• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it possible to make tramadol 50mg work faster more potent ?

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
I'm currently prescribed tramadol for pain relief but is there any way to boost the time it takes to kick in and increase the potency ?

thanks in advance

No and yes. Tramadol is probably one of the most secure anti abuse opioids since it needs to be metabolized by the liver into the much stronger opioid O-desmethyltramadol. This drug is responsible for most ot the painkilling and recreational effects.

You can't really speed up this process but you can make it stronger, unfortunately this is going to involve slowing down the onset.

If you stagger your tramadol doses, ie 50mg taken every 20-30 minutes, it will increase the duration as well as the strength of your dose. Tramadol is supposedly potentiated by any other tramadol that is already in your body. That means staggering the doses will give the previous dose time to enter your body therefor potentiating the next dose, and so on.

Be careful as tramadol has a very serious side effect of causing seizures in people who are not normally prone to them.

No and yes. Tramadol is probably one of the most secure anti abuse opioids since it needs to be metabolized by the liver into the much stronger opioid O-desmethyltramadol. This drug is responsible for most ot the painkilling and recreational effects.

You can't really speed up this process but you can make it stronger, unfortunately this is going to involve slowing down the onset.

If you stagger your tramadol doses, ie 50mg taken every 20-30 minutes, it will increase the duration as well as the strength of your dose. Tramadol is supposedly potentiated by any other tramadol that is already in your body. That means staggering the doses will give the previous dose time to enter your body therefor potentiating the next dose, and so on.

Be careful as tramadol has a very serious side effect of causing seizures in people who are not normally prone to them.

thanks for the reply. I should have also noted I take upto 20mg diazepam on top of the tramadol too. That would just lower the chance of seizure right ? I will try in 20 min slots with the tramadol to see how that works. I normally take 3 to 5 at the same time

If your going to stagger, falsifiedhypothesi gave it a great basic rundown. For more information utfse. A few things to know/remember since your new to this. The seizure risk may be compounded due to the staggering itself, which is debatable at best. Also your 3-5 at a time will be different staggered. IMO, 150mg staggered 30+ min a part is eventually a solid longer acting 200mg+ subjectively feeling dose.

This drug can be used correctly if you know your body and how it feels under certain condition, but can also cause seizures, in therapitic doses.

People who never had a seizure; have had them out of nowhere with Tramadol. Remain advised.

If you can accurately read your body signals you can continue safe usage, but it seems the theriputic window and recreation is not as wide as it should be.

Remember that sometimes you won't get that opioid feeling. Don't take more. It's the way the drug works and will lead to a possible OD.

The diazepam still needs to be used with extreme caution, but is great to have with this particular medication if using PRN.

Using the least amount you need is the safest usage.

There is more to say, but this gives a basic important overview..
This post for anyone planning on using Tramadol

Last edited:
is the seizure threshold 300mgs or 400mgs? i can't quite remember.

It's 400mg but it's not unheard of for people to have seizures using less. The benzo you're taking will definitely lessen the risk but still be responsible and stay under 400mg a day

Ha, I left out the point. Yeah, 400mg is the max. Safe for me is 250mg tho 300mg, spread out. Sorry for forgetting that point.

I"m prescribed them and when i get a refill of about 240 they are gone in about 3 days. never had a seizure on them. as far as i know. love and hate this shit.

I"m prescribed them and when i get a refill of about 240 they are gone in about 3 days. never had a seizure on them. as far as i know. love and hate this shit.

That's a ludicrous amount, that's 4 grams of tramadol a day. I can't even fathom why anyone would want to take that much a day. Obviously not a safe amount, just because you haven't had a seizure doesn't mean you aren't at serious risk of having one.

you're very lucky to have no had a seizure taking the amounts that you do, suggest you find a different drug man before something bad happens! take care

Why are you prescribed so many. 400mg in 24 hours is the max advised dose. I really can't come to terms with that amount, why are you not on something stronger than tramadol so you need less pills in the amount of time you do.

It's 400mg but it's not unheard of for people to have seizures using less. The benzo you're taking will definitely lessen the risk but still be responsible and stay under 400mg a day

Excuse me for jumping in like that. But if you need 400 mg, perhaps you'd be better off taking another medication instead.

Hi Keeping. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Question is ive neen taking tramadol for at least 6 years and im trying to stop being a slave to this drug. I was taking it for back pain. Now it just have to take them just to feel normal. Ive heard that Kratom will help alleviate those horrific withdrawals any advice for this?

Thanks again, Phil

Im not keeping obviously but what are you WD symptoms? Besides working on opioid receptors, tramadol also functioms similar to antidepressants which can have their own unique symptoms of WD.

Btw, in the future, try and start your own thread if you have a question like this even if its similar to the discussion going on.

Is this a typo? 80 Trams per day? That is beyond dangerous.

"Hi Keeping. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Question is ive neen taking tramadol for at least 6 years and im trying to stop being a slave to this drug. I was taking it for back pain. Now it just have to take them just to feel normal. Ive heard that Kratom will help alleviate those horrific withdrawals any advice for this?

Thanks again, Phil"

Kratom while great, and it is, carries wd's as much if not more than tramadol, I'm currently going through trouble with kratom and my hormones, it is a great drug, I love it, but I'm finding coming off of high doses of kratom (~15 grams 2-3X's a day) is much harder too kick than tramadol (250-350 Mg's per day).....been there before as well, but ime not nearly as bad as kratom. Really its just a bunch of switch hitting imo.

I'm new here as well, starting today in fact, can't wait to get to know some of you good people, I'm from another omc forum, this is my first time "cheating"