees and massaged into the leg muscles. It is downright amazing how well that stuff works.

I am the same way hot bath with ebson salt! I was prepaired I hAd ambein to sleep then gabapentin for restless legs
My initial detox I used 2 clonidine and a clonasipam maybe? It was a benzo

RLS symptoms can linger a while unfortunately. It depends on the habit and history of kicking, but it isn't unusual for it to last a number of weeks after detoxing from short acting opioids. Gabapentin helps a lot. Clonidine also can help a lot. As do benzos like specifically diazepam.

My go to however is a hot bath or shower and plenty of Tiger Balm under the knees and massaged into the leg muscles. It is downright amazing how well that stuff works.

So good to know about the Tiger Balm. I haven't heard about this before. I have been loving my long baths at night and that makes it sound so much better.

I really wish I could have been better armed with my other options but I seriously have two people who I would obtain my vices from and know no one else in the world to ask. I've been so ashamed, I was afraid to speak to my doctor to even ask for help. I'm pretty sure the restless legs are the worst part for me. I don't remember it being this bad when I quit earlier in the year but for some reason that whole 6 weeks I had stopped for a bit is so foggy.

I am the same way hot bath with ebson salt! I was prepaired I hAd ambein to sleep then gabapentin for restless legs
My initial detox I used 2 clonidine and a clonasipam maybe? It was a benzo

Yup, you probably mean clonazepam. That is commonly used for opioid withdrawal, although I prefer diazepam for a number of reasons.

Magnesium is also great in the bath, as are various essential oils and what not. Whatever we can do to be kinder to our bodies, no matter how small it can help (the sense of smell can also be a powerful aid in helping mitigate stress and anxiety btw).

Panhead and 6 Days, you each are doing great. Keep up the good work!

Yes I'm doing okay. Off and on moments of fatuige. Not handling my work stress as well, my wife was in a car accident last night on way to work. So that just stressed me out and I'm glad I didn't think to remove stess by using, but I made t through and off to day 10!

How are you

Yes I'm doing okay. Off and on moments of fatuige. Not handling my work stress as well, my wife was in a car accident last night on way to work. So that just stressed me out and I'm glad I didn't think to remove stess by using, but I made t through and off to day 10!

How are you

I'm sorry to hear about your wife! Hope she's okay and no major damage done. Work just sucks lately for me too. Our busy season is Oct- the 1st of the year and I've started working on clients for November-December this week and ugh.

I totally understand about the fatigue and lack of work anything. Today was rough, really rough. I had been taking a decent amount of L-Tyrosine but ran out and got busy and didn't have time to go to the Health Food store and I truly think that's been making a huge difference. Definitely going to get more soon. I'm also taking a vitamin called Perfecty Calm and I really think it's helped. And if it doesn't, I'm pretending it is ☺️. It's so hard to get motivated in the mornings! My favorite part of my morning was coffee and half a Roxi and waking up super early.

How are you

And thank you for responding. It's really something I look forward to. I need the interaction so badly right now because I've kept this to myself for so long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all. Hope someone is around. Fell off the wagon for awhile again. Back at 30 hours :(

You can do it you just need to hate the drug as much as you love the people in your life.

You are already deceiving people and the end result is that you are withdrawing from these medications alone. You let a monster in your house. It’s threatening everyone. I hope that you get the help that you need so that the damage to your family and yourself goes no further.

I feel that strongly because I am also a mother and I am half the person I used to be before I started taking those drugs. My family deserves better and that is my inspiration.

Last edited:
Don't be discouraged, relapse is a common thing in recovery. When I quit opiates it took me 10 tries. The longest clean time I'd had before beating them was 2 weeks. The fact that you want to quit is the biggest step. Wish you much luck in your recovery. It's a long road but oh so beautiful

Hey 6 days I have been reading your posts and I'm sorry to hear you relapsed but also glad you stopped. How are you doing now? It's my first post on here I usually just read but I feel I can relate to you. I have also been trying to quit lately and I have got up to 5/6 days being clean atleast 3 times in past 2 months and just keep relapsing so I know how hard it is but this time I'm determined to keep going. At the moment I'm on day 1 although I have used some methadone to keep withdrawals minimum and I plan on taking some tomorrow and the next day then nothing so I'm hoping by then withdrawals will be bearable as I am a stay at home mum and have 2 little kiddies to look after while my husband mostly works away. I look forward to hearing how you are doing and hope you are staying strong

Are you still around? I’m thinking of you and I know that you really want off of this shit.

Hi Em! I am still around. Thank you for the kind words. I relapsed yet again but I made the decision to stop again without running out. I have a different mindset. I hope you’re still holding strong!!! Please message me back and let me know how long you’ve made it.

Hi Elle. I am still here. Relapsed yet again but consciously decided to stop this time and I pray for good.

Hey all!! I’m going to continue to update as I feel it’s best for me to just get it out somewhere because still yet no one knows about my issues with opiates. I am almost through 48 hours and I am actually starting to perk up a lot. I took a bath this morning and managed to dry my hair and make it to the health food store for L Tyrosine and B-6. Also picked up a vitamin called Perfectly Calm which really helped me last time. I’m pretty tired and super blah but I am really coming out of it early this time. I’m praying I can say no if I come across something after throwing everything out. I typically don’t start to feel better until after the 72 hour mark but maybe this will be different and I can kick this crap for good!

Officially made it past the 48 hour mark today! I actually got out and did a bit of Christmas shopping while my husband took my son hunting for a little while and that was a huge help! I made it two whole hours wandering around Christmas crowds without wanting to kill someone so I was pretty proud of that! I am taking large doses of Imodium this round, taking Ibuprofen and really attempting to stay hydrated. That combined with my vitamins seems to be keeping a lot of it at bay. I am praying I kick it this time and I truly think I have a shot.

Hey 6 days- you are a great mom and wife. I can relate to your situation.

Honey, Ive not only fell off the wagon I have been run over by it. Im struggling for over a year to stop IV heroin. It all started w prescribed oxycontin-that I was told was non-addictive. I remember the euphoria and energy. But that eventually goes away. I dont feel euphoria. Ever. Not now. I mean, yes, I feel good and get ambitious but nothing like it used to be.

Something you said that resonated w me- was having your coffee w roxi's. I soo miss my mornings too. While still in bed at 4am, I'd take 80mg oxy, 20 mins later get up, make coffee and chill, watch tv. I woke my daughter up at 6am, got her ready for school. When Id run out(as I always did) I'd cry because I missed that morning ritual.

Now, drugs mess up my life. Esp my finances. Im struggling and fighting hard.

And 6- don't ever underestimate the desire to want to quit. There was a time I had no desire or intention of ever quitting. God had a different plan (interesting story- my house burned down and they found empty bags and rigs. So I went to jail that very day. Worst day ever) . I ended up in jail for 6.5 months, then court ordered rehab -to a chronic pain rehab. Which was fucking awesome.

I was clean for 1.5 yrs. Then the so-called friends start offering to sell you this and that. And so it goes.

Right now Im writing an essay to try to get a scholarship into a great place called Saint Judes Retreat. Never give up 6days. It truly is a process. Your're doing fine. Just keep getting back up.

I just now got your response and it was so great to read!!! I need to be better about checking in more often as I truly feel like it helps! I found Kratom and I cannot believe how much it?s helped me. It typically gives me the wonderful energy that the opiates did which I need working a very demanding job and being a mother. I hope your essay went well and that you got into your program!