• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Unusually much pleasure from MDMA -- indication of a disorder or deficiency?

Ghaenrynquau

Greenlighter
Could it indicate some kind of a deficiency or a disorder if someone gets unusually a lot pleasure from MDMA? I know almost everyone gets immense pleasure, but there definitely is some variation in it. And I also know people that say they always feel very happy, so that Ecstasy actually doesn't give them that much. And also there are some that always get anxious and don't enjoy MDMA at all.
Perhaps for example someone who would get addicted to it. Like alcoholism usually is social anxiety -- could mdma craving also point to something specific? Serotonin deficiency perhaps?

Thank you!

There are probably way more variables involved in the variation in hit within an individual that are beyond being related to some kind of endogenous disorder. Purity, synthesis impurities, cutting/substitute agents, dose, form (ie. powder vs. tablet), stomach contents, variations in metabolism induced by recent food/beverage/medication/supplement consumption. I don't know of any such endogenous condition that has been confirmed to cause a hit and miss response to MDMA within an individual.

As you say, some people just don't like MDMA. I've only known 1 such person and he by and large also does not like other drugs he has tried and is *terrified* of everything else. I guess you could say in his case, he has a disorder affecting his ability to enjoy MDMA and I would say that disorder is anxiety. Endogenous factors undetermined.

Set and setting probably play a bigger role than any pharmacokinetic factor. Most MDMA these days is actually pretty decent from what I read on PillReports.

The common synthesis impurities of MDMA are not psychoactive.

There are probably way more variables involved in the variation in hit within an individual that are beyond being related to some kind of endogenous disorder. Purity, synthesis impurities, cutting/substitute agents, dose, form (ie. powder vs. tablet), stomach contents, variations in metabolism induced by recent food/beverage/medication/supplement consumption. I don't know of any such endogenous condition that has been confirmed to cause a hit and miss response to MDMA within an individual.

As you say, some people just don't like MDMA. I've only known 1 such person and he by and large also does not like other drugs he has tried and is *terrified* of everything else. I guess you could say in his case, he has a disorder affecting his ability to enjoy MDMA and I would say that disorder is anxiety. Endogenous factors undetermined.
funny. my friend who doesnt enjoy mdma and amphetamine smokes weed every day and likes to do all psychedelics. lsd on weekends.

I doubt it. Have you ever all taken hits from the same batch before and compared notes? Back in my days of rolling that shit could be pretty hit or miss. Some of it was mosly speed or DXM or LSD but holy shit when you found good clean MDMA that was always a goooooooood night.

Don't have a lot to contribute, I think preconceived notions and beliefs about a drug, whether true or not, play as much of a role as set and setting, especially in the case of MDMA(holes in your brain, methamphetamine analog, peoples own confirmation bias). And as always people vastly under appreciate the role their own psychology plays and try to oversimplify everything by reducing it to 'simple' physiology.

But I mostly just wanted to point out the irony in a poster worried about obtaining an "unusual" amount of pleasure from a drug labeled "Ecstasy".