• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Seems like I've fucked myself with alcohol and it wasn't even that much

Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome/Psychosis and Alcohol Related Dementia are pretty extreme phenomena and the result of chronic malnourishment over a long time. You mentioned that you eat, so I wouldn't really be concerned about it..

Last edited:
Hey man, this sounds like gastritis to me. I get the same symptoms. EAT FOOD. Start with oatmeal and bananas and work your way up to some burgers. And don't drink so much please, I drink a little too much myself. Sometimes some tums or peptol bismol will help but i heard that long term use of that can damage the 'stomach pump' or w/e. I'm no doctor but this is what i've heard from my own doctor. Plz take care.

Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome/Psychosis and Alcohol Related Dementia are pretty extreme phenomena and the result of chronic malnourishment over a long time. You mentioned that you eat, so I wouldn't really be concerned about it..

Alcohol affects metabolism and can cause malnourishment in heavy drinkers, even if they are eating healthy. Alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream and affects every organ in the body. But yeah, those are things seen after years of heavy abuse and usually preceded by a multitude of symptoms. Not eating right will definitely speed things up and make the problems worse.

Update: tests showed everything normal no pancreatitis, livers fine, gallbladders fine. I still have symptoms whether I abuse drugs or not so obviously I have gone back to abusing drugs. They told me further advanced tests will be needed, that might take months to schedule. The most likely guess I got was that I've ruined my stomach.

You probably just have a minor ulcer mate. It's really not something to get too worried about - millions have them. However some drugs (and alcohol) can certainly aggravate them, so I would be conservative with drug use.

Presumably you're being offered an endoscopy to explore the stomach/upper GI?

I think you should definitely go to the doctor. It may be that you are just sensitive to dependence on alcohol (if you've ever been dependent before you will get back there far easier), but it could also be something health-related that you need to identify and treat. My good friend binge drinks literally every night after work, he'll drink 6-8 beers that are 8-9% each, or easily a 12 case of a light beer like PBR. He's been doing this every day since he was 18 (so for 13 years). He only drinks at night. Last year he got nervous he had a dependence so he decided not to drink for a week. He didn't drink for a week and he felt great during that week, no sign of withdrawal whatsoever. So, it depends on the individual, but it may be something besides alcohol withdrawal, which is why you should get checked out.

EDIT: I guess I should have read the replies first. Anyway yeah it sounds like it could be an ulcer or something, but definitely keep trying to find out. Chances are it's no big deal. :)

Update: tests showed everything normal no pancreatitis, livers fine, gallbladders fine. I still have symptoms whether I abuse drugs or not so obviously I have gone back to abusing drugs. They told me further advanced tests will be needed, that might take months to schedule. The most likely guess I got was that I've ruined my stomach.

Have you been screened for mental disorders? It sounds like you are experiencing an anxiety disorder if nothing else.